Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D HD - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem 3D HD  "HD remake of the original sprites."

User is offline   alandog 

hey sebab, why don't you try to give a lift on the babe's textures of the models from hrp? some of them need serious work, you could improve them a little.
it would be gratly appreciate, especially because great part of us use the model instead of the bitmaps...

View Postalandog, on 17 July 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

hey sebab, why don't you try to give a lift on the babe's textures of the models from hrp? some of them need serious work, you could improve them a little.
it would be gratly appreciate, especially because great part of us use the model instead of the bitmaps...

I think the models themselves (particularly the slime babes) need work first. They just attempt to mimick the original sprites without actually becoming them. I'm not a good 3d modeler so I can't really help there. Believe me, if I could do 3d modeling well, I would definitely try to make the babes in 3d. But all I know I'm good at is drawing.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 17 July 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

I think the models themselves (particularly the slime babes) need work first. They just attempt to mimick the original sprites without actually becoming them. I'm not a good 3d modeler so I can't really help there. Believe me, if I could do 3d modeling well, I would definitely try to make the babes in 3d. But all I know I'm good at is drawing.

so, if we lift the actual models, or maybe we redo them, you could help retexturing?

User is offline   frombrasil 

the main problem of the 3d models is the lack of proper gore animations, like i said here
http://forums.duke4....vered-in-blood/

example:
Posted Image

when killing the 3d model of the alien, take a look at this pic above and you will get disappointed....

View Postfrombrasil, on 22 July 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

when killing the 3d model of the alien, take a look at this pic above and you will get disappointed....

it's hard do make jibs and gore in a polygonal fashion; but I'm not disappointed by the models created, they are generally well done...

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I found another artist and he's going to attempt to draw the Octabrain sprites.

Attached Image: Brain.jpg

He didn't have the original sprites when he drew that. That's why it's not the same, but still good!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I've cruised through this thread and am getting the basic idea here. The Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Reload project was doing the same thing and it got cancelled. They already had a few redone sprites like weapons and babes, so you could get some sprites from there as long as you credit the original artists.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

View PostSpirrwell, on 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

I've cruised through this thread and am getting the basic idea here. The Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Reload project was doing the same thing and it got cancelled. They already had a few redone sprites like weapons and babes, so you could get some sprites from there as long as you credit the original artists.

Yeah, I was going to be helping with that mod. I still have an early build of it, but it's not really what I'm aiming for with this mod. I aim to keep everything looking like the original sprites. Atomic Reload wasn't doing that. The pistol was replaced with a desert eagle, enemies and babes were different. It was all differenent. I liked it, though.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 19 August 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

Yeah, I was going to be helping with that mod. I still have an early build of it, but it's not really what I'm aiming for with this mod. I aim to keep everything looking like the original sprites. Atomic Reload wasn't doing that. The pistol was replaced with a desert eagle, enemies and babes were different. It was all differenent. I liked it, though.

True, but you still may be able to rip the... ripper sprites, looked just like the classic pretty much.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostSpirrwell, on 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

True, but you still may be able to rip the... ripper sprites, looked just like the classic pretty much.

Thanks for the compliment. but that wont be happening. Atomic Reload is NOT Cancelled. Progress just isn't being posted. We have learned from past mistakes by us and others (Duke 3D reloaded) Dont post unless you got something to show. I learned that the hard way. Dave i was doing some of this in my spare time. Babes are real people though :/ Dont know if any of those could be of help to you. Message me on Facebook and let me know.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on 13 September 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the compliment. but that wont be happening. Atomic Reload is NOT Cancelled. Progress just isn't being posted. We have learned from past mistakes by us and others (Duke 3D reloaded) Dont post unless you got something to show. I learned that the hard way. Dave i was doing some of this in my spare time. Babes are real people though :/ Dont know if any of those could be of help to you. Message me on Facebook and let me know.

Good to see you and that your project is still being worked on.

User is offline   Zaero 

sebabdukeboss20 the girls look perfect! I hope the remakes of all other sprites will look just as well - great job!

View PostZaero, on 21 September 2011 - 11:29 AM, said:

sebabdukeboss20 the girls look perfect! I hope the remakes of all other sprites will look just as well - great job!

Thanks! BTW, I've been transitioning to a new comp and damn viruses have been screwing with me. I hope to start working on them again soon.

It's been a while, but this project is still alive. I've changed my mind about having the sprites drawn by hand. Way too much work. Why do that when Photoshop can do it for you.

Attached Image: Duke3DHDPistol.jpg

This probably couldn't be considered HD, but that's what I'm calling it for now until I come up with a better name.

Also, I will still accept sebab's babes if he still wants to contribute.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The art style looks like it's been painted with a brush, maybe the name should involve that somehow? And is there any way to smooth out the jagged edges of the sprite? That would definitely help make it look more 'HD'.

View PostMicky C, on 09 December 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

And is there any way to smooth out the jagged edges of the sprite? That would definitely help make it look more 'HD'.

I could go in manually and do it, but meh. I'd probably make it look worse. It's not that noticeable in-game.

User is offline   Rebecca 

i'd be willing to help out with this HD sprite mod . any kind of support you guys need?

User is offline   iamaloner 

I read most of things and responds/replyies and here is my opinion...

If you want to make a sprites remake in HD I would reccomend to make 3D models with textures and taking snapshots of models...
While in HRP you have 3D models and that but because of some things it make it look kinda dull as some things are pointed like sudden change of direction, for some bad animation, less details in some situations... etc...

So I can only reccomend to make high detailed 3D models and make snapshots of them because for now it looks kinda too cartoonish and anime and that should be Shadow Warrior HD and not Duke Nukem 3D HD... But current look of HD sprites makes this game kinda less serious then original sprites, more dull and destroys duke nukem felling :/

I dont know if it is possible to make more frames for animations rather then 2 or 3 frames animation like moving forward and that... If 6 frames per animation like shooting and walking would be nice and it would look more real and sometimes anoying and eye hurting sometimes.

Well I dont want to say that you must have realistic graphics, well you just should keep the duke nukem graphical felling and not make it into anime/manga flash...

Anyway this mod is for making HD sprites for DN3D? Is that possible without HRP?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Eduke32's ability to render hi res textures and models has nothing to do with the HRP. Any one can add any texture or model in whatever fashion they want.

Check out Imagination World v2 by James Stanfield as an extremely fun TC with hi res textures and models as an example.

Shameless advertising:

http://www.moddb.com...ld-tc/downloads

And I thought this project was abandoned because it was ultimately too hard to draw every frame of the enemies by hand?

User is offline   thatguy 

I really like this idea. If properly done, its idea and execution would be similiar to an HD release of many classics for the XBL or PSN. I was thinking of having a jab at this, but I don't know if I have time yet, especially since I have my other Duke project to work on. Although I wouldn't mind taking a go at some sprites or a proper photo shopped concept of the artistic direction.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Hows progress on this cause I really wanna try it?

Progress is slow right now, as NUKEMDAVE has told me. I think the whole project needs alot more support. And it's a shame things are slow as of now, because as great as the 3D models have been done in the HRP, they just don't have nothing against the classic sprites.

I'd go for seeing redone HD sprites over 3D models any day, any other retro Duke 3D fans with me? I'm willing to help in any way I can but since I have no skills with sprites, unless somebody can teach me the art, I won't be able to help in that sector. What we need is users who are much more skilled in that area to lend a hand

This post has been edited by Rebecca: 19 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 18 February 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I was thinking of having a jab at this, but I don't know if I have time yet, especially since I have my other Duke project to work on. Although I wouldn't mind taking a go at some sprites or a proper photo shopped concept of the artistic direction.

Feel free to. I tried running alot of the sprites through that Photoshop filter. It does make them look slightly better, but there's no real increase in detail, of course.

View PostWesker500, on 19 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Hows progress on this cause I really wanna try it?

Dead stop. Unless Sebab posts more or I get help. I'm no artist unfortunately. I wish we had the original 3D models of the aliens. They'll probably never be released.

needs support from Professional Sprite Artists , anybody with sprite talent and interest in the project should get in touch with NUKEMDAVE .

Peace!

View PostRebecca, on 19 February 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

needs support from Professional Sprite Artists , anybody with sprite talent and interest in the project should get in touch with NUKEMDAVE .

Peace!

Well I would love to know how to extract the sprites alone and then be able to use them in game cause I could make my own Sprites with the Duke Nukem Forever models.

View PostWesker500, on 19 February 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well I would love to know how to extract the sprites alone and then be able to use them in game cause I could make my own Sprites with the Duke Nukem Forever models.

Dukeres.

http://wg.duke4.net/textures.html

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 19 February 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

ok good Thanks but if I extracted them, edited them (i.e put a different sprite in cause I have a way of posing the DNF models and maybe making them sprites) how do I get the sprites in game with Eduke?

View PostWesker500, on 19 February 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

ok good Thanks but if I extracted them, edited them (i.e put a different sprite in cause I have a way of posing the DNF models and maybe making them sprites) how do I get the sprites in game with Eduke?

First, they'll have to be in .png format. Senondly, you'll have to learn to code them in. It's not that complicated, but I think what will be complicated is trying to use DNF stuff. I tried to put the DNF chaingun in there. It's a pain in the ass to get it all aligned.

User is offline   Mia Max 

View PostRebecca, on 19 February 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Peace!

I am very interested in this project, but I have no experince in making sprites.
But I'll give it a try.
I want this project see finished, so I will try to help :lol:
But don't expect anything.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 19 February 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

First, they'll have to be in .png format. Senondly, you'll have to learn to code them in. It's not that complicated, but I think what will be complicated is trying to use DNF stuff. I tried to put the DNF chaingun in there. It's a pain in the ass to get it all aligned.

.png format is piece of cake for me since I have Photoshop, all I need to know is how to code it in. I guess I could get some DNF stuff in there if you could :lol:

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options