Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC  "Updated, new video showing off some weapons"

User is offline   Jblade 

For your viewing pleasure, 2 videos!

Me and Highwire, playing as Sang and a Cultist respectively, in a 1 on 1 match on DMHOLO:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Oht48vgrOrY

Me and Highwire playing as ourselves in INVWEST, a map where you have to defend a bar against hordes of Cultists and Zombies. All to the tune of a selection of Songs!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=awo8qfBbbkU

And incase you missed it, the (outdated now) AMC TC Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdyBSL9L6rw...feature=related

And finally to make this a more interesting opener, here's a variety of screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James: 02 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Don't Fear The Reaper. <3
I anticipate the release of this mod more than any other, it simply looks amazing.
Nice shoes, James. XD

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Love the coop movie, looks like great fun. Having played with an earlier version of this, I can safely say that this TC has more content than any other I know of. I hope everyone plays this when it comes out.

The carrying of objects looked very smooth. Is that based on my DP code, or is that something new you cooked up?

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostDeeperThought, on Jun 30 2009, 12:24 AM, said:

Love the coop movie, looks like great fun. Having played with an earlier version of this, I can safely say that this TC has more content than any other I know of. I hope everyone plays this when it comes out.

The carrying of objects looked very smooth. Is that based on my DP code, or is that something new you cooked up?

Thanks ;)

It's something I did myself; playing on master/slave mode in YANG it's very laggy and much less smooth, but on P2P it's as seamless as singleplayer.

User is offline   Sebastian 

So here's some pictures from the work I've been doing. It's all from one and the same map:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess I don't need to mention it's still in WIP? Especially the last shot of which I have some (still) pretty big plans for.

User is offline   Sangman 

Looks awesome Rusty (first time I've seen these shots as well!) though maybe that third to last shot needs other wall textures?

BTW; just a repost of some of my work from this TC, posted these in the "what are you working on" thread earlier:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sangman: 01 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRusty Nails, on Jul 1 2009, 12:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

It looks like he's juggling his own guts.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love this mod. <3

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The numbers in the HUD seriously need replacing...

I like the candle!

View PostTX, on Jul 2 2009, 05:01 AM, said:

Why? They seem perfectly fine to me.

Ive never liked them myself.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostSangman, on Jul 2 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

Why? They seem perfectly fine to me.

They're terrible imho too. But iirc James said they're probably going to stay there so what can we do.

Anyway, I _love_ those MP videos, but especially the COOP one makes me wanna play it asap.

Rusty's screens are great, I love the exterior, the saloon and the lava place the most.

Well thanks for commenting everyone, don't forget to check out the trailers on the first post for some look at the cutscenes, action and voice overs that are there!

View PostTX, on Jul 1 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

I don't know if James is going to replace them all together, but for my character they'll be - I just haven't gotten around providing the graphics yet so they're just placeholders for now.

User is offline   Jblade 

Here's a video showing off one of the temporary weapons you can pick up, as well as a little bit of the singleplayer map 'Big Trouble in Big China' by Sang and some of the invasion map 'Urban Dead' by me.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Icm549L8pqU

User is offline   Jblade 

edit: woops no idea how that happened

This post has been edited by James: 05 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Pretty neat. I like that the zombies have that slicing in half animation. I was kind of disappointed to see that Sang's map didn't look to have much connection to the movie by the same name, but that's kind of negligible.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jul 5 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

Pretty neat. I like that the zombies have that slicing in half animation. I was kind of disappointed to see that Sang's map didn't look to have much connection to the movie by the same name, but that's kind of negligible.

He didn't name the map, I did after the movie. It was just a throwaway reference really ;)

Personally I think it's one of my best designed maps yet.. It doesn't have that huge epic scale or any gigantic outdoor areas but I really love the lay-out and it's fun to play (it's a short one, too). Perfect map! ;)

If all goes as planned that map should be in Episode 2 (as well as another map you've seen a shot of in this thread already, that one is planned to be much much bigger)

I like the sword cuts in the zombies, that looked nice, and the shoes from the mighty boot. ;)

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks - and I agree with you Sang, as far as levels go I think it's one of your strongest. The second map however is much better already and it's only just been started ;)

The sword rocks, I just tried it on some unsuspecting cultists who had their backs turned to me with some pretty satisfying results!

User is offline   Jblade 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c5PqHIHHS0M

A new short video just showing another one of the minor playable characters. Episode 1 has 12 characters all together; the 8 main ones, and then another 4 minor ones who are playable in multiplayer. Although they each have their own equipment, the selection of weapons available to them isn't as large as the main cast.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm not too keen on the weapon/hud colors changing depending on your player color, sometimes it looks kind of tacky. Nevertheless, its not too big a deal.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 14 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

It's something I just felt neccesary - I always like games that allow you to customise stuff to a certain extent, and the colour choices is an extension of that.

Very nice work, really looking forward to this TC! Certainly very rich in features.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJames, on Sep 16 2009, 04:47 AM, said:

It's something I just felt neccesary - I always like games that allow you to customise stuff to a certain extent, and the colour choices is an extension of that.

Oh I agree 100%, but I meant the actual colors it changed to didn't look quite so good. I know its a limitation of using the pal command, which is why I said it wasn't so big of a deal. :o

User is offline   Davidos 

Sorry for bumping the topic but, where can I find more information about this?
And, is there a set release date?

I just freaked out when I didn't find a link to anything on the first post, the mod seemed incredibly complete way back then.

User is offline   Jblade 

no need to say sorry, it's good to see there's interest here - there's no website or set release date but judging how progress is doing, it should be out this year. I finished an important map the week before last and other members of the team are closing in on the end of their SP maps as well :o All that's needed after that is final bug fixing, removing content that's meant for further episodes and then releasing episode 1.

Episode 1 will have a full singleplayer campaign as well as a shitload of multiplayer content.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Quite fascinating...good combination from all sorts of games influencing this one. Nice to see those Blake Stone informants in this one. Nice Blood influences, too...wow. Can't wait to play the final product.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options