Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Forever  "Duke Nukem 3D with DNF assets"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I've decided to release a Beta of my Duke Nukem 3D Forever mod because I just dont have the time to work on it anymore, I'm so freaking busy with work and all I can barely touch it, so I've put it together as a unfinished Beta so you all can play what I've done so far, it is not finished and it is not perfect, but I would rather release a beta of it rather than leaving it on my PC not being able to find the time to finish it.

So here you go:
Posted Image

Here is the link on moddb.com:
http://www.moddb.com...orever-v10-beta

Since this is unfinished there are alot of things missing:
-No new Overlord Sprite
-Some Babes arnt done
-Keycard opening FPS hand not done
and some others I'm too tired to list.

But this mod pack contains a lot of new sprites and sound that I think you guys might enjoy and sorry it took so long, but this is my first mod, so it aint perfect, but I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 09 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

User is offline   Mia Max 

I think that's great!
Are these monsters full animated already?
A video would be nice.

User is offline   Ronin 

Cool idea, good luck with it. I think the sprites could use a higher saturation or a change to their colour values as they seem too dull, also Duke in the mirrior seem really fat for some reason.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Wow this is looking really nice. ^^ I especially like the shots in the Stadium. ^^

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

LMAO - We WILL mod DNF, even if we have to do it in DN3D!

Seriously though, it's looking good.

Looking forward to the Octabrains :)

I really like the progress you have made already. How are you rendering the sprites? It looks like only the difuse/color map is being rendered. The lack of a normal/bump map and spec map may be what makes them look so flat and under saturated or poorly lit. Depending on how you are rendering these sprites if possible adding back the missing maps may produce better results. Either way I'm impressed with how well these sprites are looking.

This post has been edited by Tepesimpaled: 08 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostTea Monster, on 08 June 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

LMAO - We WILL mod DNF, even if we have to do it in DN3D!

Seriously though, it's looking good.

Looking forward to the Octabrains :(

I'm also looking forward to doing the Octabrains :) Currently Im working on the FPS sprites and then I'm prob gonna do the strippers :P

User is offline   Player Lin 

Nice job for put DNF shit into DN3D. Just awesome...

I've edited the RPG and made it better :)
Posted Image

View PostTepesimpaled, on 08 June 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

I really like the progress you have made already. How are you rendering the sprites? It looks like only the difuse/color map is being rendered. The lack of a normal/bump map and spec map may be what makes them look so flat and under saturated or poorly lit. Depending on how you are rendering these sprites if possible adding back the missing maps may produce better results. Either way I'm impressed with how well these sprites are looking.

My 3DS Max program seems to have some problems right now, its rendering the pictures into png format but they end up being corrupted and the game dosnt read them, so for the time being I'm gonna have to make the sprites in my posing program until I can figure out why 3DS Max is giving me shit.

View PostRipemanewone, on 08 June 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Cool idea, good luck with it. I think the sprites could use a higher saturation or a change to their colour values as they seem too dull, also Duke in the mirrior seem really fat for some reason.

That's the Duke from the 2007 DNF trailer, that's not fat, its all muscle.

Also can anyone tell me how to make the sprite stretch longer? My Ripper Sprite always gets squeezed down and looks ugly, I need to be able to stretch it.

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 08 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

http://wiki.eduke32....ki/Rotatesprite

Also changing the dummytile dimensions will of course affect the final image size.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Like it. Almost wish you had downrezzed the imported sprites and bump up the saturation so they'd fit with the colorful tone and resolution of the rest of the game.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

View PostSebastian, on 09 June 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

Like it. Almost wish you had downrezzed the imported sprites and bump up the saturation so they'd fit with the colorful tone and resolution of the rest of the game.

I was just about to say that. I'd really love it if you'd convert the sprites to the duke palette, and to the same dimensions as the original art.

View PostMblackwell, on 09 June 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

http://wiki.eduke32....ki/Rotatesprite

Also changing the dummytile dimensions will of course affect the final image size.

None of that makes sense to me :)

I've given the RPG and the Cycloid more color so they look a lot better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

Way better, good job, the eye might look better a brighter red but he really looks like he belongs there. Any chance you could upload a video? I would like to see how they look moving.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 09 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

• Evil Overlord

View PostWesker500, on 09 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

None of that makes sense to me :)

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Scripting
http://wiki.eduke32....ki/DEF_Language

View PostRipemanewone, on 09 June 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Way better, good job, the eye might look better a brighter red but he really looks like he belongs there. Any chance you could upload a video? I would like to see how they look moving.

I'm gonna upload a video once I'm satisfied with their movements, the Cycloid is pretty much ready to go, but I think the Battlelord is gonna need some movement work done.

View PostMblackwell, on 09 June 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Could you tell me which one I'm meant to read? Look at the Cycloid pic I just uploaded and see how the Ripper is squeezed down, I wanna change that. I'm kind of a noob at Eduke modding.

• Evil Overlord

You're meant to read both. But for now if you read about "dummytile" under Def Language that will help you understand what I mean. The dimensions of any textures you import are constrained to the dimensions of the ART tile. Dummytile allows you to redefine tiles or create new ones. It will create a blank tile in that spot with the dimensions you tell it to have.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Doesn't look bad, but I'd look out for a Cease and Desist in your future.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 09 June 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Doesn't look bad, but I'd look out for a Cease and Desist in your future.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too open about your project. I gather that Gearbox monitors these forums frequently.

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 09 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

If thats the case then I'll just show off some stuff I've done so far :)

I'm still gonna work on this project unless I get told to stop by the guys at 2K or GBX

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 09 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMblackwell, on 09 June 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

I can do it for him I think. I just don't know exactly how it's supposed to be typed out in the DEF file. Here is how he's replacing the sprites currently:

texture 2524 { pal 0 { file "autoload/duke3d.grp/dukemod/sprites/firstperson/2524.png" } }

Can you add that stuff to that line of code to adjust the dimensions, etc., or does it have to be a whole new line or what? If you or somebody could use that line of code and type us out an example, we'd be good to go. I can do it for him, I just need to see a full example of how it's done. I've been wanting to know how to do this myself as well.

• Evil Overlord

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 09 June 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

I can do it for him I think. I just don't know exactly how it's supposed to be typed out in the DEF file. Here is how he's replacing the sprites currently:

texture 2524 { pal 0 { file "autoload/duke3d.grp/dukemod/sprites/firstperson/2524.png" } }

Can you add that stuff to that line of code to adjust the dimensions, etc., or does it have to be a whole new line or what? If you or somebody could use that line of code and type us out an example, we'd be good to go. I can do it for him, I just need to see a full example of how it's done. I've been wanting to know how to do this myself as well.

dummytile 2524 x-dimension y-dimension

eg
dummytile 2524 60 100

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMblackwell, on 09 June 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

dummytile 2524 x-dimension y-dimension

eg
dummytile 2524 60 100

Thanks! I've been wanting to know how to do it for a long time.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

This is looking pretty damn awesome! Posted Image

User is offline   Diaz 

If you have a way to render the weapons with a higher fov (around 90) they would look much better!

View PostDiaz, on 10 June 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

If you have a way to render the weapons with a higher fov (around 90) they would look much better!

I'll look into that :P

Got one of the DNF Pod girls in :) Looks pretty good to me
Posted Image

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 10 June 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

This is looking pretty damn awesome! Posted Image

And well worth waiting for, now please hurry the fk up! :)

View PostVinsaneOne, on 11 June 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

And well worth waiting for, now please hurry the fk up! :(

George Brossard aint invloved :P So it wont take forever :)

I really like the progress you have been making so far. The Cycloid is coming along really nicely. I almost wonder if what you have for the Battle Lord would work for the Overlord since there isn't a model that will work correctly.

View PostWesker500, on 11 June 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

I'll look into that :P

Got one of the DNF Pod girls in :) Looks pretty good to me
Posted Image

It looks like the DNF babes will work well too. Is there any chance you can render them out in the full 5 or so views and edit the def or con to make them less like cardboard cut outs?

All I know is I can't wait to use this mod with the HRP textures. It might just be the best looking why to play Duke Nukem 3D.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options