Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Eternity - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Eternity  "Final Release 15.5.2011"

User is offline   Stabs 

That is so fucking awesome, cheers for fixing that one, makes me wanna map again

atmosphere ahoy lads!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNorvak, on 14 August 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

My intention wasn't to make you feel that way sorry for that : /

But my point was that sometimes when one is mapping and some effect doesn't work as is intented I don't feel like bother developers with annoying requests, so this time with the fog for example it surprises me how quickly this issue was fixed, and this is a good thing of course but someone as a simple mapper or a gamer doesn't know how hard or easy is to code things. And as you said is preferable to wait for some things instead of have any new feature at all.

Yes the real lesson here is to keep nagging the coders (whether it's my CON code or Plagman's source code, or whatever) until something gets fixed. It might be annoying, but if you keep reminding them they are more likely to fix it. If they stop hearing about something for a while, they may assume that it is no longer a problem.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Really? Sometimes I feel like I may be annoying them and after a while it can be assumed that it's still the case with something until I say it's fixed although I do like to every once in a while remind that a certain problem is still an issue. Like a certain problem I'm having with eDuke32 that persists even to today which I think I'm due to make a reminder about. :)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTetsuo, on 14 August 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Really? Sometimes I feel like I may be annoying them and after a while it can be assumed that it's still the case with something until I say it's fixed although I do like to every once in a while remind that a certain problem is still an issue. Like a certain problem I'm having with eDuke32 that persists even to today which I think I'm due to make a reminder about. :)

Ever heard the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? It's true. Other things being equal, the more people complain about a bug, the more important it seems. On the other hand, if developers stop hearing about a certain bug, they may forget about it entirely, or assume that people found a workaround, or that it got fixed somehow (perhaps as a side effect of some update) or conclude that the bug rarely manifests which is why people stopped complaining.

User is offline   djdori11 

View PostDanM, on 14 August 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

That is so fucking awesome, cheers for fixing that one, makes me wanna map again

atmosphere ahoy lads!

so youll make the patch now finally? :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postdjdori11, on 15 August 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

so youll make the patch now finally? ;)

Ok, lets go back to your original post just because you can't quite seem to read correctly.

View Postdjdori11, on 24 May 2011 - 11:19 AM, said:

ok DanM you really should do something, first of all on normal setting without performance patch the game works like 5 fps with tons of lag, so i make lower settings more more until i played with launching from, ETERNITYGFX with very low (1) and the performance patch set to 150 view distance, the game works playble, still not good, getting lag sometimes but playable, but after like 15 minutes my computer get really stuck because of this game so i cant do nothing but hard restart! wtf?! and no my computer is super fine and has no problems.
here is my pc:
amd athlon ii x4 635
ati readon hd5770 1gb
4gb ram
windows 7 ultimate sp1 64bit
please make new version of eternity that add more performance improvments and also please lower the diffuclty. thanks! i really wanna play this mod, its awesome :) just do something to let me play it :D

First up:

the game works playble, still not good, getting lag sometimes but playable, but after like 15 minutes my computer get really stuck because of this game so i cant do nothing but hard restart! wtf?! and no my computer is super fine and has no problems.

We know from this bit here you must be running an ATI card because your PC locks up after 15 mins of gameplay.
This is an ATI driver issue, nothing that DanM or DeeperThought can fix. You need to go to the AMD website and tell them to to fix their driver. No patch that DanM or DT could make will fix this for you.
Second:

here is my pc:
amd athlon ii x4 635
ati readon hd5770 1gb
4gb ram
windows 7 ultimate sp1 64bit

Just as I said earlier, you have a ATI card. If you want DNE to play at it's best you need to get an Nvida card as it does not have the memory leak that ATI drivers contain.
Third:

please make new version of eternity that add more performance improvments and also please lower the diffuclty. thanks! i really wanna play this mod, its awesome ;) just do something to let me play it :D

Both DanM and DeeperThought have worked there ass off as it is to make it playable as it can be on ATI cards, there is very little more that can be done to improve the performance. Anything else that can be improved has to come from ATI or Plagman.
I see no issues with the difficulty, but this is probably due to you not being able to play it smoothly.

Bottom line, complain to ATI or Plagman not DanM and DeeperThought.

But you can expect a small patch sometime soon that will fix small issues but nothing that will improve the poor performance you are getting now.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 15 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

By the way, this guy on the AMD forums was running into the same ATI driver problem, but in his case it just kind of went away in the same random fashion as it appeared: http://forums.amd.co...threadid=145380

The way that guy has his GL calls set up is very similar (almost identical, even) to Polymer's rendering process. It's a fairly by the book implementation that no reasonable driver should have any problems with, yet ATI's driver has been doing this shit for years. I imagine there's some possible workaround that we don't know about since this doesn't seem to be a problem for commercial games...

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Do you think the problem where after a while the sectors outside the one you are in stop drawing in OS X with ATI is related to that as well? Yes, eDuke32 is the only game that exhibits a problem like that as well... and EVERYTHING on my system uses OpenGL. On the other hand I have no performance problems whatsoever and I have an older card than the person above. (HD4850)

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 15 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   NY00123 

Hi again,

I've checked out the latest revision (r1966 as of now). There is indeed an improvement when it comes to the "blue tile glitches", even if there's still some blue seen in game. Thanks for working on these!

Unfortunately, when it comes to many technical details (and also trying new EDuke32 stuff in general), I'm not fully up-to-date (e.g. is something being "fog" or "model"; and, is the glitch within EDuke32, HRP, DukePlus, DNE only, or a combination...).
So, at least, I've checked that the "blue tile glitches" haven't been reported in this thread before.

We can still hope for the better as usual. Again, good job!
Cya for now,
NY

User is offline   Kyanos 

I also use ATI "Anus Tickling Imbeciles"
I came across this quote in another forum topic about this.

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:42 AM I've just receveid a mail from ATI telling me that they will quickly look at the problem.

LOL that was 2004. :)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDrek, on 15 August 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

I also use ATI "Anus Tickling Imbeciles"
I came across this quote in another forum topic about this.

LOL that was 2004. :)

I was skeptical, but after looking at the thread it does sound like it might be the same issue. The guy did say one thing that might be potentially useful:

The leak is produce when a call to wglMakeCurrent is made.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

This should only get called once in our case, but it's hard to tell whether it's actually the cause or the leak or not. OpenGL commands are very pipelined and only certain chokepoints cause the commands to get flushed to the underlying hardware; MakeCurrent is one of these chokepoints, so it's possible something else is leaking memory before then while the symptoms are just delayed for a while. Desktop graphics drivers are very complex and huge, so there's definitely plenty of opportunity for failure in cases that don't get tested that much.

View PostNY00123, on 15 August 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hi again,

I've checked out the latest revision (r1966 as of now). There is indeed an improvement when it comes to the "blue tile glitches", even if there's still some blue seen in game. Thanks for working on these!

Unfortunately, when it comes to many technical details (and also trying new EDuke32 stuff in general), I'm not fully up-to-date (e.g. is something being "fog" or "model"; and, is the glitch within EDuke32, HRP, DukePlus, DNE only, or a combination...).
So, at least, I've checked that the "blue tile glitches" haven't been reported in this thread before.

We can still hope for the better as usual. Again, good job!
Cya for now,
NY

i tried now r1969 on eternity and i still getting blue fog. hope for a fix!

Pretty sure the blue fog is intended. What's not intended is it looking like shit.

ok so today i tried to play full game of eternity with eduke r1911 and the performance is much better than the eduke that comes with eternity, but it has the blue fog and some graphic glitches that the eduke that comes with eternity doesnt have.
oh and about the problem of my pc stuck after like 20 minutes of play - now just eternity stuck and im able to do ctrl+alt+del and close it. looks like with the old eduke took more ram so this is why my whole pc stuck.. eternity with eduke r1991 takes up 2gb of my ram..

This post has been edited by djdori11: 28 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

Can you post screenshots of the glitches you're talking about?

View PostPlagman, on 22 August 2011 - 01:13 AM, said:

Can you post screenshots of the glitches you're talking about?

ill try, its a "1 sec glitches" i mean i see them for like a second or two and they disappear.. its just minor glitches..

View Postdjdori11, on 22 August 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

ill try, its a "1 sec glitches" i mean i see them for like a second or two and they disappear.. its just minor glitches..

ok so here is an example of "glitch":
http://i51.tinypic.com/qqcn5f.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/r1hi1k.png

oh and btw, i just tried eduke r1993 on eternity, and its improve performance and FIX THE CRASHES!!
thats awesome!

btw2, why its not saved when i change "always walk with autorun" to off? i mean it works but when i exit and then launch the game its still on..

This post has been edited by djdori11: 28 August 2011 - 01:17 AM

User is offline   DukeFTW 

Dukebike FTW! Great job.

User is offline   Johnny 

Hello together,
i have a little Question: I want to buy the Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition on gog.com. Can i play Duke Nukem Eternity with this gog.com Version of DN3D?

I ask because, i got the same problem with Redneck Rampage Collection to run with erampage. It doesn't start, because the .grp-file is now a .gog-file.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJohnny, on 19 November 2011 - 02:08 AM, said:

Hello together,
i have a little Question: I want to buy the Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition on gog.com. Can i play Duke Nukem Eternity with this gog.com Version of DN3D?

I ask because, i got the same problem with Redneck Rampage Collection to run with erampage. It doesn't start, because the .grp-file is now a .gog-file.

make a backup copy of the .gog file then re-name the extension to .grp and see if that works

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hello together,

Well I bought DN3D from GoG some time ago and it does comes with a .grp file, and I don't think that's gonna change.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 19 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

I just do some researches and checked the file list of GoG copy of Redneck Rampage Collection from my friend...(I don't have that...)

That .gog file doesn't needed for playing game with erampage because it's a image file for its CD tracks. You can check the .inst file and it's (looks like) a CUE file.
FILE "REDNECK.gog" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:02:21
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:50:23
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 06:54:25
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 10:57:27
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 15:26:29
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 17:36:31
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 20:39:33
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 23:59:35
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 30:29:37

There is a REDNECK.GRP file in there with 134MB, the REDNECK.gog is 308MB.

GoG's DN3D copy have a DUKE3D.GRP too, of course.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   Johnny 

Thank you for your answers! Yes, sorry, i didn't see the redneck.grp. Windows 7 doesn't list all filenames. Great, i buy DN3D-Atomic now. Thank you for your help!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When you do it, make sure to get to gog.com through the Duke4.net homepage!

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostJohnny, on 19 November 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Thank you for your answers! Yes, sorry, i didn't see the redneck.grp. Windows 7 doesn't list all filenames. Great, i buy DN3D-Atomic now. Thank you for your help!

Nice to heard that. I always hate Windows do that with default, yeah, it perverts some problems when hiding filename extensions by default but also cause many filename confusing problems like this... :\

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

User is offline   Johnny 

@ MickyC

To late, sorry. I going normal to gog.com.

DNE is a great TC! It lags a bit, but it runs good. I had the normal Fullversion of DN3D bought when it's released in 1996. And with this Version Polymer get some graphics problems with DNE, the first Version of this. I love gog. There are a lot of games, i want to buy Redneck Rampage from my store, where i bought DN3D, but it was indicated by the BPJM. And on gog i found it. I get PayPal just in the second half of this year, but it's a very great feeling to bringing back the good old times! Some of the old Games are better than the newest Games, for my taste. (I don't like DLC's.)

User is offline   Johnny 

Okay, i played till the Level "Shooters" and i stucked, and i have a heavy bug. Duke must Rescue 4 girls. So far, so good. I saved 2 girls when i come out of the Store. I going along the Street till the locked door, towards the Beginning where Duke jumps out the Window. I killed every enemie, but there are two yellow arrow signs in the near from this door. I can't nothing more do. I take the noclip-cheat and going through the closed door and there is a strip club and the two girls i must save. Can you explain me please, on how to finish this Level "Shooters"? Thanks in advance.

The game crashes because i downloaded a EDuke.con-file from this Thread and i overwrite it in the hope it helps to patch this bug, however, when i want to load a savegame, the screen will be gray and i am on the Windows Desktop.

Edit: Okay i am now in Level Born to be Wild. It's not so easy when the Gameplay is a bit laggy.

This post has been edited by Johnny: 29 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

The chicks are just side missions you dont need to save them and the missions are usually pretty easy its the somewhat dodgy ai that makes it challenging, you only gain items from rescuing them

User is offline   Stabs 

Well its Mod of the year time at Moddb so vote for DNE if you liked it, and dont forget to vote for WGR2 too :D

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options