• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC  "Updated, new video showing off some weapons"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMblackwell, on 02 May 2011 - 05:11 AM, said:

Every once in awhile (I believe I saw it 3 times) the view tilts 90 degrees. Just curious why this is the case. Looked a bit odd. The rest looked pretty cool though.

I'm pretty sure that's the player doing a side roll.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Player... side roll? Wha?

User is offline   Sebastian 

You can dive to either side by holding the sprint key and strafing in the desired direction. He does it in 3rd person so you can easier see it too.

• Evil Overlord

Weird. Alright then.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMblackwell, on 02 May 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Weird. Alright then.

Not sure how it's weird, I thought it looked quite well done and knew what it was as soon as I saw the effect.

• Evil Overlord

Can't say I agree, even knowing what it is now (and looking for it), but it doesn't affect the rest of my opinion (and it doesn't seem very important) so we'll leave it at that. Don't want to derail this thread talking about something that's two seconds of film time on a TC that's not released yet.

User is offline   Jblade 

It's an optional combat move that can help players become more agile during fights. I'm working to give the player more moves and 'action-movie' style abilities like sliding kicks, wall kicks and as the video showed rolling to the side to dodge projectiles. It's not neccesary to use it in the lower skill levels, but it proves it's worth more in the expert skill level (which is being designed for people who like to replay the mod and have researched lots of upgrades/weapons and stuff)

Anyways, quick appearance to say I'm happy to see this is still alive, as someone I talked to a couple of months ago was appearantly expressing sadness there had been no updates to this [I don't remember who it is now though]. Still hoping to see this reach the finish line sometime. o.o

And yeah, I'm still working on other non-Duke mods at the moment. NR is still in stasis, although I did get some chances to mess with it, EDuke32 and the Polymer engine on my new laptop [@_@], so hopefully when the other project cools down some, I'll be back to work in "competing with you" with NR again. ;P

Obvious jokes aside, good luck in your endeavors and try to get in touch with me sometime on MSN if possible, okay? o.o;

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostJames, on 03 May 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

It's an optional combat move that can help players become more agile during fights. I'm working to give the player more moves and 'action-movie' style abilities like sliding kicks, wall kicks and as the video showed rolling to the side to dodge projectiles. It's not neccesary to use it in the lower skill levels, but it proves it's worth more in the expert skill level (which is being designed for people who like to replay the mod and have researched lots of upgrades/weapons and stuff)

Diving forward through glass planes would be pretty cool...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMblackwell, on 02 May 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Can't say I agree, even knowing what it is now (and looking for it), but it doesn't affect the rest of my opinion (and it doesn't seem very important) so we'll leave it at that. Don't want to derail this thread talking about something that's two seconds of film time on a TC that's not released yet.

I have a feeling you really don't know what this means. Discussing your opinion, and therefor criticism, on a feature of a mod in it's very own thread isn't derailing. It's completely relevant, and I can't think of any where it would belong more.

In other news, mod looks kick ass as usual! Can't wait to put my greasy paws on it.

User is offline   Jblade 

Protector drones, although speedy, can't catch up to a well-trained human being. If said human being is wearing a bulky enviro-suit designed for work in highly hazardous environments however, than they have a much better time getting up close and personel. This thing is no HEV suit, and only comes equipped with a welding laser with a built in safety range limiter. Good for patching up cracks in radioactive materials, not so good for self-defence!
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

Looking good James!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The tinting and dithering make for an interesting effect. I like it.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options