Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC  "Updated, new video showing off some weapons"

User is offline   Sebastian 

Me, James and Highwire (Rob) gave co-op play a shot tonight. We tried a new map by Highwire (I don't know if he wants me to post his map yet, so I'll wait for his confirmation), an Invasion map (think Horde mode in Gears of War 2) and also co-op on a usermap for Duke which I can't recall the name of. See first shot for that one.

Posted Image
That's Highwire playing as a.. medieval magic-dude (I can't remember whose character that is, sorry!) and me as Geoffrey's character.

Posted Image
Playing as my own character on one of the many Invasion maps during the last wave before the big boss battle! The environment change depending on which wave you're on, starting as a tropical setting, gradually becoming darker and darker.

Alright, here's the two shots of Highwire's map in co-op!

In this shot you can see James have picked up a trashcan and is tossing it at enemies.
Posted Image

Try and ignore the fact that the muzzleflash is behind the bayonette in this one. :o
Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

Nice shots you should also post those in AMC, since it´s lacking of any new content lately and... the mod is AMC TC!!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Looks like a lot of fun!

So I guess the trails of little sprites in the air show where each character is aiming? I'm sure that's useful in multiplayer, but it looks messy in screen shots.

View PostGambini, on Oct 12 2009, 10:58 AM, said:

Nice shots you should also post those in AMC, since it´s lacking of any new content lately and... the mod is AMC TC!!

True, but it's for everyone!

View PostDeeperThought, on Oct 12 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

Looks like a lot of fun!

So I guess the trails of little sprites in the air show where each character is aiming? I'm sure that's useful in multiplayer, but it looks messy in screen shots.

The trails of sprites are from the enemies laser rifles. It does look messy in screenshots, it's just one of those things that look better when in motion I suppose!

Awesome city! :o

Very nice. Isn't that gun an FG42 with a mounted bayonet?

You bet! With the opportunity to upgrade, it eventually becomes one badass weapon.

I thought it was an FG42. The shape of that weapon is unmistakable.

User is offline   HighWire 

Now that I'm here I figured -

Posted Image

The foreground is a bit messy but obviously the screen is taken from a backdrop setting. :o

This post has been edited by HighWire: 24 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I don't see anything messy, you really are great at wide open city scenes. :o (y) Love it.

User is offline   quakis 

The only thing I personally don't like, is the sky choice. At least the quality of the texture.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Nah, the sky actually fits pretty well. Keep in mind it rains in the map and you never get to see the map from that position anyway.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 24 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looks nice, kind of reminds me of City Terror.

Been doing some back&forth with James today - resulting in a new gun for my character.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's basically finished as it is, I just gotta adjust the art for it a little bit, but you get the idea!

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 08 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

These screens look really very good, specially the second, I dunno about the explosion art though, the yellow pixils look weird.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

The hud looks ugly, could you guys do it better?

View PostWilliam Gee, on Nov 8 2009, 08:59 PM, said:

These screens look really very good, specially the second, I dunno about the explosion art though, the yellow pixils look weird.

Explosions taken from Blood, i guess.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postzykov eddy, on Nov 10 2009, 05:55 AM, said:

I thought it was a rather "KISS" looking type HUD myself.

User is offline   Sangman 

View Postzykov eddy, on Nov 9 2009, 05:55 PM, said:

Just FYI, there are several HUDs in the game (a different one for every character).

I still don't see the problem with Rusty's HUD though. :/

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Me neither - it does look a bit unusual but not necessarily in a bad way.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's the font(s), guys. The numbers don't look very good. Also the '+' doesn't go with the numbers.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

True, the + and the numbers do clash. But the numbers itself look fine to me. There was a tc a couple of years back that had the same style of numbers which was pretty cool (come to think of it, it might've been Victor's thing, which was never released).

The numbers look fine, we'll fine tune everything else before release. Can we move past the fucking HUD please?

Good point, though I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. :)

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 09 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Lo-res video preview of my level, 2:04 min -- 11.9MB
Right click to download.

I'll replace this one with a YouTube mirror... but not today. Too much work on Duke today, so sleepy..

edit: Two bucks to whoever gets the movie reference, room before last in the video!

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 14 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

Natural Born Killers, one of my fave movies

looking like a very cool map with plenty to do and explode :)

One of those movies that really set a mark on you for the rest of your life. Kinda like... Roadhouse.
That track barely made it into the trailer either! I was going for either a Goblin track or Ennio Morricone (if you haven't heard these fellas work then you owe it to yourself!) but I was listening to some Cohen while going through the footage and realized the barren desert and desolate feeling set by this evocative tune fits my character's journey way better than I could've imagined!

But the main questio remain : when we can expect a release or an alpha / beta ?
BTW, the answer "When it's ready" is NOT allowed. :)

How about really really soon?

This one makes me happy !

User is offline   Sangman 

Yeah the first episode is very near completion. Too bad the work on maps I've done so far is for episode 2 :) (except for a little MP Invasion map but that's more James' work than mine!)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options