Duke4.net Forums: Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roland SC-55 Music Packs  "Updates 'n stuff"

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

It's a strange choice for sure. But then, so is composing MIDI's primarily for OPL while supporting wavetable GM as an afterthought. Either way, I think it would benefit from some proper seamless looping.

Also, sorry. I meant to say:

"I may try to get away with just posting boosted tracks for Heretic and seeing what the response will be like."

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! Heretic SC-55 Music Pack in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags (12/12/18)
Duke3D, Doom, Heretic, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

So I encountered a strong interest in having the authentic unmolested MIDIs as a music pack, which I was half-expecting. I can appreciate this request and in the interest of unbridled authenticity...

I hereby present the Heretic SC-55 Music Pack at last. Please let me know if you encounter any errors or problems! Enjoy!

I will still be creating an enhanced pack with the changes I mentioned earlier but that will come after Hexen is finished.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! Heretic SC-55 Music Pack in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags (12/12/18)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 December 2018 - 10:46 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Awesome work MI, I've really enjoyed all these packs. I listened to the Doom (Boosted) one recently in the car and it sounded very nice indeed. B)

Also, it looks like you replied to Daedolon about having a lossless version of RotT and intending to redo it. I'm guessing this is still on the list?

Anyway, looking forward to your enhanced Heretic and Hexen packs!

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

This post has been edited by Malgon: 21 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying them. Yeah, ROTT is on the ol' list. I just want to finish up Heretic and Hexen at least before I go back to rerecord the older ones. I'm not sure how to handle them, though, because the source ports either don't support music packs or definitely don't support metadata loop tags. I actually would like to get a hold of the guy who did the DXX-Rebirth source port for Descent who first asked me to record music packs and get him (or somebody) to implement metadata loop tags so I can rerecord that one too.

There's also the fanmade Plutonia MIDI pack and James' Duke it out in DC MIDI pack....then Strafe, Powerslave, WW2GI, etc, the Duke beta MIDIs (the ones that are available anyway).....still a ways to go before I've got a complete collection. I've got a quite a backlog.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

User is offline   Malgon 

No worries, all in due time of course!

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

User is online   Master O 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 December 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying them. Yeah, ROTT is on the ol' list. I just want to finish up Heretic and Hexen at least before I go back to rerecord the older ones. I'm not sure how to handle them, though, because the source ports either don't support music packs or definitely don't support metadata loop tags. I actually would like to get a hold of the guy who did the DXX-Rebirth source port for Descent who first asked me to record music packs and get him (or somebody) to implement metadata loop tags so I can rerecord that one too.

There's also the fanmade Plutonia MIDI pack and James' Duke it out in DC MIDI pack....then Strafe, Powerslave, WW2GI, etc, the Duke beta MIDIs (the ones that are available anyway).....still a ways to go before I've got a complete collection. I've got a quite a backlog.

In light of the new source port Nblood for Blood (which uses Eduke32 as its base), will you make a new music pack for that game, too? The current Blood music pack on your site has abrupt track endings for non-seamless looping.

Everything that currently has abrupt endings will eventually get a rerecording.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

User is online   High Treason 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 December 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

One problem is the polyphony issues still exist and will still be a problem. I'm getting around this by recording select tracks separately at a time and bouncing them all together digitally after as a single track so the SC-55 doesn't have to work as hard.

Oh, the pain. In 80s synth land this is the only way to get things done.
...I'm still toying with the idea of a CZ-1 music pack. No DX7 shit though.

Not sure why I wrote this, I was bored, but yeah, when it starts to become tedious just remember that some of us have to do things one channel at a time, all the time, every time, with only eight or in some cases four notes to go around.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My Website - My FTP - Forum

You have got to let the rhythm move you, move you. You have got to let the rhythm move your body to the beat.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options