Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Robman, on 21 March 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Because Fox is a fucking idiot and no mod seems to be doing anything about his bullshit of posting huge off topic gifs in the Wieder thread. You have him to thank. It's acceptable to do this so here, have 200+mb worth of his gifs because hey, it's hilarious right?

DELETED GIFS

Your mistake was in thinking that a political discussion thread has the same value as a thread about creating content for Duke Nukem, in a forum that is dedicated to Duke Nukem content.

No, we don't particularly give a shit about what happens in the general discussion threads. On some occasions I have stepped in and removed his excessive gifs, but I'm not going to waste a lot of time doing that. But if you come out here and start fucking with real threads that have value to us, then yeah we are going to do something about it.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Trooper Dan, on 21 March 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Your mistake was in thinking that a political discussion thread has the same value as a thread about creating content for Duke Nukem, in a forum that is dedicated to Duke Nukem content.

No, we don't particularly give a shit about what happens in the general discussion threads. On some occasions I have stepped in and removed his excessive gifs, but I'm not going to waste a lot of time doing that. But if you come out here and start fucking with real threads that have value to us, then yeah we are going to do something about it.

Delete the fucking gifs Dan.
And tell him to quit doing it.

Just because you personally don't care about a thread, it isn't ok for him to pepper it with 100+ mb gifs.
Thread that doesn't matter =3800+ posts , 100 000+ views?

This post has been edited by Robman: 21 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Robman, on 21 March 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Just because you personally don't care about a thread, it isn't ok for him to pepper it with 100+ mb gifs.
Thread that doesn't matter =3800+ posts , 100 000+ views?

It's not about me personally, it's about this being Duke4.net, a site dedicated to fandom and modding of Duke Nukem games. And no, political fights are not important to this site, no matter how many people are into them. If I'm around and I see excessive gifs I will remove them, as I have done in the past, but I'm not going to hang out in a political discussion thread on a regular basis.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Trooper Dan, on 21 March 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

It's not about me personally, it's about this being Duke4.net, a site dedicated to fandom and modding of Duke Nukem games. And no, political fights are not important to this site, no matter how many people are into them. If I'm around and I see excessive gifs I will remove them, as I have done in the past, but I'm not going to hang out in a political discussion thread on a regular basis.

If you're told about the problem, you don't have to be around all the time to witness/ remove the gifs.
You were told about the issue. Duke4.net has a general section, so...it's not 100% just about DN games is it.

Just delete/move the gifs and feel free to delete all of this crap about it too.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Robman, on 21 March 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

You were told about the issue. Duke4.net has a general section, so...it's not 100% just about DN games is it.

Haha, you are barking up the wrong tree now. If it was up to me I would fix that for you by deleting that whole section. Be content with the action that has been taken. I would delete this whole OT discussion here but since I have been part of it I will recuse myself and let some other mod decide what to do about it.

User is offline   Sanek 

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You should considering having consistency with all the shadows in the scene since it's taking place outdoors.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Very Keen-like looking cool. :blink:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Force lightning!

User is offline   Jinroh 

Trooper Dan, on 22 March 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

Force lightning!

Oh nice. Even better than Jedi Knight 1.

User is offline   Gambini 

awesome!!

User is offline   Sanek 

Daedolon, on 22 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

You should considering having consistency with all the shadows in the scene since it's taking place outdoors.

It will actually be a very hard thing to do. These grass texture is not change it's brightness, and I have to make a separate texture for shadows. I'm actually thinking about making this map without any shadows at all (except indoor areas).

EDIT: If I will add shadows to the grass, it will look like this (see the attachment). It looks ugly. So I will either stick to sporadic shadows or not shadows at all.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0006.png

This post has been edited by Sanek: 23 March 2017 - 03:53 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What, are you using fullbright colours? I'd recommend you just use regular colours and change the map visibility to achieve the same effect, except you can then add shading to the map. Also, that wall on the far end needs a sloped shadow.

I think his design aims at cubic geometry and lighting. No sloped shadows.

User is offline   Maarten 

Some stuff :blink: Right now over 1050 sectors.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Space2.jpg

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That looks good!

Thanks! (Y)

+1 for your nickname btw! :blink:

This post has been edited by Maarten: 06 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

User is offline   quakis 

Nice to see you still mapping! Planning on including a self-written music track too on release? That'd be neat.

This post has been edited by quakis: 06 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

quakis, on 06 April 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Nice to see you still mapping! Planning on including a self-written music track too on release? That'd be neat.

Heh, yeah... I can't get away too long from build/mapster I guess :blink: I left it for a while, but especially in August/Sept en this month I've been building a LOT :blink: Possible one of my most free/fun projects I'm making.

And yes, I've lots of own music in my mind, so 95% chance I'll record a music track for this. Main problem is, since Windows 10 I can't record as good as I used to... I can't record with cable anymore, for a nice clean sound... :D Anyone familair with this?

User is online   Mark 

Post your sound card problem in the forum's Hardware thread with some details. There are a few people out here that might be able to help.

User is offline   Paul B 

Maarten, on 05 April 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Typically, i'm not a big fan of space maps and the ones i do enjoy are few and far between but this map looks really good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 06 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   CruX 

Maarten, on 05 April 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

reminds me of baptized in lunar dust. Is that incidental, or are loke's maps as much of an inspiration for you as they are for me?

User is offline   Sanek 

The last glimpse of 3D platformer. I would probably abandon this map, since nobody can help me with CON code, and I can't write a thing. I would probably start doing something more classic. I have a lot of ideas lately...

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Sanek, if you can wait 4 to 6 months, I can probably help you with the code. I coded a Mario TC with a lot of good stuff in it you could use, and I'm scared of Nintendo these days so I'm sure I will never try to revive it. But there's a lot of good jumping and platform features in there which could be ported over. Also we had the ? blocks which you could hit from underneath and make spawn things. Right now I am working on other projects which I expect to be done in about that timeframe.

User is offline   Sanek 

Trooper Dan, on 08 April 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Sanek, if you can wait 4 to 6 months, I can probably help you with the code. I coded a Mario TC with a lot of good stuff in it you could use, and I'm scared of Nintendo these days so I'm sure I will never try to revive it. But there's a lot of good jumping and platform features in there which could be ported over. Also we had the ? blocks which you could hit from underneath and make spawn things. Right now I am working on other projects which I expect to be done in about that timeframe.

Thanks Dan, but I will probably find a right man much faster than that. :blink:

CruX, on 06 April 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

reminds me of baptized in lunar dust. Is that incidental, or are loke's maps as much of an inspiration for you as they are for me?

Heh, that's funny... I never played that map! :blink: Honestly, I've haven't been active playing new maps at all last years (the only thing I played was the new official Duke Nukem Episode). But I'm aware this isn't the most original structure I made, so it's not that weird I guess :blink:

And Sanek, looks fun! It would be a shame to leave it. Take your time & try finishing it (Y)

Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

I don't know if that's the actual shots from the new episode or you just trolling us, but anyway - THIS GUN LOOKS AWESOME!

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options