Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Smooth Reaper

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Dzierzan, on 21 March 2020 - 03:57 AM, said:

Smooth Reaper

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's cool for the animation of much more fluid weapons. However, I have a question. Do you have the possibility of adding certain animations of the weapons in full without cuts is especially without compression?

I already tried to add this, because the original animation is broken:

I also have the same concern for "freezethrower" and "chaingun"

Extractions of the images for the levels of difficulty + the frameworks of the dialogs of the characters, always of DNA. This could be useful for the HUD or having fun adding the text you want for Duke and the others.

It's cool for the animation of much more fluid weapons. However, I have a question. Do you have the possibility of adding certain animations of the weapons in full without cuts is especially without compression?

You can extract weapon sprites from Duke using BAFed tool and combine them in GIMP tool.

Dzierzan, on 21 March 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

You can extract weapon sprites from Duke using BAFed tool and combine them in GIMP tool.

Yeah thanks ! I have Photoshop! Should this do it? Or do you really need GIMP?

Firefly Trooper, on 21 March 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yeah thanks ! I have Photoshop! Should this do it? Or do you really need GIMP?

Any such tool should do it.

Dzierzan, on 21 March 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

Any such tool should do it.

Thanks man !

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ooops !!! problem of sent files.

This post has been edited by F!re-Fly: 21 March 2020 - 10:13 PM

Shake it baby!

Posted Image
Posted Image

In order to create addtional frames for tipping, I used actual footage of original frames from here

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 22 March 2020 - 07:34 AM

Duke Nukem "Total Meltdown" Japanese version. This image was extracted from the jacket of the game and was reworked by me, the most successful possible.

Poster of some fictional musician's farewell tour. made with a picture of me and my bass guitar!

Attached Image: prisoner_of_war_farewell_tour_poster.png

User is offline   11bush 

Dzierzan, on 22 March 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

Shake it baby!

Posted Image
Posted Image

In order to create addtional frames for tipping, I used actual footage of original frames from here

Hey man, can I ask how you add extra frames to an animation? I would love to be able to do that for some of the weapons I have created, I just don't have the con editing know how.

Thanks

I have no experience in CON editing. This is why I created SmoothDuke thread so someone can actually help me in making such mod. People do like my work but no one with needed experience and knowledge has shown any interest in the project yet. I hope this sooner or later changes. Nevertheless I will keep making these edits as i will be forced to stay home (i cannot travel from Germany to Poland no more without not having a quarantine).

11bush, on 25 March 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hey man, can I ask how you add extra frames to an animation? I would love to be able to do that for some of the weapons I have created, I just don't have the con editing know how.

Thanks

There was a well-made tutorial on weapons, from the Dukespana forum. Unfortunately there are no more traces ... Or almost! There is always a way to access the tutorial pages.

User is offline   11bush 

F!re-Fly, on 26 March 2020 - 03:32 AM, said:

There was a well-made tutorial on weapons, from the Dukespana forum. Unfortunately there are no more traces ... Or almost! There is always a way to access the tutorial pages.

Haha, one day I will find it. ;) I have been searching for something, and trying to figure it out at the same time. I just gotta keep looking.

11bush, on 26 March 2020 - 06:22 AM, said:

Haha, one day I will find it. :lol: I have been searching for something, and trying to figure it out at the same time. I just gotta keep looking.

Look no further, I have all the tutorial pages in my possession. I managed to recover everything and especially to translate the pages (French for me including). ;)

User is offline   11bush 

F!re-Fly, on 26 March 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

Look no further, I have all the tutorial pages in my possession. I managed to recover everything and especially to translate the pages (French for me including). ;)

Oh awesome! Is there anywhere I can get my hands on that?

11bush, on 26 March 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Oh awesome! Is there anywhere I can get my hands on that?

I don't think I was very clear. I just said that I saved the pages and saved everything in PDF file. ;)

User is offline   11bush 

F!re-Fly, on 27 March 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

I don't think I was very clear. I just said that I saved the pages and saved everything in PDF file. ;)

Haha, I didn't mean literally get my hands on it ;) I just meant if you have a copy of some actual good weapon tutorials can I get a copy? :lol:
Or a way to access it.

This post has been edited by 11bush: 27 March 2020 - 11:40 AM

11bush, on 27 March 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Haha, I didn't mean literally get my hands on it :lol: I just meant if you have a copy of some actual good weapon tutorials can I get a copy? ;)
Or a way to access it.

If you want to go to the Duke Espana forum it's still possible, but it's super hassle and it's super slow. What I propose is a way to save time and it is for me the only tutorial on weapons that is good. I will give the site and I will also post the files on my main thread.

https://web.archive....ana.com/phpbb2/

User is offline   11bush 

Man, thanks for the link! that place is a goldmine of information.

User is offline   11bush 

Dzierzan, on 25 March 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

I have no experience in CON editing. This is why I created SmoothDuke thread so someone can actually help me in making such mod. People do like my work but no one with needed experience and knowledge has shown any interest in the project yet. I hope this sooner or later changes. Nevertheless I will keep making these edits as i will be forced to stay home (i cannot travel from Germany to Poland no more without not having a quarantine).

I finally found it, thanks to Firefly. I'm gonna start trying to get it done today.
https://web.archive....6be60bf50d765e5

11bush, on 27 March 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

I finally found it, thanks to Firefly. I'm gonna start trying to get it done today.
https://web.archive....6be60bf50d765e5

there are 6 parts to that tutorial, since i downloaded them for myself i took the liberty of uploading them here:

https://www64.zippys...aQYZF/file.html

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 March 2020 - 02:43 PM

Lazy Dog, on 27 March 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

there are 6 parts to that tutorial, since i downloaded them for myself i took the liberty of uploading them here:

https://www64.zippys...aQYZF/file.html

We had the same idea.

User is offline   11bush 

After a few hours of reading and messing around, I managed to add a few more frames to the first weapon firing animation, and make a 13 frame reload. ;) Not perfect of course, but I just wanted to see it in action.

11bush, on 28 March 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

After a few hours of reading and messing around, I managed to add a few more frames to the first weapon firing animation, and make a 13 frame reload. ;) Not perfect of course, but I just wanted to see it in action.

I see that it is quite easy for you. For my part, I wanted to code the WT's flame thrower for my mod, but I had given up (for the moment).

I think you could help me with hud coding or new items.

User is offline   11bush 

F!re-Fly, on 28 March 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

I see that it is quite easy for you. For my part, I wanted to code the WT's flame thrower for my mod, but I had given up (for the moment).

I think you could help me with hud coding or new items.

Haha, it's not easy for me but seeing as we aren't allowed outside I have alot of time to mess around with it. ;) are you trying to make just a regular flamethrower? I can read more and try to figure some stuff out maybe.

User is offline   11bush 

I actually managed to add a reload animation to another weapon using that tutorial, thanks again fire fly for the link! That was a game changer for me.

The size and proportions are all off I just used a weapon that I had previously made just to check the animations.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options