Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Mark 

You have a great looking start.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Thanks guys. I have a good feeling about this map, or at least a better one than my last attempt. The problem I've had in the past is that I simply couldn't think of what areas and details to add, and the good thing about an alien ship is that I can basically add random details. The more random details, the more alien, and therefore (hopefully) better it should look.

User is offline   blizzart 

Some early shots of a new map I´m working on...

Attached Image: 004_1.jpg Attached Image: 002_1.jpg Attached Image: 005_1.jpg Attached Image: 004_1.jpg

Lighting/shading is almost missing (especially Polymer lights) and it needs more work on the textures.

User is offline   CruX 

Solid looking choice of textures, and I like that you're paying attention to how the ceiling/floor is panned. Pretty nice start!

User is offline   SwissCm 

Not too bad, a bit blocky.

View PostSwissCm, on 21 April 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

Not too bad, a bit blocky.

Tends to look best when you're using grid-based floors/ceilings though.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

I've been working on another video, sort of a part 2 to Duke's Day Off. Here, Duke welcomes you to his new place with a mini tour and then gets on his computer as Duke plays Duke! Some of the best explosive action-kill footage will be seen featuring the HRP and Duke Plus.
Also, this may be a music video as well since I've chosen a track which I have co-written with a band I was in some years ago. I found this lost 'tape', yes, an old cassette and tried my best to restore this track which had some bad drop-outs from age. It's about 16 years old, but the song seems to fit very well with Duke.

Attached File  Coming Down.mp3 (8.69MB)
Number of downloads: 848
Let me know what you think, thanks!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 21 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

It was one of those days where I've been up all night and then ended up trying to do something for apparently no logical reason whatsoever...

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 21 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postwayskobfssae, on 21 April 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

It was one of those days where I've been up all night and then ended up trying to do something for apparently no logical reason whatsoever...

That's very cool, and I'm sure you will find a use for it if you keep modding. Some problem will come up, and then you'll realize "Hey, I can use a variation of the life sim code for that effect!".

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 21 April 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Attachment Coming Down.mp3

Kickass! I'm keeping that song to listen to when I'm in a rockin' mood!

While I'm at it, I might as well show what I'm working on currently.

http://dukeisforever.webs.com/mods.htm

There's a few screenshots there and some info.

And here's some old, crappy footage from a while back:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TKLCTzEI6-4

That map has had a huge makeover since then. It looks much better and is more complete now. And those weapons you see in the video...we were just playing around and experimenting with changing the weapon sprites. Those won't be in anymore. I'll probably just be using the HRP/DukePlus weapons for now. Maybe with different skins.

Anyway, this mod isn't going to be groundbreaking or anything. I don't have anyone helping me anymore and my goal is for it to just be funny and fun!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That map looks like it's going to be fun, especially when if it's more complete :dukegoof:

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

some hi-res textures for my mod :dukegoof:

Posted Image
By muelsa373 at 2011-04-22

User is offline   Sebastian 

Hollar any time you need someone to beta test that stuff for you.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View Postwayskobfssae, on 21 April 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I can't watch the vid :dukegoof: , there's a problem, it starts to loading buffer and never ends.

View PostMuelsa, on 22 April 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

some hi-res textures for my mod :D

Posted Image

Holly shit!!!!! I would like to see this finished.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 22 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

View PostNorvak, on 22 April 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

I can't watch the vid :dukegoof: , there's a problem, it starts to loading buffer and never ends.

That's.. weird. It's just youtube. *scratches head*

View PostMuelsa, on 22 April 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

some hi-res textures for my mod :D

Posted Image

..... whoa.

Dr. Grant: How did you do this?

And sweet, my wife is a JP nut, so this will definitely get her playing Eduke.

*wonders how many bullets are needed to kill a T-rex*

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 22 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 22 April 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

Kickass! I'm keeping that song to listen to when I'm in a rockin' mood!

While I'm at it, I might as well show what I'm working on currently.

http://dukeisforever.webs.com/mods.htm

There's a few screenshots there and some info.

And here's some old, crappy footage from a while back:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TKLCTzEI6-4

That map has had a huge makeover since then. It looks much better and is more complete now. And those weapons you see in the video...we were just playing around and experimenting with changing the weapon sprites. Those won't be in anymore. I'll probably just be using the HRP/DukePlus weapons for now. Maybe with different skins.

Anyway, this mod isn't going to be groundbreaking or anything. I don't have anyone helping me anymore and my goal is for it to just be funny and fun!

Hey thanks Dave, crank it up!
Wasn't this mod one you started a while ago? Good to see you're still working on it. Making it fun is the main thing. Hope we'll get to play it soon!

@Mulesa: Dino-mite! Ha, couldn't resist that one!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 22 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

@Muelsa

Are you planning on getting this?
http://store.steampo....com/app/94540/

I have a feeling it might be a point and click game as thats what Telltale Games seem to be.

EDIT: I just realised I still have that old alpha/beta you sent me many years ago. :dukegoof:
I hope you have changed the file system around so that it works with the "custom content" selector (The way DukePlus ect is set out)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 21 April 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Attachment Coming Down.mp3

This is very good. Who has the rights to the song???? It could be re-recorded!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostThe Commander, on 22 April 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

Are you planning on getting this?
http://store.steampo....com/app/94540/
I have a feeling it might be a point and click game as thats what Telltale Games seem to be.

nice but, Is a point and click game... :D

View PostThe Commander, on 22 April 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

EDIT: I just realised I still have that old alpha/beta you sent me many years ago. :dukegoof:
I hope you have changed the file system around so that it works with the "custom content" selector (The way DukePlus ect is set out)

Realy ? the raptor i have send you at this time, is the first model i have added to eduke and my first attempt in con code :)

User is offline   Gambini 

Kudos to Muelsa for his dinos and to Vinsane one for that kick ass song (that im listening for 2nd time)

View PostHank, on 22 April 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

This is very good. Who has the rights to the song???? It could be re-recorded!

Thank you! I hold 50% of the rights.

View PostGambini, on 22 April 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

Kudos to Muelsa for his dinos and to Vinsane one for that kick ass song (that im listening for 2nd time)

Glad you like it "old school" style!

View PostVinsaneOne, on 22 April 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Thank you! I hold 50% of the rights.

I'd like to hear more of this & anything you had a hand in. Is this band still around and do they have a page?

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 22 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

View Postwayskobfssae, on 22 April 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'd like to hear more of this & anything you had a hand in. Is this band still around and do they have a page?

I have 2 other songs on Myspace. Cannon broke up in the late '90s but we're still in touch with eachother. We all have been doing our own things here and there since then.
http://www.myspace.c...gnittacoolstuff

View PostVinsaneOne, on 22 April 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Wasn't this mod one you started a while ago? Good to see you're still working on it. Making it fun is the main thing. Hope we'll get to play it soon!

Yeah, I gave up on it for a while then decided to bring it back. I'm pretty sure I can have it out by the end of this year. I'll probably be releasing it with just that one level, though. It's a pretty big level. Several buildings to explore and will require DukePlus to get through it.

I've also recorded alot of lines for it with my uncle, but I might have to re-record them. They don't seem to be loud enough. There's some real funny ones. I'll tease one of them:

"I'll slap the sh*t out of ya, then I'll slap ya for sh*ttin'!"

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 22 April 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

"I'll slap the sh*t out of ya, then I'll slap ya for sh*ttin'!"

LOL I love that

View Postwayskobfssae, on 22 April 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

LOL I love that

Ha ha! Yea, that's a great one!
Dave, here's a little something drawn by Commando Nukem a while back...
Attached Image: tooned nukemdave.jpg
Uncle Dave and Duke

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 22 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostVinsaneOne, on 22 April 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Dave, here's a little something drawn by Commando Nukem a while back...
Attachment tooned nukemdave.jpg
Uncle Dave and Duke

Whoa, that's awesome! I might be able to use that in the mod as a painting on the wall or something. :dukegoof:

View PostVinsaneOne, on 22 April 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Attachment tooned nukemdave.jpgUncle Dave and Duke

Heheheh, now, fighting aliens as a team just seems too obvious here, so I'm guessing: family outing, first day of rabbit season.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

There wasn't really much point to me working on it, but I cracked open the mod I recently sent to Gambini (and blizzart and Forge) and tweaked the code a bit for spawning things to optimize it better. Mostly so I could go ahead and try and construct a small landscape for fun and not have the framerate chug or the level be weirdly empty. Still lots more I can do code-wise (though I likely won't) but as far as the map is concerned I'm finished for the moment. The idea was an abandoned stone circle on a grassy hill (the forestry and contours came later). Apologies in advance for the terrible weapon model you have to stare at.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMblackwell, on 23 April 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

There wasn't really much point to me working on it, but I cracked open the mod I recently sent to Gambini (and blizzart and Forge) and tweaked the code a bit for spawning things to optimize it better. Mostly so I could go ahead and try and construct a small landscape for fun and not have the framerate chug or the level be weirdly empty. Still lots more I can do code-wise (though I likely won't) but as far as the map is concerned I'm finished for the moment. The idea was an abandoned stone circle on a grassy hill (the forestry and contours came later). Apologies in advance for the terrible weapon model you have to stare at.

I got to look at a few of the maps before it crashed on me. Very interesting terrain and characters. You might have other things on your plate, but I believe this is still worth your spare time to tinker with just for the fun of it. Even if you have no intentions of finishing or releasing it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

Share this topic:

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options