Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Dzierzan 

As I wrote on Discord server, this model is good enough. My main complaint is that you literally voxelized angled sprite with some perspective parts. It might look a bit odd from specific angles, but in the long run, it's good enough.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The guy looks a bit squished. But well, maybe that's how he died, right? We were never able to tell with the sprite, now this mystery has finally been solved!

@NightFright
According to the github, the latest voxel by brullov hasn't been added. Why?

• The Truth is in here

Nobody made a pull request for it. Also I was under the impression it wasn't final yet.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 November 2022 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

It is finished, I have no ideas how to improve it unless you want to remake it.

I didn't know how to pull a request, so I attached the kvx file.

• The Truth is in here

I will try to integrate it tomorrow, but these days I have little time besides work.

• The Truth is in here

Monk (#1352) added. Please remember to always provide definitions with your voxels, especially if you are not committing them directly on Github.

• The Truth is in here

Btw, I am still trying to have some sort of autoload in EDuke32/Rednukem for the addons. I had read somewhere you could use duke3d_1.def (DukeDC), duke3d_2.def (NWinter) or duke3d_3.def (Caribbean) to load addon-specific defs, but it appears EDuke32 is ignoring this.

Did I misunderstand something there? IIRC Megaton was using that system and I thought EDuke32 had adopted it in the meantime. Alternatively, I could imagine having specific autoload folders like in Raze (e.g. autoload.nwinter, autoload.vacation, autoload.dukedc), but I dunno if that requires undesired hardcoding.

0972:

Posted Image

0973:

Posted Image

0971:

Posted Image

2254:

Posted Image

User is offline   0815Jack 

thx for the latest additions :)

• The Truth is in here

Github has been updated with latest additions.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 November 2023 - 03:37 PM

0632, probably pipe's end.

Posted Image

Hmm... has anyone here had a problem with having Vaca voxels when loading basic Duke? This guy in the comments section has such issue.

https://www.moddb.co...20-rc2/#8706798

• The Truth is in here

Normally that shouldn't happen. Vacation voxels currently only load if you uncomment the proper line in the def file. As can be seen here: https://github.com/N...ke3d_voxels.def

He must be including vacation.def somehow, otherwise this wouldn't happen. Addon content is clearly separated from the rest. It doesn't load by itself.

While we are at it: Since EDuke32 still doesn't have any sort of lump filtering like e.g. GZDoom, maybe it'd be better for the average user to isolate Vacation voxels into a separate pack which you would only load on top of the regular pack on demand. Or: A mini addon which only has the def file inside that loads Vacation stuff as well and tell users to load that after the VP. Then at least nobody would have to edit anything.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I had a system set up to load specific def based on the addon using grpinfo files. I shared it with Dzierzan and from my recollection he used it for the Duke HQ sound pack

• The Truth is in here

I guess it would be something. We should try to keep usage as easy as possible, so if a single-file solution can be maintained, it'd be prefferable. Raze can also load different defs based on grp file. Also a solution, but would have to be provided by the port.

• The Truth is in here

I just realized we are still missing two pickups: The Incinerator and its ammo from World Tour (#5134, #5135-5137).

All sprites are heavily based on the Freezer counterparts. Mostly identical, just with a red palette (weapon has that heat meter attached to it which the Freezer doesn't):
Posted Image

Does anyone feel up to the task of creating these?

A nice bonus would also be health item voxels (#51-53) with WT skins (the infamous pill symbol), just for completionist purposes.
Posted Image

[Side note: A test run with placeholders consisting of Freezer voxel copies revealed that the Incinerator ammo is flickering when using the rotation script, as if there was one frame undefined. However, I made sure that wasn't the case:

voxel "voxels/pickups/0024_freezer.kvx" { tile 5134 }

animtilerange 5135 5137 2 2
voxel "voxels/pickups/0037_freezerammo1.kvx" { tile 5135 }
voxel "voxels/pickups/0038_freezerammo2.kvx" { tile 5136 }
voxel "voxels/pickups/0039_freezerammo3.kvx" { tile 5137 }

Maybe this needs to be investigated once we have proper voxels to try it with.]

Better this one by fgsfds:

Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostNukeDukem89, on 21 March 2024 - 04:38 PM, said:

Better this one by fgsfds:

Posted Image

fgsfds has made resprites for 20th Anniv stuff? I did not know this existed.

Edit: Corrected century to anniv. Look I'm tired ok.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 22 March 2024 - 12:58 AM

View Postjkas789, on 21 March 2024 - 11:08 PM, said:

fgsfds has made resprites for 20th century stuff? I did not know this existed.

Got it from HERE

In fact, there is already voxel models for the Incinerator and ammo, THIS MOD has them, problem is the Incinerator pickup voxel is very basic and based on the original sprite. Ammo is pretty fine though.

This post has been edited by NukeDukem89: 21 March 2024 - 11:32 PM

• The Truth is in here

That's a great find! Thanks!
I've added those voxels to the pack on Github now. MarioJCH has been credited for the weapon, Fox for the ammo (hope that's accurate).

In other news:
I have requested to add the ifcrc flag from tilefromtexture to voxel definitions. Voxels from addons could then be loaded automatically, without having to edit definitions any more. Once that feature is available, it's time for another release candidate, I guess. Might as well be the final one.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options