Duke4.net Forums: Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roland SC-55 Music Packs  "Updates 'n stuff"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Neat then. Actually a pity they didn't do a full MIDI soundtrack for the retail version.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

Yeah there's way too many levels for Redbook Audio.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I just noticed that the Babe Land track cf.ogg is labelled as Calypso Factor in my Winamp playlist although I'm pretty certain that the correct title is Calypso Facto, a pun on the Latin phrase ipso facto and the name of the Greek nymph Calypso from The Odyssey.

I just checked the original MIDI and indeed the title is Calypso Facto:
Attached Image: ipso_facto.png

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That must be the fault of my TagDukeNukem3DMusic.bat. Sorry about that. I should update it anyway to add tags for the Caribbean music.

User is offline   Yarn366 

I found some errors with the Heretic pack:
  • mus_e1m2, mus_e2m2: These songs produce an audible click upon looping because of the (somewhat) poor placement of the loop points.
  • mus_e2m4: The loop points are placed in a manner that causes the first measure to be skipped upon looping. (Since the audio fades out completely before the song actually loops, you could remove the loop points and simply end the song where you currently have the LOOP_END point.)

In addition, a number of Heretic songs have an additional empty measure at the end, many of which the recordings in your pack omit:
  • mus_e1m3: Original version has additional empty measure (~1.75s) before loop (and by loop, I of course mean where the song actually loops, not where you placed the loop points)
  • mus_e1m6: Original version has additional empty measure (~2s) before loop
  • mus_e2m3: Original version has additional empty beat (~0.32s) before loop
  • mus_e2m6: Original version has additional empty measure (~1.6s) before loop
  • mus_e2m7: Original version has additional empty measure (~2s) before loop
  • mus_e2m8: Original version has additional empty measure (~2s) before loop
  • mus_e3m3: Original version has additional empty measure (~2s) before loop

If you want to verify these yourself, play these songs in the actual game, preferably in the original (DOS) version; don't trust MUS-to-MIDI conversions, which may not preserve empty measures at the end.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options