• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostGambini, on Mar 6 2011, 12:19 PM, said:

-The shells box is a little bit bigger than it should be.
-The #164 switch has to be wider, and the led color seems to be the wrong one because it doesnt stand out at distance (you know that red color the pigcops eyes use, which doesnt fade off with shading nor vis)
-The #130 lock (and problably the other one too) has to be wider.

I'll re-size the shell box, and look in to making the switches wider. As for the color of #164 switch from a distance there is nothing i can do about that, thats just how duke 3d renders voxels at a distance.

User is offline   Scott_AW 

That could either be from the LOD built into KVXs, it goes half, and then quarter detail depending on distance. That and you may be using normal colors instead of Hi-bright colors for the lights.

User is offline   Gambini 

^ which could be disabled for what i care. Who needs lod voxels nowadays? More when they´re fairly noticeable.

Its only for 8bit mode, I don't think you can turn it off. In 32bit mode since they're converted to models it doesn't apply anymore.

What would be nice is to have a independent con file to turn shadows on for some of the voxilized objects.

Its would just need to be...

spriteshadow COLA

and so on, nothing game changing. In 8bit the shadows would be black though, in 32bit they are transparent.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostScott_AW, on Mar 6 2011, 01:49 PM, said:

What would be nice is to have a independent con file to turn shadows on for some of the voxilized objects.

They're called def files. :P

Its all text to me.

The voxel LODs can be disabled by "r_novoxmips 1" console command. However, voxel LOD (mip) selection clearly works wrong; my guess is that their mipmaps are always selected for 320x200 resolution regardless of current screen resolution, resulting in unwanted mip bias as the resolution is increased. I think this bug must be reported, since now I'm forced to turn the voxel mips off.

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 6 2011, 08:20 PM, said:

But since switches are almost always wall-aligned, wouldn't it be better to just make the voxel wider?

Pixel art can't be freely scaled without distortion. If you take a 32x32 pic and try to make 38x32 one out of it, you get 6 extra columns to distribute between existing ones and fill up with something. Of course, simple image resizing will lead to an ugly result in this instance.

I've made some more switches and fixed some of the previous ones. Also as requested i started working on the palm trees.

Expect a big update soon. ;)

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 29 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

:dukegoof:

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 09 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

I like :dukegoof:

User is offline   Gambini 

I also like it, very much. But i can´t stop thinking of all the relative to wall sprites (like that one) being too narrow and making spritework around it (in usermaps) look wrong.

I´d love to see the bottles and all the other kitchen stuff voxeled :dukegoof:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Very good. You'd almost think these could have shipped with the game.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 10 April 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

Very good. You'd almost think these could have shipped with the game.

Thats what i like to hear. :dukegoof:

These are awesome, your a oneman-army.

User is offline   SwissCm 

I'd try my hand at it if there were a single decent voxel editor available. Is there one yet?

View PostSwissCm, on 12 April 2011 - 05:18 AM, said:

I'd try my hand at it if there were a single decent voxel editor available. Is there one yet?

Sorry there aren't really any good voxel editors out there. I myself am still using strip to voxel and slab 6.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Have you guys seen this?
I don't know if it is any good for what you want to do, but I saw it and thought of you. The guy charges for it, but it's only 20 bucks.

View PostTea Monster, on 13 April 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

Have you guys seen this?
I don't know if it is any good for what you want to do, but I saw it and thought of you. The guy charges for it, but it's only 20 bucks.

Looks interesting, i'll look into it. :dukegoof:

Been a while since i gave an update, so heres a little tease for you guys...

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 09 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostReaperMan, on 14 June 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

Been a while since i gave an update, so heres a little tease for you guys...

I thought you forgot about that! :dukecry:

View PostHendricks266, on 14 June 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

I thought you forgot about that! :dukecry:

lol, no i was just holding on to it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh man, didn't know you were treading into these territories yet. :D

User is offline   Mack 

I'm going to get shot for this, but, I have to say it; finally, a 'HRP', I can get behind.

Great work.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 14 June 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

Oh man, didn't know you were treading into these territories yet. :D

I've done i few different things, here is a chainsaw i made for the doom voxel project...

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 09 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   Hank 

.. and more greens to the Reaperman.
I think anyone working with voxels should have 100+ account by default! Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That's awesome. I really need to learn how to do this shit.

I can't seem to figure out how to load this pack on a regular clean install of eDuke32.

eduke32.exe /gduke3d_voxel.zip /gmaphacks.zip

That is all I have for my command line, but the voxels don't show up in game. The instructions don't really say what to do with the voxel zip file. :D

View PostSHODANFreeman, on 16 June 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

I can't seem to figure out how to load this pack on a regular clean install of eDuke32.

eduke32.exe /gduke3d_voxel.zip /gmaphacks.zip

That is all I have for my command line, but the voxels don't show up in game. The instructions don't really say what to do with the voxel zip file. :D

Take the download, which it should be called autoload already when you download it (don't unzip it), stick it in with all the other Duke3D files and then just click "enable autoload folder" in the eduke32 launch window, then your good to go.

View PostReaperMan, on 16 June 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

Take the download, which it should be called autoload already when you download it (don't unzip it), stick it in with all the other Duke3D files and then just click "enable autoload folder" in the eduke32 launch window, then your good to go.

I tried that. Still no luck. :D

Should be like this for the autoload folder...

C:/duke3d/autoload/duke3d_voxel(zipped)

autoload folder isn't zipped, everything in the autoload folder is zipped.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options