Duke4.net Forums: The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge - Duke4.net Forums

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Supreme Topic of Miscellaneous Knowledge  "Trivia, Research, etc."

User is offline   Lunick 

You can see a screenshot of each Xtreme level here http://duke3dmaps.tu...d/duke%20xtreme

You can also see screenshots of Shawn Swift's levels here and Robert Travis' levels here

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMarphy Black, on 26 March 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

Blood: Cryptic Passage - Gothic Library

Gothic Library was made by both Robert Travis and Shawn Swift (it has both of their signatures). Shawn made Abysmal Mine on his own, though.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The unknown level that appears on some of Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown early scans is actually an user map avaiable online (mancar2.map):

Spoiler

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

Am I blind, or has this Duke 3D Babe concept art by Chuck Jones not been posted here before?:

Posted Image

Posted by "Anomalous Entity" at the old 3DR forums apparently sourced from an unspecified Nintendo magazine that had Duke on the cover. The rest of his scans are of what would later appear in the XBLA release, of course.

User is offline   Lunick 

That's beautiful

User is offline   Jaap 

Are there any pigcop jibs available? I can't find any but maybe I'm just as blind as a bat :-P

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Nope.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Nope, pigcop jibs were never made.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This is not official artwork (although it's based off of it, of course) but I made a Pig arm gib a few years ago. Also Duke's boot gib was pretty clearly made to double as a Pig gib, not sure why they never coded that in there.

animated:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

more 3DR styled animation:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

resting:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 29 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

User is offline   Jaap 

Good point, I could use the duke boot jib. I might try cut-n-pasting some head jibs for the pigcop.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I just noticed that on some pre-release screenshots of Rise of the Triad, the coloured bullets that indicate health have more pointed edges, while in the final version the edges are more rounded, making them look like pills:
Posted Image Posted Image
Suddenly it occurred to me that the pre-release bullets kind of resemble Monk Crystals - I think it's particularly noticeable here:
Posted Image
Do you think it's a coincidence, or could there indeed be a connection?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know why self-running demos were removed from Shadow Warrior v1.2? Is custom demo recording even possible in the retail version?

User is offline   Sanek 

What was the backstory behind the map called "AMC Pleaser" by ck3d and Maarten? :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSanek, on 17 May 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

What was the backstory behind the map called "AMC Pleaser" by ck3d and Maarten? :)

lmao :D

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostForge, on 18 May 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

lmao :)

It's not that funny as you think. I'm srys. I really want to know why the city map has such a strange title, since we don't have maps with such a strange titles everyday. :D

User is offline   Forge 

the AMC portion of AMC Pleaser is not part of the original title.

http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=8034.0

starting around page 3 is where a certain person starts having "issues" with the title.

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

it's all water under the bridge anyway (and like 7 years ago to boot, fuck that's a long time it's almost depressing)

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostForge, on 19 May 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

the AMC portion of AMC Pleaser is not part of the original title.

http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=8034.0

starting around page 3 is where a certain person starts having "issues" with the title.

Oh. Now I understand. Thanks for the link.

View PostJblade, on 19 May 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

it's all water under the bridge anyway (and like 7 years ago to boot, fuck that's a long time it's almost depressing)

Yea. Seems like only yesterday I take shit at Commander via DNR forums, which is only a memory right now. I don't know why, but somehow time starts to go faster as you get older.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 19 May 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yea. Seems like only yesterday I take shit at Commander via DNR forums, which is only a memory right now. I don't know why, but somehow time starts to go faster as you get older.

Time goes "faster" because you are experiencing less and less "new" things. You get that - "if I've walked through one forest, I've walked through them all", phenomenon

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 May 2016 - 04:25 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMrFlibble, on 09 May 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know why self-running demos were removed from Shadow Warrior v1.2? Is custom demo recording even possible in the retail version?

You can run demos, I can't remember how to record them.
You can place demo cameras in the maps.

This post has been edited by Robman: 19 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostForge, on 19 May 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Time goes "faster" because you are experiencing less and less "new" things. You get that - "if I've walked through one forest, I've walked through them all", phenomenon

Maybe it's linked to metabolic rate - it slows as you age, it was a thought I had while reading your post, I searched "metabolism linked to time experience" and this is what it gave me : http://www.scientifi...w-motion-world/

This post has been edited by Robman: 20 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostForge, on 19 May 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

I guess people tend to experience things in proportion... on kind of a logarithmic scale of sorts.

Like, if you're four something happening two years ago was half your life. However if you're 30 and something happened two years ago it was only about 6%. And so on.

This could be the start of an interesting scientific study about the feeling of fluctuating time speed as a source of boredom or other mood anomalies ^_-

User is offline   neznam 

View PostMrFlibble, on 13 March 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

As a matter of fact, there are similar screenshot packs for Blood:

blud0696.zip
blud0796.zip
blud0896.zip
blud0996.zip
blud1096.zip
blud1196.zip
blud951115.zip

The Blood folder at 3D Action Gamers' Archive also contains a couple of videos too.

The links are dead, and the screenshots from the other forum linked in the quote below also seem to be gone. Could you please reupload them if you still have them? Thanks.

View PostMrFlibble, on 23 November 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

BTW, here's a post in another forum with a selection of pre-release screenshots from Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D and Blood from the Terminal Velocity CD.

RTCM also hosts collections of pre-release shots fr om Build engine games, some of which were found within official preview packs and others on CD releases of games by 3DR. However, magazines still use a number of shots that had not been officially released through other media, and only a few of those seem to have found their way into public, like the shot discussed here, which I think isn't part of any official preview release (download or CD/other physical medium).

This post has been edited by neznam: 19 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View Postthedrawliner, on 19 May 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

This could be the start of an interesting scientific study about the feeling of fluctuating time speed as a source of boredom or other mood anomalies ^_-

I've experienced "bullet time" in fights and car/motocross accidents. It's pretty fascinating.

This post has been edited by Robman: 20 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

View Postneznam, on 19 May 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

The links are dead, and the screenshots from the other forum linked in the quote below also seem to be gone. Could you please reupload them if you still have them? Thanks.

I thought that I had re-uploaded the shots a while ago, but it seems that I only did that for Shadow Warrior. Attaching them now.

BTW, the original links are not dead, it's just that the Wayback Machine blocks access to these files because of robots.txt. Sometimes the WM allows to get through the robots.txt, maybe due to some error in their databases. I have been able to access the 3d Action Gamers' Archive twice that way.

As for the shots in the other forums, I'm afraid I don't have those shots. The stuff posted at Abandonia was probably identical to what we already know and is available at R.T.C.M. and/or from the official previews.

[Edit] It turns out that the Wayback Machine has preserved the shot found by Mikko Pekkola:
http://web.archive.o...format/5462.gif

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 21 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

• Ancient Blood God

If the videos are titled 1 through 4, I have them here.

User is offline   NNC 

Nuclear Winter maps were made by Joe Wilcox (I thought all of them, but it seems the boss level was made by someone else). His weird mapping style can be seen in DukeZone2 too, and in some standalone levels like Monkey Shines.

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 May 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

[Edit] It turns out that the Wayback Machine has preserved the shot found by Mikko Pekkola:
http://web.archive.o...format/5462.gif

What's going on in here? The fire is drawn over the UI (the gun).

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNancsi, on 21 May 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

Nuclear Winter maps were made by Joe Wilcox (I thought all of them, but it seems the boss level was made by someone else). His weird mapping style can be seen in DukeZone2 too, and in some standalone levels like Monkey Shines.

You think so? Daedolon has a separate list but this is my list of the credits for the Duke 3D Addons http://pastebin.com/TvtZyurB

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options