Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is online   Jblade 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 26 April 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

In the Russian level, your buddies will sometimes fall right through the bridge and end up in the water below. I wasn't sure what had happened to them until I reached the battlefield below the bridge and found them in the water. I can't think of a good fix for that. This was another easy level, though slightly harder than Mikko's. What made it easy was the abundance of equipment. By the way, it's satisfying for enemies to drop equipment and that's something that is missing from this TC. You might consider adding enemy drops for the second episode.

As I add more temp weapons I'll code enemies to drop them - a few enemies also drop health if you're below a certain threshhold (and this chance is much greater on easier skill levels)

One little problem I had was that the tank would get blocked by my buddies. I had to get out of the tank and lead them away from it before I could proceed. I also managed to get it stuck on the top of the stairs leading to the palace (obviously I should not have driven it up there). This required reloading a saved game, since I did not want to fight the other tanks without my tank. By the way, that's very nice how you have the body of the tank rotating in a smart way to match its direction.

Ilovefoxes made that tank, so I can't take any credit for it <_< (Although I did add in the machinegun turret part)

The boss fight at the end of the level was the one part that was a little hard. But then I discovered that the boss was content to say in one place while I used cover and gradually wore him down. I think he may have gotten himself stuck.

He was originally harder; the missile launcher and Highwire's rifle are the best attacks since they deal armour-piercing damage.

I thought the reduced mouse steering on the mech was to emphasize how slow the mech was, or maybe that it was just a prototype, but if that's not the case then it yes it would be nice to have it a bit faster.

Yeah, it is slow due to it's prototype nature. More likely than not a more advanced model with strafing capabilities may make an appearence in the future :huh:

I'll take a look at that abyss glitch.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I brought up the ammo selection menu thing for rusty's machine gun (which switches between bullets and grenade launcher) then switched weapons, but the menu will still there. Maybe the menu should be made to disappear if the weapon that the ammo selection screen is for is no longer the weapon being held.

Edit: While I'm posting, can the sound made when the player runs out of sprint energy be changed to something other than the 'surfacing from water with the scuba gear' or whatever that sound is? It sounds like the player is using an asthma puffer, or is inhalling from an oxygen tank or something. Are you guys really that unfit? Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

User is online   Jblade 

View PostMicky C, on 27 April 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I brought up the ammo selection menu thing for rusty's machine gun (which switches between bullets and grenade launcher) then switched weapons, but the menu will still there. Maybe the menu should be made to disappear if the weapon that the ammo selection screen is for is no longer the weapon being held.

Edit: While I'm posting, can the sound made when the player runs out of sprint energy be changed to something other than the 'surfacing from water with the scuba gear' or whatever that sound is? It sounds like the player is using an asthma puffer, or is inhalling from an oxygen tank or something. Are you guys really that unfit? Posted Image

Good idea on the first one - the second one is harder simply because getting voices from the other guys is a pain, there's still tons of lines and stuff that haven't been recorded <_<

• Honored Donor

What's the deal with these wizard things? I'm throwing everything I have at them but the motherf*ckers just won't die. And they follow you everywhere. When I use the machine gun the bullets cause sparks and sound like they're hitting metal. The pistols seem to cause damage but they seem to be eating the bullets or something. I don't recall them being anywhere near this difficult on the lower settings. I've used up all alt ammos and explosives..

Edit: They also seem to project some kind of symbol in front of them like a shield that I also can't remember from before.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

User is online   Jblade 

Supernatural enemies are completely resistant to normal attacks on Expert and Proffesional - use silver ammo, energy weapons, or magic to hurt them. That key you can grab in that area unlocks some rooms in the little house you entered it from. If you go the right from the bathroom you can unlock a gate holding a crossbow and silver bolts (or try your luck with one of the other doors)

I just looked and I should of coded that shield to appear every time you hit it with a non-effective weapon on Expert and up. It's purely a visual effect to show you that you're not really hurting it.

This post has been edited by James: 27 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

• Honored Donor

Actually that's from the mine area near the church, I managed to escape the house with at least 2 of them still in there, I don't really want to to go back in :S

Is there any information on how enemies change like that? I looked up that encyclopaedia manual and the section under life forms and enemies is empty.

User is online   Jblade 

View PostMicky C, on 27 April 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

Actually that's from the mine area near the church, I managed to escape the house with at least 2 of them still in there, I don't really want to to go back in :S

Is there any information on how enemies change like that? I looked up that encyclopaedia manual and the section under life forms and enemies is empty.

That's the only major change in a few enemies; they also become more aggressive with a higher chance of them wanting to attack (and certain enemies have a reduced chance of flinching when hurt) If I had a way of displaying info on the skill menu if you highlight expert or proffesional I would but I don't think it's possible to tell what skill the player has highlighted until they actually selected it.

I'd recommend re-visiting that house, once you get either of the silver weapons or Rusty's pulserifle you can take out those guys no problem. There's also a riotgun in a dormitory to the left side of the slope leading up to the church, alongside some Tesla ammo which is also effective against those guys.

This post has been edited by James: 27 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

User is online   Jblade 

Here's the v1.2 patch, fixing many things noted here and at AMC by Somagu.

http://www.mediafire...2n5hryg5jrlrsr5

Unzip into the AMC TC directory, overwriting anything already in there. This will invalidate save games, but you can skip back to the level you last beat via the mission select console in the AMC base <_<

Fixes:
AMC TC V1.20
-Fixed MP40/M16 not showing up in base armoury
-Fixed M16 not showing up in mission select map
-Fixed misalignments in mission select map
-Fixed being able to select null characters
-Fixed being able to use melee attacks whilst checking PDU
-Fixed being able to roll whilst sliding
-Fixed being able to roll under certain objects
-Fixed being able to slide with very low stamina
-Fixed being able to wallkick off of nothing
-Fixed spawning heartleech for free by weapon switching
-Fixed RPK's max magazine size, subsequently fixing being able to reload whilst full
-Fixed RPKM not removing PKM's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed Silver Talon not removing Gold Talon's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed misaligned switch in Megabase
-Fixed equipment array not being resized in gunshop
-Fixed holding down reload key constantly reloading mag-fed shotguns
-Fixed enviro-suit laser firing whilst moving
-Fixed Merlijn's Axe and Holy Hand-grenade taunts not playing globally
-Fixed Satyr flinch animation messing up dying animations
-Fixed Sawn-off gaining other weapon's attributes
-Fixed bug with dying whilst cutscene playing; will automatically reset level or load savegame
-Fixed movement glitches with Mech Suit and Hover-craft
-Fixed camera sprite not resetting screen angle
-Fixed SVD remaining in scope mode once ammunition is depleted
-Fixed capitilisation on 'We've got all the evidence' achievement picture
-Fixed some sequence breaking in 'For Providence'
-Fixed some sequence breaking in 'Millhaven'
-Fixed gold weapons not doing proper damage on higher skill levels
-Fixed speech bubble not actually disapearing when disabled
-Fixed pigcop and lizman shooting above player when player is crouching
-Added ability to skip straight to underground AMC base by right-clicking on character pic in AMCB.map
-Added new gameplay sounds for Vladmir (by Mblackwell)
-Added Lizman Laser gun research project
-Improved Abyss path tiles, appear further away from player now with animation
-Improved mission select for Episode 1, shows who you've beaten the level with (where applicable)
-Tweaked red, fire and ice spell attacks to not hurt player with splash damage
-Tweaked supernatural enemies to always spawn protection shield if hit with a non-effective weapon on Expert and up
-Tweaked enemy replacement rates for Random enemy replacer
-Tweaked John to fire Plasma shots when against supernatural enemies
-Updated credits listing in credits map

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJames, on 27 April 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Here's the v1.2 patch, fixing many things noted here and at AMC by Somagu.

Cool. I still have to finish my first playthrough, but I'll use that for the second.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJames, on 27 April 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

the second one is harder simply because getting voices from the other guys is a pain, there's still tons of lines and stuff that haven't been recorded <_<

The exaggerated gasping and pain sounds when the sprint bar runs out makes it sound like the character is taking damage. Imo it would be better to make no sound at all, and have the running icon flash for a second.

I'm stuck in the James mission. I used a cog to activate some machinery and it opened a door to the prison (according to the cutscene). Trouble is, I cannot find that location. And unlike a viewscreen, I can't look at the cutscene again for clues.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Did you check behind the bookshelf?

User is online   Jblade 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 April 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'm stuck in the James mission. I used a cog to activate some machinery and it opened a door to the prison (according to the cutscene). Trouble is, I cannot find that location. And unlike a viewscreen, I can't look at the cutscene again for clues.

That's just a bonus area - there's a small-ish door you can kick open behind the moon door which'll reveal a room that you should use the scanner in (If you've got a knife assigned, press back + quick kick or jump + quick kick to do another melee attack that'll open ta door)

• Duke Plus Developer

OK, I got a lot farther. Lilith died in a big boss battle, and now I'm controlling John. The PDU says that I'm supposed to meet up with Sang, but I don't know where to go. I made my way to the magically sealed door that Sang had opened, since the PDU mentioned that, but the passage was closed. It seemed like I was making progress when I used a toolkit and activated that big elevator in the mine.

User is online   Jblade 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 April 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

OK, I got a lot farther. Lilith died in a big boss battle, and now I'm controlling John. The PDU says that I'm supposed to meet up with Sang, but I don't know where to go. I made my way to the magically sealed door that Sang had opened, since the PDU mentioned that, but the passage was closed. It seemed like I was making progress when I used a toolkit and activated that big elevator in the mine.

You were making progress, you take that elevator which leads you back up into the starting area. You'll see a truck outside that area and John will make a comment about the tunnel doors being open. To the right of the outside area is a tunnel with a blue van, some enemies will of spawned there and will be shooting at you to draw your attention to it.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJames, on 27 April 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

You were making progress, you take that elevator which leads you back up into the starting area. You'll see a truck outside that area and John will make a comment about the tunnel doors being open. To the right of the outside area is a tunnel with a blue van, some enemies will of spawned there and will be shooting at you to draw your attention to it.

Yeah, well I managed to fuck that up in a couple of ways, LOL. But this should help fix a few bugs. If you go back down to the mines, there is no way of getting back up again, because the elevator is stuck in the up position (the switch does nothing). Also, (and this I am not as certain about) it seems that you can only go back to the starting area once. If you leave the starting area again, you can't get back to it. EDIT: To be more precise, what happened was I went to the surface, did not find the tunnel so I went down again. Realizing my mistake, I tried to return to the surface again but this time I was blocked by a wooden wall which covered the opening behind the bookcase in the back of the room where James kicked the door to get in.

• Honored Donor

In snowbase I shot a guy with this gun and he ran around in flames at the same height as that he was shot at. What I mean is that I shot him, and he was running along the stairs in mid-air basically. (you can see his remains floating there)

Posted Image

I remember mentioning this before. It's kinda hard to do, but it's still possible to get squished between this rock and the wall in snowbase.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 27 April 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

In snowbase I shot a guy with this gun and he ran around in flames at the same height as that he was shot at. What I mean is that I shot him, and he was running along the stairs in mid-air basically. (you can see his remains floating there)

Possibly the flaming body is a different actor which is cactored to from several different enemies and it lacks the fall command.

• Duke Plus Developer

Haha, well anyway I got to the end by clipping through that wall to return to the surface. The funny thing is, I managed to go through the area where he makes the tunnel comment the first time without him saying anything. I think it's because I used the little walkway on the side instead of walking through the middle. When I returned there, he made the comment and then I went to the finishing area.

Great cutscenes at the end (and throughout, for the most part). I didn't even realize that the weapons guy was "DeeperThought" until he appeared in the credits.

User is online   Jblade 

Fixed the flame guy - there was a fall command in him but it only did it at the start of it's code. doh!

Great cutscenes at the end (and throughout, for the most part). I didn't even realize that the weapons guy was "DeeperThought" until he appeared in the credits.

I felt a bit bad cutting out the cyborg character you were supposed to be originally so instead I basically made you the weapon shop keeper. it's kinda pointless but still <_<

For John's part, I'll see what I can do. I should block all access to the other parts of the map when you take control of him.

• Honored Donor

Can there please be a news item about this update? There was a small news item before simply about how there was going to be an update, and now that the update is out, and a lot of the post-update bugs have been squashed, it's time for another news item.

Actually a big reason I want this news update so bad is that I'm just sick of seeing that DNF interview about how "awesome" the DLC was...
But it deserves some news anyway.

User is online   Jblade 

It would be cool, but do many people check the front page compared to the forums? I never really ask for frontpage updates since I imagine most people who see that also see the forums.

also might be worth waiting for v1.3, since Somagu pointed out a shitload of little bigs and stuff which I've been busy fixing as well <_<

This post has been edited by James: 02 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

<Warning : Stupid rage complaints...but...;)>

......looks like my installation of AMC TC stop to working when I installed v1.10 on it(throw some CON errors), so I decided to kill it...(but keep the data directory, I know it's my all progress in AMC TC)

But when I want to re-download the TC, I went to Moddb, and click the download, it says "Click to begin downloading AMC_THE_TC_V1.11.zip from Gamefront."

......wait, ShitFront? <_<

******* HELL, no...not again, the same shit happens that I got in a Serious Sam 3 mod...

...can I request a/some mirror(s)? :huh:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 03 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

User is online   Jblade 

Gamefront's handled thorugh moddb...there's no other place I can really put mirrors since it works fine for me and I need to be able to update it on short notice. Sorry you're having trouble though <_<

User is offline   Somagu 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 03 May 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

...can I request a/some mirror(s)? <_<

Since you asked "nicely" here's a mirror for v1.11.

This post has been edited by Somagu: 03 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the mirror, Somagu. ;)

View PostJames, on 03 May 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Gamefront's handled thorugh moddb...there's no other place I can really put mirrors since it works fine for me and I need to be able to update it on short notice. Sorry you're having trouble though <_<

.......what? Moddb only gives shitfront links now?! What the ****ing hell... :huh:

I don't want call Moddb to "Muddb" but due to that so I cannot get any shit from Moddb now...*sigh*

EDIT : Looks like it still have some mirror download servers in some Hot mods...but...it still doesn't works if I want get a not-so-hot mod and Moddb gives stupid shitfront link...:\

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 04 May 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

.......what? Moddb only gives shitfront links now?! What the ****ing hell... <_<

I don't want call Moddb to "Muddb" but due to that so I cannot get any shit from Moddb now...*sigh*

EDIT : Looks like it still have some mirror download servers in some Hot mods...but...it still doesn't works if I want get a not-so-hot mod and Moddb gives stupid shitfront link...:\

If your download is slow, just click on 'try a different mirror'
http://www.indiedb.c...sages%2Fupdates

not sure if this link actually works, so an image

User is offline   Somagu 

View PostHank, on 04 May 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

That should definitely help him, but his problem isn't with speed. Filefront blocks IPs from China/Taiwan, which is presumably where he's from. He can't use their service at all.

This post has been edited by Somagu: 04 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

User is offline   t800 

Hi James!
I wanted to post message about this great TC when it came (untill now I used to play 1st version that was released at christmas), but I didnt know what to write because I was satisfied and others outdid me in praising of your TC (I still think that this TC can compete with WGR2 in terms of quality, gameplay time lenght amd quantity of new content). So my first post is about bugs. Bugs that I didnt encounter in 1st version. <_<
I jumped straight from 1st version to last one (1.1) with latest patch (1.2). And I encountered 2 bugs, one just aesthetic but other one is IMHO critical.
First one is disappearing of Sang's bat. His bat disappears whenever I start any story mission or any Classic collection map (as you can see from attached pictures taken from Megabase and Dis Base). Strange fact is that it doesnt disappear in AMC base, nor in user maps or map selection at Classic collection episode.

Posted Image Posted Image

Second bug is sadly critical - firing laser in enviro suit is messed up. It works only sometimes, and what is most hilarious only when i faced certain walls. I had to run trough drones like hell, but I made it. But this bug made irradiated passage awfully hard.

View PostHank, on 04 May 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

http://www.indiedb.c...sages%2Fupdates

not sure if this link actually works, so an image
Attachment mirrors.jpg

Yes, I know. FileFront/GameFront link was slow for me, and if they give that mirror servers list with other servers.
Click your link with Indie DB one and I see that list, but not when I click the download button in Moddb one.
The mirror link in Moddb one was working but for some reasons, even I login my Moddb account, I still only have ShitFront link, no other mirrors.

Posted Image

I don't know what's wrong, but...I can't get AMC TC due that shit happens... ;)
I didn't know Indie DB one until I saw Hank's post...and I have no idea why they do that shit...

View PostSomagu, on 04 May 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

That should definitely help him, but his problem isn't with speed. Filefront blocks IPs from China/Taiwan, which is presumably where he's from. He can't use their service at all.

Yes, like I linked my post on Seriously! forum, I'm from Taiwan. ShitFrontFileFront did blocked all ranges of IPs in China and Taiwan due many users over-using their shitty service (put some big copyrighted shit in it), was temporarily unblocked after they changed to GameFront, but it's not last long.

And it's funny because they only blocked file downloading server, still works fine in GameFront main website and their pictures server, but only one FAIL : their CSS file for the website looks like got blocked too so when I go to GameFront and get this...

http://content.imgbox.com/aam8576E.jpg
http://content.imgbox.com/aaogaEWb.jpg

Oh...Come on! <_<
Why not just blocked all your SHIT, GameFront?! :huh:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 05 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 05 May 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Yes, I know. FileFront/GameFront link was slow for me, and if they give that mirror servers list with other servers.
Click your link with Indie DB one and I see that list, but not when I click the download button in Moddb one.
The mirror link in Moddb one was working but for some reasons, even I login my Moddb account, I still only have ShitFront link, no other mirrors.

I don't know what's wrong, but...I can't get AMC TC due that shit happens... ;)
I didn't know Indie DB one until I saw Hank's post...and I have no idea why they do that shit...

Yes, like I linked my post on Seriously! forum, I'm from Taiwan. ShitFrontFileFront did blocked all ranges of IPs in China and Taiwan due many users over-using their shitty service (put some big copyrighted shit in it), was temporarily unblocked after they changed to GameFront, but it's not last long.

And it's funny because they only blocked file downloading server, still works fine in GameFront main website and their pictures server, but only one FAIL : their CSS file for the website looks like got blocked too so when I go to GameFront and get this...

http://content.imgbox.com/aam8576E.jpg
http://content.imgbox.com/aaogaEWb.jpg

Oh...Come on! <_<
Why not just blocked all your SHIT, GameFront?! :huh:

I would file a bug report. It may be a setting at your end as well, and not Gamefront's Posted Image Firefox had some issues with moddb before.
http://www.indiedb.c...m/board/support or
http://www.moddb.com...m/board/support

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options