Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another Glock for Duke. This one, essentially, makes Duke's starting pistol authentic.

Though, due to the size and shape of Glock's it looks rather tiny in his hand.

This is borrowed in part from Ashes 2063, as well as another Zdoom glock (which I think Ashes also borrowed from) as well as the Duke 3D pistol itself.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

User is offline   BlitZ 

• The artist formerly known as Trooper

I'm not sure what you mean by authentic, Duke's pistol is pretty clearly based off of a HiPoint.

Living rent free in Nancsi's brain since 1999.

User is offline   TheDragonLiner 

If you take the original pick-up sprite then it DOES look more authentic, more faithfull to the original.
However if you take the First Person sprites then it's a different story. Some websites refer to Duke's pistol as a "Buffed up Glock". I think it's IMFDB who said that ...

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy 100MPH, on 27 May 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean by authentic, Duke's pistol is pretty clearly based off of a HiPoint.

It's really not, though. It's some freakish distorted thing that's half CGI and half photo-referenced. Yes, i've seen the comparisons to a C-9, but it honestly has qualities of both a Glock and a C-9. The pick up sprite bares more resemblance to a Glock, and it's been the common (mis?)conception that they were aiming for a Glock.

But I digress, by authentic I more meant that it's now a real gun and not some cake thing that doesn't really look like it could even function.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

Attempted reconstruction of Pigcop with the Beta double barreled gun (on the final version sprite) using the few findable sources and speculating a little. Probably the lying down shooting was not intended in the original concept, consider that as an expansion of it.
Attached Image: Pigcop Beta Double Barrel Gun.png

User is offline   BlitZ 

• The artist formerly known as Trooper

View PostCommando Nukem, on 27 May 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

It's really not, though. It's some freakish distorted thing that's half CGI and half photo-referenced. Yes, i've seen the comparisons to a C-9, but it honestly has qualities of both a Glock and a C-9. The pick up sprite bares more resemblance to a Glock, and it's been the common (mis?)conception that they were aiming for a Glock.

But I digress, by authentic I more meant that it's now a real gun and not some cake thing that doesn't really look like it could even function.

Hi-Point's 9MM line is pretty much just a shitty Glock rip off. It's exceedingly clear that it was modeled off a 9MM Hi Point with a shitty tactical light attachment, and then later the ejection port was erased and redrawn by hand (which is why it doesn't look right) to make it look more like a Glock for God knows what reason.

Maybe they were embarrassed to think Duke would shoot such a shitty fucking gun lmao

Living rent free in Nancsi's brain since 1999.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options