Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Those different colors on the grafitti girls, those are your edits right?

Here's another one for the armory. This gun is entirely custom. 3D render in Max, Converted down and palette-ized for Duke.

Posted Image

It's supposed to be some kind of a battery powered energy pistol for space cops. It has a "bolt" on top that actions some kind of an energy mechanism inside which also actions the power cell backward on the rear of the frame. (My logic here was that every time the weapon cycles the firing system, all of the excess heat is shoved into a trench in the power cell and vented out of the rear of the weapon.) The power cells have to be swapped out and recharged, just like on a conventional fire arm, though they can handle firing far more shots than a conventional pistol before a reload, and have the added benefit of variable attack modes (IE: stunning or burning a hole through someone.)

This is from a side project i've been experimenting with for a few years on and off called "Executor." About a riot on a space prison where you basically play a riot guard named Neophyte 468.

Here's another work in progress sprite I made for it, called the "AssCan"

Posted Image

Feel free to use them, or if they inspire someone to make something elsewhere, by all means. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 19 November 2018 - 04:10 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 November 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

Those different colors on the grafitti girls, those are your edits right?

Even the base sprites are major edits comparatively.

Here they are blown up 4X for comparison.
Spoiler

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

The Heavy Flamer. Based on/inspired by Jimmy's Immolator.

Posted Image

A personal friend of mine. Pulse Rifle. Borrowed from the Zdoom forums and repaletized/colored.

Posted Image

Slayer's RPG. Heavy edit of the D4D Rocket Launcher. It has a bit of an odd angle, and probably wouldn't work too well.

Posted Image

A retro/chunkier version of the chaingun. I was trying to recreate the look of the 2006 era DNF chaingun. The frame isn't really finished as the lower right of the gun needs to be.. Made. But it's something, I guess.

Posted Image

Based on various Shadow Warrior bits, this is the "fragger." I always thought a "Flak Cannon" ala the Unreal series would be fitting of The Dukester.

Posted Image

Wang's grenade launcher. Now in Duke's hands!

Posted Image

I don't know. A devastator edit. I call it the Boom Box.

Posted Image

Proximity "Shock Bombs." Again I always thought this would make not only a good Duke weapon, but a great piece of pseudo future tech for the LAPD to use in riots. Based on Lo Wang's sticky bombs.

Posted Image

An edit of the Duke 3D RPG to make it look a bit like the RPG featured in the ill-fated "Duke Nukem Cataclysm." Which had a reload animation every 5 shots where fresh payload would be loaded into the top section.

None of these are done, of course, but if anyone sees anything they like or is even just inspired then please help yourselves. :rolleyes:

View PostCommando Nukem, on 28 November 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

The Heavy Flamer. Based on/inspired by Jimmy's Immolator.

Posted Image

A personal friend of mine. Pulse Rifle. Borrowed from the Zdoom forums and repaletized/colored.

Posted Image

Slayer's RPG. Heavy edit of the D4D Rocket Launcher. It has a bit of an odd angle, and probably wouldn't work too well.

Posted Image

A retro/chunkier version of the chaingun. I was trying to recreate the look of the 2006 era DNF chaingun. The frame isn't really finished as the lower right of the gun needs to be.. Made. But it's something, I guess.

Posted Image

Based on various Shadow Warrior bits, this is the "fragger." I always thought a "Flak Cannon" ala the Unreal series would be fitting of The Dukester.

Posted Image

Wang's grenade launcher. Now in Duke's hands!

Posted Image

I don't know. A devastator edit. I call it the Boom Box.

Posted Image

Proximity "Shock Bombs." Again I always thought this would make not only a good Duke weapon, but a great piece of pseudo future tech for the LAPD to use in riots. Based on Lo Wang's sticky bombs.

Posted Image

An edit of the Duke 3D RPG to make it look a bit like the RPG featured in the ill-fated "Duke Nukem Cataclysm." Which had a reload animation every 5 shots where fresh payload would be loaded into the top section.

None of these are done, of course, but if anyone sees anything they like or is even just inspired then please help yourselves. :D

Very nice stuff, Commando Nukem! I'd love to see these in a mod one day, with the pickup sprites to match...the Boom Box especially looks like it'd be right at home in the DN universe. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Slight edit of Commando Nukem's RPG sprite. Changed the perspective of the switch, and changed to the megaton edition widescreen extension. (Not sure if I like it more or less yet... may mix things up a little.)

EDIT 2: Posted Image

Think I might like this better.

This post has been edited by Striker: 11 December 2018 - 11:09 PM

I replaced all the glowing pixels in the COOLEXPLOSION1 frames with normal colors; i did this for KickAss Duke mod, but i'm sure it will be useful for everyone :)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 14 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nice. There are a few tiles in the game that need this, such the #3281 loading screen and some of the gore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spotted. Done. :)

// I also did a small polish on some pixels on loading screen

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 15 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

If it interests someone, I repaired two tiles of two monsters. This is the NW version.

Posted Image

1. The walking animation of the LIZTROOP was incomplete with its diagonal view.

2. A small editing for the Flying Frosty, for a more fluid death animation. The animation was buggy because there was oddly "a tile-hole"

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 01 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

User is offline   Besli 

A liite render:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Besli: 02 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Besli, on 02 February 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

A liite render:
Posted Image

Yay! Useful for a kind of poster display in a room

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Huh. Pig cops had cat eye pupils.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

MusicallyInspired, on 03 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Pig cops had cat eye pupils.

It's kind of visible at certain angles of the original sprites. Or at least, when I waifu2x'd the sprites for the first time the eyes came out definitely cat-like:
Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh yeah. Looks familiar now. Guess it just looks different in high res.

The Pigs of the Total Meltdown version, do not have the same eyes at all. It looks like they have cataracts or are blind.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Besli, on 02 February 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

A liite render:
Posted Image

This is absolutely in the wrong thread.

I have a question. Has anyone managed to recover the tiles of an unused enemy from the Caribbean? This is Captain Iguana and his weapon looks like a scepter. I know someone else has already talked about it in a thread.

User is offline   jet_nick 

Firefly_Trooper, on 02 May 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

I have a question. Has anyone managed to recover the tiles of an unused enemy from the Caribbean? This is Captain Iguana and his weapon looks like a scepter. I know someone else has already talked about it in a thread.

someone could make it use the lizard as a base

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The art has been lost as far as anyone knows. There's no evidence that more than one frame was ever produced, anyway. And it's weapon wasn't a scepter, but actually a pool scoop.

Thank.

That's a shame.
All that exists is an image posted on an archive wire of rare and unused sprites.

Some time ago I've cut out and resized these single frames of the Iguana captain from one of the images Firefly Trooper is surely talk about, they approximately have the same size of a Pigcop. I should have made the net of the pool scoop transparent but it's quite hard distinguish the space between the strings.

Attached Image: Iguana captain gun resized.png
Attached Image: Iguana captain catchnet resized.png

Yes that's right. Is it possible to download these images? I would find a utility for my mod.
Thank you

Firefly_Trooper, on 02 May 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Is it possible to download these images?

Those already are, like all in-post uploaded resources just click on them once and/or do right click then Save Imag With Name. If you refer to the original images they are here (three under spoiler).
The only other material I have it's the not resized Iguanas, in case that you prefer to give it a different dimension.
Attached Image: Iguana captain gun.png
Attached Image: Iguana captain catchnet.png

User is online   Phredreeke 

wouldn't adding the pool boy (?) iguana mean that they'd have to cut another enemy? IIRC that's why there are no enforcers in it.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

They used the Enforcers for the beach babe. Hard-coded enemies had smoother movement, so that's probably why.

This post has been edited by Fox: 02 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

Fantinaikos, on 02 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Those already are, like all in-post uploaded resources just click on them once and/or do right click then Save Imag With Name. If you refer to the original images they are here (three under spoiler).
The only other material I have it's the not resized Iguanas, in case that you prefer to give it a different dimension.
Iguana captain gun.png
Iguana captain catchnet.png

Yes, I agree with the non-resized images.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Fox, on 02 May 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

They used the Enforcers for the beach babe. Hard-coded enemies had smoother movement, so that's probably why.

I thought they used the Enforcers for the Inflatable Sea Monsters. 90% of The Alien Remains is playable in vanilla Duke, and the Enforcers show up in place of the Sea Monsters.

• Weaponized Autism

Fox, on 02 May 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

It was for v1.3D compatibility.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

enforcers were beach babes
spitting enforcers were seagulls
fat commanders were fat commanders with inflatable seahorses

• Weaponized Autism

The "beach babe", "beach walker", beach ball, seagull, and inflatable dragon all take tilenums from hardcoded v1.3D enemies. The Commander is just a reskin like most of the other enemies.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options