Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   CruX 

it's time to curb-stomp and chew bubblegum

and i'm all outta gum

User is offline   Jolteon 

This looks rather... Familiar.

Attached Image: duke0173.png

Textures might be replaced though.

Edit: Finally managed to kill the both of them without cheats. It's REALLY Tough! Might need to make it a little easier somehow.

Attached Image: duke0174.png Attached Image: duke0175.png

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 03 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

User is offline   Loke 

Too bad there's no monster infighting in Duke3D.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

Before anyone complains about scale...it's not easy putting a full-sized Star Destroyer in a Duke map. I had to add a hack just to make the thing not disappear from certain vantage points. Let's call it a micro SD. :P

EDIT: I increased the scale of the Star Destoyer by 50% since posting that pic. Had to make some adjustments but it's better now. Still not quite full-size but close enough.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 04 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 March 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Before anyone complains about scale...it's not easy putting a full-sized Star Destroyer in a Duke map. I had to add a hack just to make the thing not disappear from certain vantage points. Let's call it a micro SD. ;)

Looks great :P can't wait for version 2.0.

User is offline   CruX 

i actually wanted to release this shit like, a while ago but last week I decided to retool it by basing it on Hendrick's con sample for DN3D's weapons, that way it (should be) fully functional with the original hud. In the meantime enjoy this really short video of the shotgun animation, which i'm weirdly proud of for whatever fuckin reason.

• Duke Plus Developer

^Nice animation, very smooth.

EDIT: I increased the scale of the Star Destoyer by 50% since posting that pic. Had to make some adjustments but it's better now. Still not quite full-size but close enough.

Using def Scale factor or changing the actual model size via editor?

How you avoid that big models like that are trapassabile? Placing invisible walls?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 March 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Before anyone complains about scale...it's not easy putting a full-sized Star Destroyer in a Duke map.

Sure it is; assuming of course that the player doesn't go down there, you can put all that in a skybox.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 04 March 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Sure it is; assuming of course that the player doesn't go down there, you can put all that in a skybox.

The player goes down there and can move all around it, TIE fighters fly around it etc. No, it's definitely going to stay in the map, not in a skybox. Anyway, it works fine -- I had to place a few proxy sprites around the map in different locations and code them so that the model will get rendered when any of those sprites are in the rendering pool.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

Md2 and md3 does not allow that level of detail (funny that md2 a different kind of LOD value), what is the new format?

Shame that after the VERY old frontend 1.6, beta 108 I guess, I can't play with Doomsday engine anymore...

Zdoom and other Boom variations map/mods still uncompatible? It would not make much sense.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 11 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 March 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Md2 and md3 does not allow that level of detail (funny that md2 a different kind of LOD value), what is the new format?

Shame that after the VERY old frontend 1.6, beta 108 I guess, I can't play with Doomsday engine anymore...

Zdoom and other Boom variations map/mods still uncompatible? It would not make much sense.

I thought MD3 didn't have an explicit poly limit? Anyway I assume he's going to create a lower poly version and bake a normal map to it with the high poly version.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I think by "level of detail" he means the precision of the coordinate system.

User is offline   Spiker 

Buffing the scale of a model makes it possible to preserve the details (not in the defs but md3 itself).

User is offline   Gambini 

^ This. ThereĀ“s some kind of low decimal limit for coordinates on md3 format.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 March 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

The player goes down there and can move all around it, TIE fighters fly around it etc. No, it's definitely going to stay in the map, not in a skybox. Anyway, it works fine -- I had to place a few proxy sprites around the map in different locations and code them so that the model will get rendered when any of those sprites are in the rendering pool.

Personally, I would have made it an Imperial Interdictor, a much smaller imperial cruiser that looks somewhat like a Star Destroyer. Would fit better, since a Star Destroyer is large enough to be considered a floating city.
http://starwars.wiki...ial_Interdictor

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 16 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

• Honored Donor

I believe you're after the Interdictor Cruiser: http://starwars.wiki...rdictor_cruiser

I'm a trekkie and by no means a Star Wars expert, but the article you linked to appeared to be referencing a very specific one-off ship as opposed to the general class of ships that it's based on.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Interdictors were plentiful in the EU. I don't know whether they've been used too extensively in canon, though. Either way, they aren't as recognizable, for sure...

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStriker, on 15 March 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Personally, I would have made it an Imperial Interdictor, a much smaller imperial cruiser that looks somewhat like a Star Destroyer. Would fit better, since a Star Destroyer is large enough to be considered a floating city.

That's a good idea, but I don't have a model for that. Did I mention that it is now 50% bigger than what was shown in the screenshot? (Still not to scale, I know).

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

My attempt to recreate/emultate the style of the OG Duke3D Duke in 3DS Max. Very very rough draft.

https://www.dropbox....onDuke.png?dl=0

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 17 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

User is online   Mark 

Link wouldn't load for me.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 March 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

It's not for Doom. :blink:

So it is a WIP of the new chaingun of liz commander isn't?

It remains a nice work.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 17 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm working on something

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Are some of those textures from The Adventures of Square?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostLunick, on 19 March 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Are some of those textures from The Adventures of Square?

Yes. Is that bad?

User is offline   Lunick 

It was just recognisable to me, that's all :blink:

User is offline   Sanek 

I just learn Photoshop extensively right now, and so decided to draw some simple textures and import them into duke, and to make some simple map entierely without any original duke textures...with some free textures and sprites lying around :blink:

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Because Fox is a fucking idiot and no mod seems to be doing anything about his bullshit of posting huge off topic gifs in the Wieder thread. You have him to thank. It's acceptable to do this so here, have 200+mb worth of his gifs because hey, it's hilarious right?

DELETED GIFS

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 21 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options