Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Loke 

View PostGambini, on 10 April 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

Can i repeat those screenshots are amazing? It´s just that i can´t stop watching them :D

I'm glad you're enjoying them. :dukegoof:

@Loke: Eventually you will have to add monsters, and it would be a bit disappointing if it just had the standard Duke ones. If you wanted to make it a mini-TC, it wouldn't be too much trouble too add some new monsters like you see here:

One of the main reasons I decided not to have any monsters is that, as you said, the standard DN3D just don't fit the into the general theme. The other reason is that many of the hallways and rooms are fairly cramped with little to none in ground to maneuver which might prove to be a fairly frustrating experience once you start adding enemies.
I don't know though, I like the sprites you posted especially the upside down head spider which would fit perfectly in (as would a mutilated dog creature). I have absolutely zero experience with custom content though.

View PostDeeperThought, on 10 April 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

@Loke: Eventually you will have to add monsters, and it would be a bit disappointing if it just had the standard Duke ones. If you wanted to make it a mini-TC, it wouldn't be too much trouble too add some new monsters like you see here:

[sweet new monsters cutted for netiquette]

I would LOVE to see that in game !

View PostPlagman, on 10 April 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

The Arachnotron/Octabrain hybrid is kind of cool. I have no idea what the egg thing (?) is supposed to be, though. Just something that hatches into the little Doom 3 spider/ticks?

If yo are on about the third tile down on the left, I believe that sprite was probably taken from Blood, in that game, it used to spit things at you, usually slime or lava depending on where the plant was found.

Posted Image

Maybe... Just maybe.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Where did you get a model of Mario holding a shotgun? That almost makes me want to revive the Mario Nukem TC.

I've no idea from where it originated, in the early 2000's I was given an old computer that had Quake 2 (Maybe Quake 3) installed and there was a bunch of custom player models, among them was the Mario model there, I don't expect the original modeller will mind me using it, though converting it to MD3 was rather irksome. I can upload the model if you want it for something, which reminds me - this is a long way off - but in the furure I may well pester you for some of the assets from your old Mario Nukem TC if I can not track some good models and such down elsewhere, however, I am only going to ask that if I get this thing near completion, which is a long time away, I will just use placeholder sprites for the time being.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

View PostDeeperThought, on 11 April 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

That almost makes me want to revive the Mario Nukem TC.

I wish you would...
Do you have any real plans of doing that?
The videos i saw once looked like the thing was almost finished.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postchicken, on 11 April 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

I wish you would...
Do you have any real plans of doing that?
The videos i saw once looked like the thing was almost finished.

I don't know. And it's hard for me to estimate how close to being finished it is, since there was never a real plan for the project. We just added a bunch of stuff in a flurry, and then stopped. There are playable maps and a fairly good sized texture set, collection of models and coded enemies and stuff. But there is no story, no boss, and it's missing some features and models that would be needed to make a complete game.

If it were to be continued, I now have some definite ideas about the direction it should go. First of all, the game should occupy a niche; that is, it should offer a unique twist on the Mario universe, and not be a cheap knock-off of other Mario games. Beyond that...well, I have ideas, but this isn't the best time to talk about them.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Model-wise i might be able to help.
I'm busy with another project right now but for later you could keep me in mind.
This is one the TCs that always interested me and i'd really like to see this happen.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostHigh Treason, on 11 April 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

Maybe... Just maybe.

Looks pretty decent. Have you made any changes in con files for this?

User is offline   Jblade 

some minor things from the AMC TC, finishing up the last of episode 1 maps now:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   CruX 

Looking nice, though something about the dialog screen is really rubbing me wrong tbh.

View PostJames, on 12 April 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

For curiosity's sake, is each dialogue screen its own png file, or are you drawing text to the screen dynamically?

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postwayskobfssae, on 12 April 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

For curiosity's sake, is each dialogue screen its own png file, or are you drawing text to the screen dynamically?

I'm drawing it to the screen manually; the only things that I just used a tile for are readable books and things like that since having a computer-style font would look odd. All the text and stuff is contained in the CON files. I'm actually having alot of fun creating GUI and Computer screens for the AMC TC :dukegoof:

You can see that by the font he is using xD

User is offline   Gambini 

That creature looks creepy James! good work there!

View PostJames, on 12 April 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

I'm drawing it to the screen manually; the only things that I just used a tile for are readable books and things like that since having a computer-style font would look odd. All the text and stuff is contained in the CON files. I'm actually having alot of fun creating GUI and Computer screens for the AMC TC :D

I can imagine. I had a lot of fun making the tank HUD, and I'm planning for usable interfaces at terminals. :dukegoof:

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Whatever happened to this mod?

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=26326

I looked forward to playing that. :dukegoof:

User is offline   Mark 

I don't have plans to do a full level or any kind of TC. Just for fun I took a break this afternoon from the other stuff I'm doing and created a version of the opening scene of Blood.

This post has been edited by Marked: 16 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostJames, on 12 April 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

Great work! I've been waiting for the AMC TC for a while and I'm glad it sounds like it's nearing some kind of completion :dukegoof:

View PostMarked, on 16 April 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

I don't have plans to do a full level or any kind of TC. Just for fun I took a break this afternoon from the other stuff I'm doing and created a version of the opening scene of Blood.

Ah so that's what the texture you wanted the normal map was for. Did you end up using it?
Anyway as always with your work the models and polymer lights make it look modern and aesthetically pleasing.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm actually using the texture and your normal map in my W.I.P. GraveyardTC

I needed to make a test room for the texture and it just turned into the room in the picture. I'm still tweaking the parameters for the best look.

This post has been edited by Marked: 16 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

The ceiling and walls together with polymer lightning = godlike. When we are at the point where every computer can run the polymer lightning, mapping will be very different.

User is offline   Mark 

And eventually things will come full circle and people will yearn for the "good old days" and make classic ( non-Polymer ) maps again.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHigh Treason, on 11 April 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

(Mario picture)

Maybe... Just maybe.

I JUST realized that it was a giant room with textured walls and ceiling rather than a parallaxed sky Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

And of course, no crypt should be without it's spiderwebbed hole in the wall with some coffins in it. :dukegoof:

This test room is turning out to be a lot of fun to make. I might have to expand it a little to include more of the first level of Blood. But it would just be eye candy since I have no idea how to add anything other than Duke enemies.

This post has been edited by Marked: 17 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

View PostMicky C, on 17 April 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

I JUST realized that it was a giant room with textured walls and ceiling rather than a parallaxed sky Posted Image

If its meant to be oldschool Mario, it kinda makes sense. The clouds were just another background object that moved at the same speed as everything else. So it's probably intentional.

View PostMarked, on 17 April 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

And of course, no crypt should be without it's spiderwebbed hole in the wall with some coffins in it. :dukegoof:

This test room is turning out to be a lot of fun to make. I might have to expand it a little to include more of the first level of Blood. But it would just be eye candy since I have no idea how to add anything other than Duke enemies.

"We meet again, Dr. Jones...."

That's really pretty though.

I, at the moment, am putting myself through the headache of making a disc combat system for my TRON mod.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 17 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

I saw you made a ripper with custom projectiles waysk. Are we going to use the normal weapons or are you going to make discs for us?

View PostJhect, on 17 April 2011 - 07:12 AM, said:

I saw you made a ripper with custom projectiles waysk. Are we going to use the normal weapons or are you going to make discs for us?

All the weapons are being reworked, though the ripper effect you saw was just temporary until I make it look better. There will be redesigned guns and discs as well.

Nice, that's about the only thing i can't do. I would love to be able to do 3d models :dukegoof:

View PostJhect, on 17 April 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

Nice, that's about the only thing i can't do. I would love to be able to do 3d models :dukegoof:

Actually I can't either. Not organics anyway. And in the case of the weapons, they'll be staying as sprites. Mainly because the visual effects involved would be more trouble than they're worth to try and apply them to a 3D model.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options