Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • 81
  • 82
  • 83
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Dzierzan 

#2461

@Aleks I see, thanks.

BTW I've got a mistery to solve, what the heck is that? Tile 1225:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311884728317771777/953643296599720006/1225_8x.png

I tried to voxelize that, but I can't tell which shape is more correct:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311884728317771777/953643352853716992/unknown.png

I am also not sure if that thing is rotated 45 degrees towards right or it's really facing right.

EDIT:

Alright, mistery solved, it's stripper's destroyed bar. Apparently it was indended to be left if you kill her but it was must have been scrapped.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311884728317771777/953652666679046164/unknown.png

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 16 March 2022 - 06:01 AM

5

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#2462

I think a lot of things you would expect to be sprites are instead maskwalls in the original maps because it would mean less sprites would need to be rendered, and probably helped with frame rate at some point in development.
0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

#2463

Not sure about the rotation speed, but I believe it's not adjustable via DEF script so my hands are tied if that's the case.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311884728317771777/977715003689943040/mine.gif
8

User is offline   jkas789 

#2464

View PostDzierzan, on 16 March 2022 - 05:23 AM, said:

@Aleks I see, thanks.

BTW I've got a mistery to solve, what the heck is that? Tile 1225:



It looks like a mic stand?
0

User is offline   brullov 

  • Senior Artist at TGK

#2465

View Postjkas789, on 22 May 2022 - 12:11 AM, said:

It looks like a mic stand?


It looks like a showerhead for me.
0

User is online   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#2466

View PostDzierzan, on 21 May 2022 - 03:32 PM, said:

Not sure about the rotation speed, but I believe it's not adjustable via DEF script so my hands are tied if that's the case.


You might be able to override the animation speed in the art file with the DEF animtilerange command.
0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

#2467

No, you mean the animation of sprites in art files. In my example, all mine sprites are replaced with exactly the same voxel as it would be counterproductive to make voxel for each sprite. Besides, I did try that out of my curiosity and it did not do anything.

@brullov
@jkas789

I already explained it's stripper's bar but destroyed.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 22 May 2022 - 01:53 AM

0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#2468

View PostDanukem, on 22 May 2022 - 01:39 AM, said:

You might be able to override the animation speed in the art file with the DEF animtilerange command.

I actually used it twice in the pack, for the Freezer ammo and HoloDuke. However, it may not work here since it's basically one voxel that always looks the same in every frame, and it's not about animation interpolation, but rotation. You would have to create voxels with modified angles for each frame, then you could probably mess around with it more.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 May 2022 - 02:20 AM

0

User is offline   brullov 

  • Senior Artist at TGK

#2469

View PostDzierzan, on 22 May 2022 - 01:52 AM, said:

No, you mean the animation of sprites in art files. In my example, all mine sprites are replaced with exactly the same voxel as it would be counterproductive to make voxel for each sprite. Besides, I did try that out of my curiosity and it did not do anything.

@brullov
@jkas789

I already explained it's stripper's bar but destroyed.


I know, it's just fun to share ideas for unidentified pixel object https://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
0

User is offline   LeoD 

  • Duke4.net topic/3513

#2470

https://forums.duke4.net/public/style_images/cgs/snapback.png' alt='View Post' />brullov, on 22 May 2022 - 02:37 AM, said:

I know, it's just fun to share ideas for unidentified pixel object
Well, in this case it actually is identified, by "#define BARBROKE 1225" in names.h. :dukejk:
Though used by mappers as tap, faucet, meat hook, etc, instead.
0

User is offline   brullov 

  • Senior Artist at TGK

#2471

View PostLeoD, on 22 May 2022 - 03:07 AM, said:

Well, in this case it actually is identified, by "#define BARBROKE 1225" in names.h. :dukejk:
Though used by mappers as tap, faucet, meat hook, etc, instead.


I mean "unidentified" by its look, there are many sprites in Duke which can be interpreted in different ways. And for mappers it is great!
0

User is offline   jkas789 

#2472

View PostDzierzan, on 22 May 2022 - 01:52 AM, said:

@brullov
@jkas789

I already explained it's stripper's bar but destroyed.


Huh, I wouldn't have thought it was unless you pointed it out but now I can see it.
0

User is offline   jkas789 

#2473

View PostDzierzan, on 22 May 2022 - 01:52 AM, said:

@brullov
@jkas789

I already explained it's stripper's bar but destroyed.


Huh, I wouldn't have thought it was unless you pointed it out but now I can see it.
0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#2474

The underwater mine is now mining on Github.
0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

#2475

Posted Image
6

User is offline   sofakng 

#2476

Hey guys, I just discovered this mod and it's fantastic!

Are voxels made for everything in the game (start to finish) or is this still being completed?
0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#2477

I guess we are still not finished, but considering the original goal was to just get the pickups done, we've come quite far.

If you came here hoping for a 100% pack like the one Chillo released for Doom recently, I'm afraid this isn't it (without the intent to speak ill about the incredible work provided by the numerous artists involved in this humble project, ofc). Even though it seems voxel enemies ARE possible after all, it would probably take Chillo himself to pull that off over here as well (considering the required effort). Unless a small miracle happens, that is.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 August 2022 - 01:03 PM

0

User is offline   FakeOff 

#2478

Is there a list of items that don't have voxels yet? I'd like to help if there's any help needed
0

User is offline   Jmoc 

#2479

View PostNightFright, on 23 August 2022 - 01:02 PM, said:

I guess we are still not finished, but considering the original goal was to just get the pickups done, we've come quite far.

If you came here hoping for a 100% pack like the one Chillo released for Doom recently, I'm afraid this isn't it (without the intent to speak ill about the incredible work provided by the numerous artists involved in this humble project, ofc). Even though it seems voxel enemies ARE possible after all, it would probably take Chillo himself to pull that off over here as well (considering the required effort). Unless a small miracle happens, that is.


Voxelized monsters in Duke are a real challenge for just one reason: they miss vertical tilt poses. Doom have way less verticality in the design of its levels and therefore does not suffer from this limitation. Sprites are coded to always face the player.
0

User is offline   brullov 

  • Senior Artist at TGK

#2480

View PostJmoc, on 29 August 2022 - 05:01 AM, said:

Voxelized monsters in Duke are a real challenge for just one reason: they miss vertical tilt poses. Doom have way less verticality in the design of its levels and therefore does not suffer from this limitation. Sprites are coded to always face the player.


Duke's sprites are also bigger in size, so it will take a lot more time to produce.
0

User is offline   juvenite 

#2481

(off-topic but) Happy birthday brullov, btw!
1

User is offline   Dzierzan 

#2482

 FakeOff, on 29 August 2022 - 04:51 AM, said:

Is there a list of items that don't have voxels yet? I'd like to help if there's any help needed


There's no real list. Just see what's done and what's not. Borion is supposed to make 686 (camera) and 516 (sattelite dish), so I wouldn't touch them.

If your art is good, then I see no problem adding more voxels.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 31 August 2022 - 09:59 AM

0

Share this topic:


  • 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • 81
  • 82
  • 83
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options