Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Forever  "Duke Nukem 3D with DNF assets"

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Any chance making the Pig Cops more aggresive like in Duke Nukem Forever?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View Postdarkcaleb, on 14 June 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Any chance making the Pig Cops more aggresive like in Duke Nukem Forever?

If I knew how to make them go berserk in Eduke I would lol but for now I'm just gonna leave them like this, killing these new pigcops in DN3D is a lot of fun :) I got addicted to killing the pigcops when I was testing them lol

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Still wondering how your're making this sprites from these models? How are you doing this?Any chance telling your secret?
Because i have tried from noesis and it's possible to convert but no animations.

View Postdarkcaleb, on 15 June 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Still wondering how your're making this sprites from these models? How are you doing this?Any chance telling your secret?
Because i have tried from noesis and it's possible to convert but no animations.

http://www.tombraide...ad.php?t=147100

Freeze Ray is in :) I'm gonna edit that white light and turn it red :P
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 16 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Are you going to make the freeze-gun work like it did in DNF? I liked it better in DNF that Duke3D, honestly.

This post has been edited by Slippy_Pig: 17 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostSlippy_Pig, on 17 June 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Are you going to make the freeze-gun work like it did in DNF? I liked it better in DNF that Duke3D, honestly.

Nah, I never liked the beam of ice, I preferred the projectiles better

The Octabrains are in :( (Their movements were kinda hard to do so I made them look like they are moving spider like lol, looks ok)
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Shit, they look so much better than in DNF. C&D is inevitable.

I'm not sure if this is possible with the tools you're using, but is there any chance you can add at the very least ambient occlusion before rendering? Currently, the lack of lighting variation on the models is making them look really flat, and you'd probably make things look a lot better if you could add some.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

No, for God's sake. These look great as-is. They look like high-res sprites done in the same way 3DR would have done them back in 1996.

Don't touch em!

Honestly, even if this was 1996 they'd probably use some sort of lighting or AO pass first, but meh.

Could there at least be a sample of what they would look like IF a AO pass was used, though?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

LOL. I sincerely doubt this is how 3DR would have done it. (Not knocking the project, but that comment is just lunacy.)

I'm really digging the progress you are making with the sprites.

• Judge Mental

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 20 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

LOL. I sincerely doubt this is how 3DR would have done it. (Not knocking the project, but that comment is just lunacy.)

They actually DID IT this way for Duke3D. 3D models in a 3D program, capture posed images, size down.

The only difference is these are captured at high res, and kept there. What's the methodological difference?

Got a bit of a problem here people :(

I'm trying to change the Ripper Sprites dimensions so that it dosnt appear stretched but Eduke dosnt seem to be accepting the command on the Rippers first sprite :( When ever I use the same command for the other sprites it works just fine.

Heres whats wrong:

I have the sprite set normal in the def like this:
texture 2536 { pal 0 { file "autoload/duke3d.grp/dukemod/sprites/firstperson/2536.png" } }

and the sprite looks like this:
Posted Image

Then I add this dummytile thing:
dummytile 2536 160 100 
texture 2536 { pal 0 { file "autoload/duke3d.grp/dukemod/sprites/firstperson/2536.png" } }

It dosnt do anything to it :D But when I use that same dummytile on other FPS sprites, it works fine.

Help?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 20 June 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

They actually DID IT this way for Duke3D. 3D models in a 3D program, capture posed images, size down.

The only difference is these are captured at high res, and kept there. What's the methodological difference?

They also touched them up after sizing down. Anybody who has ever sized down a model rip knows it looks like shit out the box. The models also had lighting/shading applied.

• Judge Mental

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 21 June 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

They also touched them up after sizing down. Anybody who has ever sized down a model rip knows it looks like shit out the box.

Yes, I'm well aware of that.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 21 June 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

The models also had lighting/shading applied.

Not much. When you look at the full sized images floating around they basically had one fill and one highlight on them. Everything was either modeled out or a basic texture.

View PostWesker500, on 21 June 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Got a bit of a problem here people :(

I'm trying to change the Ripper Sprites dimensions so that it dosnt appear stretched but Eduke dosnt seem to be accepting the command on the Rippers first sprite :( When ever I use the same command for the other sprites it works just fine.

Heres whats wrong:

I have the sprite set normal in the def like this:

and the sprite looks like this:
Posted Image

Then I add this dummytile thing:
dummytile 2536 160 100 

It dosnt do anything to it :D But when I use that same dummytile on other FPS sprites, it works fine.

Help?

Try throwing "160" up about a hundred and see if you notice any change. I'd venture it's something to do with scaling. I had some issues trying to do high res gun sprites in the past.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 21 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostCommando Nukem, on 21 June 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Try throwing "160" up about a hundred and see if you notice any change. I'd venture it's something to do with scaling. I had some issues trying to do high res gun sprites in the past.

Yeah I've tried editing that and it doesnt do anything, I dont get it because when I edit it on other sprites (like the rippers 2nd sprite) it works fine.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 21 June 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Not much. When you look at the full sized images floating around they basically had one fill and one highlight on them. Everything was either modeled out or a basic texture.

Those were renders, and probably not under the settings they used for making the sprites. Almost everything in the game utilizes top-left lighting. It is less dramatic on the enemies, but it's still there.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Care to provide a retort, rather than downvoting a post that is rather devoid of personal opinion?

• Judge Mental

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 22 June 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Care to provide a retort, rather than downvoting a post that is rather devoid of personal opinion?

Way to double post over a really silly thing.
The down vote was my response, and it had nothing to do with being personal. I down voted your post because no matter how devoid of personal opinion it was, it was still wrong. Posted Image

The renders clearly feature no additional high fidelity techniques on the models. They were modeled, textured, and rendered very basically, and then cleaned up. The queen is the most obvious of all. She has her fins on the head literally painted onto the mesh with no bump or spec maps.

This is also begining to derail this topic. You have my response. If you took it personally, that's on you. Posted Image

View PostWesker500, on 21 June 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yeah I've tried editing that and it doesnt do anything, I dont get it because when I edit it on other sprites (like the rippers 2nd sprite) it works fine.

It's been awhile since I've done this, but which half of the chain gun is that tile number related to? Is that the lower part? Or is it just the part with the barrels? Or did you actually try and replace both faithfully ala how the original game lined things up?

Posted Image

My only suggestion would be to try playing around with that part of it a bit. It could be that there's something getting in the way there. Try just replacing all the "barrel" frames with the full chaingun image.

Hope this helps in some way, Wesker.

EDIT: Image fixed.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 23 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 23 June 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

Way to double post over a really silly thing.
The down vote was my response, and it had nothing to do with being personal. I down voted your post because no matter how devoid of personal opinion it was, it was still wrong. Posted Image

The renders clearly feature no additional high fidelity techniques on the models. They were modeled, textured, and rendered very basically, and then cleaned up. The queen is the most obvious of all. She has her fins on the head literally painted onto the mesh with no bump or spec maps.

This is also begining to derail this topic. You have my response. If you took it personally, that's on you. Posted Image

No. You're wrong. I never mentioned 'high fidelity techniques', that was someone else. I merely stated that they had lighting and shading that matched that of all of the other textures and sprites. I am right by this fact.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 23 June 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

It's been awhile since I've done this, but which half of the chain gun is that tile number related to? Is that the lower part? Or is it just the part with the barrels? Or did you actually try and replace both faithfully ala how the original game lined things up?

Posted Image

My only suggestion would be to try playing around with that part of it a bit. It could be that there's something getting in the way there. Try just replacing all the "barrel" frames with the full chaingun image.

Hope this helps in some way, Wesker.

EDIT: Image fixed.

I've just deleted the first sprite and made the ripper work with the other 4 sprites :( Not perfect but it looks good :(

Thanks for the help anyway :D

• Judge Mental

If it works, it works! :(

It's a shame the only place the updated Moon Overlord exits is in the DNF intro.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 23 June 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

It's a shame the only place the updated Moon Overlord exits is in the DNF intro.

I've got plenty of monsters from other games at my fingertips I could use :(

User is offline   Loke 

View PostWesker500, on 23 June 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

I've got plenty of monsters from other games at my fingertips I could use :(

A modified Rancor with a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. :(

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostInsanityBringer, on 20 June 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this is possible with the tools you're using, but is there any chance you can add at the very least ambient occlusion before rendering? Currently, the lack of lighting variation on the models is making them look really flat, and you'd probably make things look a lot better if you could add some.

I agree with this. Or in the apparently new style of Commando Nukem: I agree with this.

• Judge Mental

View PostSangman, on 25 June 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

I agree with this. Or in the apparently new style of Commando Nukem: I agree with this.

Don't steal my style.

Posted Image

Gityer... own!

View PostLoke, on 24 June 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

That would actually kinda work! Posted Image

View PostLoke, on 24 June 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I guess it could work :(
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 26 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options