Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Chip 

Some time ago I used the Pig Cop with the riot shield for my own personal mod. However, I added lighting effects to it from the gun. I see that there's now a newer version of it with a helmet. I'll add my lighting effects to this new one and upload it, that is if the original creator doesn't mind... (not sure who it is).

But I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

User is offline   Chip 

In fact, here's the firing frames that predate the helmet. There's only 3 frames so it will be super easy to just clone the effects onto the new one, that is if people actually like the lighting effects...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Firing.png

I am the author of both, the helmet of the second version it's from sebabdukeboss20's riot cop. The base version it's even used in the AMC TC. You can update the lighting effect of either, this could also interest as aesthetic improvement to the next AMC release.

User is offline   Mike12 

Some things I messed around with - maybe they'll come in handy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mike12: 31 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Mike, do you think you could make an animation of Duke's hand raising the cigar from off-screen and putting it in his mouth? The animation would be reversible, too. This is something I would like to use for Alien Armageddon. The cigar would help make Duke's hud look different from Bombshell's.

User is offline   Mike12 

Got my hands full at the moment, I'm afraid. You might be able to work something out with some clever hand graphics use, though

This post has been edited by Mike12: 31 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Trooper Dan, on 31 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Mike, do you think you could make an animation of Duke's hand raising the cigar from off-screen and putting it in his mouth? The animation would be reversible, too. This is something I would like to use for Alien Armageddon. The cigar would help make Duke's hud look different from Bombshell's.

What makes you think Shelly doesn't smoke cigars?
Or is she more of a chew/snuff person?

This post has been edited by Forge: 31 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

I managed to add for the original game, the textures, the monsters and the sounds of the PSX and Caribbean version. Do you think they can be added here?

These are not variants created by me, but already existing content.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 29 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Forge 

leninjableu, on 29 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

I managed to add for the original game, the textures, the monsters and the sounds of the PSX and Caribbean version. Do you think they can be added here?

These are not variants created by me, but already existing content.

don't know about the psx version, but probably not the caribbean assets. Randy might run off and tell his mommy.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I thought the issue with Caribbean was they didn't own the rights for it?

How about NW assets? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 September 2018 - 04:17 AM, said:

I thought the issue with Caribbean was they didn't own the rights for it?

How about NW assets? :rolleyes:

https://forums.duke4...old-expansions/

Nobody cares about nw. people have been ripping the art from that and making mods for years. The status of that company is even more obscure, though the publisher was wizardsworks.
It's status quo to rip off the poorly perceived step-child commercial addon, even though it is just as "illegal" to pirate that abandon-ware, as well as the other two more popular ones.

nobody knows who owns the copyrights / publishing rights anymore. The games went out of print, the game companies ceased to exist. The catch is, if someone digs an old contract up from under a file cabinet in a random basement in New Jersey that says "X" has the rights to a percentage of royalties from sales, or publishing rights, then who ever is selling or distributing the "abandonware" can find themselves in some legal and financial difficulties. That random piece of paper is good for 95 years after the softwares were first published & printed.

This is the reasoning behind Randy having megaton pulled from steam.
His intention was to remove competition from his WT release.
But he screwed everyone because now, no one can publish the addons.

Megaton was on steam for a few years and nobody came forward with a C&D or claiming they were owed any royalties from sales. Nobody ever will. It was a bullshit move by a bullshit artist.

I only bring up not posting the caribbean assets because you might get the attention from some ass-clown at gearbox (they watch the content on this site) - I don't know the legal ramifications and responsibilities that would bring, but creating distractions in the middle of the production of ion maiden isn't a good game-plan. Maybe blowing it a bit out of proportion, but it's not really worth finding out. Chances are a mod was just nuke the post after they noticed it, or somebody complained, and that would be the end of it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 September 2018 - 06:52 AM

Given the general mess, I did well to ask the question. Personally, I care about NW.

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostForge, on 30 September 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

https://forums.duke4...old-expansions/

Nobody cares about nw. people have been ripping the art from that and making mods for years. The status of that company is even more obscure, though the publisher was wizardsworks.
It's status quo to rip off the poorly perceived step-child commercial addon, even though it is just as "illegal" to pirate that abandon-ware, as well as the other two more popular ones.

Didn't Atari owns the Wizardworks catalog now?
The only person who can tell anything about the legal status of NW is Joe Wilcox, the head of Sillysoft at the time. However, it took him (or Voidpoint) many years to dig up any info about the status of Deadly Kiss for SW, so yeah, it's not really worth it...

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 01 October 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

Didn't Atari owns the Wizardworks catalog now?

allegedly they own the publishing rights - but that branch of atari is also defunct and no longer operational (since 2004).

as far as I can tell:
Nobody seems to be able to find the original contracts between the copyright holder and the publisher. Nobody can say if there were any clauses, limitations, or royalty rights.

mere speculation:
if atari turned the lights on in their wizardworks holdings, knocked the dust off their library, and started digitally printing the addons, someone could still come out later and claim royalties due.
If were simply atari owning the publishing rights, Randy probably would have secured them by now, or at least blamed them so he doesn't bear any responsibility for his stupid business maneuverings.

Find Anthony Campiti, or who ever was running wizardworks at the time. Probably get less answers than people got from Joe Wilcox.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostForge, on 01 October 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

Find Anthony Campiti, or who ever was running wizardworks at the time. Probably get less answers than people got from Joe Wilcox.

Campiti owns Sunstorm, not Wizworks.

From what I find out, WizardWorks was runned by a man named Paul Rinde. He was mentioned as CEO and co-founder of WizardWorks in a number of periodicals. He left Wizworks/Atari in 2004 or so. In 2005, he was one of the founders of Destineer Corporation.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 01 October 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Campiti owns Sunstorm, not Wizworks.

too subtle?

Campiti might be able to answer questions about the contract between Sunstorm and wizardworks.

But the question really was - will anyone get in trouble for posting Duke Caribbean assets?

Is there a replacement for Duke's hand when he uses a keycard i.e. replaces it with Duke using a regular key by thrusting it and turning it?

This post has been edited by December Man: 01 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 October 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

But the question really was - will anyone get in trouble for posting Duke Caribbean assets?

the answer is - megaton was pulled from steam. Supposedly for distributing the addons that they didn't own the rights to.

Abondonware isn't 'legal' to distribute, but there's little chance anyone will get in trouble for it.
Afaik, everyone who purchased megaton still has it in their library, and no one has come forward to make a claim for royalties on the sales of megaton.

I can only suggest that this is not the place to distribute the material - doing so will most likely be frowned upon by the admin.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

Thank you for all those informations. I will not post anything here. I'll do a special topic on my project, or I'll be able to offer content.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It doesn't matter anyway, this thread isn't for ripped resources but rather original and/or semi-original edited works.

Of course!!! I understand and respect the subject.

I've made an Assault Captain edit of the DN64 Assault Trooper. (I find Duke 64 very fascinating, and I'd love to see more content around it)

Posted Image

https://files.fm/f/7yxuepte

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPhredreeke, on 17 October 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

I've made an Assault Captain edit of the DN64 Assault Trooper. (I find Duke 64 very fascinating, and I'd love to see more content around it)

Any plans for a green version?

I can make one if there's interest in it. :rolleyes:

Here's the trooper in eight different colors. :rolleyes: (blue is included, because I edited on the PC armor for consistency with the rest)

Posted Image

https://files.fm/f/3wr5ev47

Edit: I discovered a glitch in one frame, updated the link to the new version

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 19 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Edit of a Glock taken from the Black Bag Ops TC demo. Gave it green sights, tweaked some of the frames a bit, and put Duke's hands on it.

Posted Image

Shotgun with strap. This is more of a proof of concept than a finished sprite, but maybe somebody can make use of it. The strap is off the Shadow Warrior riot gun.

Posted Image

One more for the day. This is a laser rifle someone made up thread. I added Duke's hand and gave it a muzzle flash. Bits of the muzzle flash are from the LameDuke laser gun. This might make a good replacement for the often used DNF rail gun seen in mods like Alien Armageddon.

Attached is a sound effect I designed for another project, but I think it would be fitting of this gun if it were used as a sniper rifle or rail gun replacement.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 17 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Time for more of the Zero Hour resource round up. While the colours have been changed in some instances most of these are 100% palette conversions with no loss of colour information. Some of the tiles like the babe graffiti have been majorly cleaned up, others are higher resolution recreations like the "Meat-tastic" sign from Duke Burger. I'm still plugging away at these!

Posted Image - Posted Image

Credits for all these tiles are to Eurocom and myself.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Image Limit

Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jimmy 4k: 17 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yo dawg, I heard you liked babes.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 4k: 17 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options