Duke4.net Forums: Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roland SC-55 Music Packs  "Updates 'n stuff"

User is offline   NeuralStunner 

Your page is by far my favorite spot on Duke4. Definitely looking forward to the Heretic, Hexen, and unofficial Plutonia packs! (No pressure of course. No, seriously.)

Question: Do you have an SC-55 recording of Lee's full version of Grabbag? That would be pretty sweet.

Comment: By downloading the OGG versions and changing the extension to ".logg", they can be played as seamless loops by hcs64/kode64's vgmstream plugin (Winamp, foobar200). I can listen to the definitive version of Stalker for literal hours. :)

Al Capone said:

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

Thanks! I can make one, but I think someone else already did. I could do it with seamless looping, though. I'll add it to my list.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

User is offline   SpooferJahk 

Been a lurker of your content for a while MusicallyInspired and I have to say your efforts are amazing. They actually inspired me to eventually get one of those units but even then, your packs are great and I use them for the lappy when I can not lug the unit around. Thanks again for the preservation/sharing efforts of your music packs.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying them. :)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

MusicallyInspired made me appreciate MIDIs even more, also wanted to get one of these and SC-88Pro too for my old computer, right after upgrading my current old GPU on my main computer. By the way, one year ago they released SOUND Canvas VA for Windows and Mac, no idea if it's as good as actual hardware. That was a big surprise anyway considering Roland preferred to stay away from PCs.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 26 December 2016 - 03:01 AM

If I do it won't work with the game.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

Yeah, I know, just wanted it for personal use. Though the day might come when it would be useful if NDS release source code or if the music will be shitty in the upcoming reboot. I do listen to your sound packs quite often, especially Duke OST.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

https://twitter.com/...805379117494272

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHendricks266, on 26 December 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Oh, so that's where Shodan is from. Never played System Shock, but all I ever hear is how great it is.

Is it really that great a game? Glad to see another company coming to its senses and making a classic open source. That means soon there will be no more need to play it in DOS.

This post has been edited by Master O: 22 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options