Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTea Monster, on 11 September 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

I like the second one generally, but I think the first one will work better, and be more visible on the backgrounds you used in the first one.

The first one is a sprite for MUGEN (a 2D fighting game that lots of fans have contributed many characters to from different games). The second one is his edit to make it look more like Duke from Duke 3D.

User is offline   Mia Max 

The E-Cigarette is ready for use.

Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostTea Monster, on 11 September 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

I like the second one generally, but I think the first one will work better, and be more visible on the backgrounds you used in the first one.

I haven't tested the 2nd one on any scenes, but the Mugen Duke sprite is easier to use due to the fact that all the sprites are already done and I can edit them in some ways, but the con is that the sprites are limited and I'm no sprite artist, so I can't make more, I can only edit them.

The 2nd Duke is from me posing the 2007 DNF Duke model and using that model along with all the other game models I have at my finger tips allows for endless sprites to be made for me to use, allowing me to think up even more ideas for videos, could possibly even take another crack at my DN3D: Forever mod.

I'll be playing around with them once Part 3 is done though.

User is offline   Sanek 

Just can't decide whether it's good or bad for a starting point. Always had a confilct between a standard room or one sector with abdundance of sprites.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0072.png
  • Attached Image: duke0073.png

User is offline   BoowHow 

Again it's time for an update of my map:

The Starting Point [W.I.P]
Posted Image
An overwiew of the small street [W.I.P as there's some stuff missing I want to add]
Posted Image
A closer view of the gate [W.I.P]
Posted Image
The small area from the previus pic [could be still W.I.P. I'm not so sure if I need to add\change something]
Posted Image

Here I'm currently trying to build a small fast-food kitchen\trailer (whatever it's called)
Posted Image
However I'm not so sure how I'm supposed to build it, since I can't go into the "block" to edit it from the inside.
Also I'm also trying to put a sign in front of it with a logo on it, but I can't simply put a longer wall on top of it without affecting the ground.:D
Does somebody have an idea how I should build these two things?
I might add that in these pics there is currently no lightning in place. (It's currently in the same shade.)
Forget that last part I build something different there.

This post has been edited by BoowHow: 16 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

Made a sprite for a new enemy that could appear in a future level of mine. It's still WIP though.

Attached Image: armoured lizard.png

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I like the concept. Why not try adding some texture to the face mask? A little bit should go a long way from a solid color.

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 September 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

I like the concept. Why not try adding some texture to the face mask? A little bit should go a long way from a solid color.

I could try. Thank you for the advice. :D

User is offline   neoacix 

Houston, we got a problem.

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

GL blend support. It won't be as flexible as generating your own blend tables, but it will cover the common uses like additive blending.

Posted Image
Essentially you will add def code to tell GL which glBlendFunc parameters to use for a given blend ID.

User is offline   Jblade 

I don't know man, some of that looks much better than the blend table stuff (more specifically the blends in the second from right row, which all look like they just plain brighten the underlying texture up which I still don't know how to do with blend tables) that's great to see support added in, nice work.

User is offline   Kyanos 

That's awesome.
Can we do alt-pals with the blending?
If so, can you post a pic with a few colors of the additive/color lighten (column #9) rows 2&5 that look like light sources?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

There's no reason why it wouldn't work with alt-pals.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJblade, on 18 September 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

I don't know man, some of that looks much better than the blend table stuff (more specifically the blends in the second from right row, which all look like they just plain brighten the underlying texture up which I still don't know how to do with blend tables) that's great to see support added in, nice work.

You can do literally anything with blend tables, including everything in this screenshot, but there are no good tools available (yet) for non-programmers to make them.

View PostDrek, on 18 September 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

If so, can you post a pic with a few colors of the additive/color lighten (column #9) rows 2&5 that look like light sources?

Additive is column 6, row 5. Keep in mind these are also full intensity. There will be an additional dimension of 0-255 scaling available.

I'll make more screenshots and documentation when this is closer to being ready. This image is me having figured out the right place to plug in blend values to affect rotatesprite, and CON code to draw everything with blend IDs.

User is online   Mark 

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject. Is this basically going to allow a person to def in any texture to overlay and affect the underlying texture? Kind of like deff'ing in a detail texture? Or is it going to have limits?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 September 2016 - 05:27 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 September 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Another idea I'm thinking about playing around with once I've finished Part 3.
Posted Image

Thoughts?

The DNF one looks pretty great IMO, and would probably blend better with the Duke 3D sprites than the Mugen sprite did.

Hello all i am back working on my duke nukem vengeance mod ;)

http://www.mediafire...19-58-35-35.png

This post has been edited by duke a number1: 18 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostMark., on 18 September 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject. Is this basically going to allow a person to def in any texture to overlay and affect the underlying texture? Kind of like deff'ing in a detail texture? Or is it going to have limits?

So right now when you are in classic/software at least you can build a blend table which gets reference with the .blend member, so you can do things like create additive blending or whatever. It's just a reference number to whatever lookup table your blending starts at.

In GL there's a function that does the same thing but has a limited range of options (well, diverse but limited compared to classic since there it's a lookup table you could make any color do anything). From my reading you'd def references like "defineblend GL_ADDITIVE 140" and then in-game when you set the .blend member on a sprite to 140 it would be additively blended, just like if you had an additive blend lookup table at 140 in classic.

Posted Image

User is online   Mark 

I guess I'll just have to wait to see a practical application from an in game screenshot to fully understand it.

User is offline   Jblade 

in layman's terms it lets polymost use additive rendering like Half-life has (pic is in classic mode but it puts the point across, right is additive rendering and left is normal translucency)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ADDITIVE.jpg

User is online   Mark 

I was hoping it would also be a Polymer feature so that it could be used to make this texture without having to create it in Photoshop with mask and layers. It would save on having to place lights.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: example.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 September 2016 - 03:57 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

You can sort of do that - creating just a black and white sprite of the light effect and placing it on the wall with the right blend will recreate that without needing new textures and stuff ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 19 September 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

You can sort of do that - creating just a black and white sprite of the light effect and placing it on the wall with the right blend will recreate that without needing new textures and stuff ;)

Indeed. Additive blending doesn't look too bad for this purpose. Although I'm sure there's an even better way of doing it than shown here.

Posted Image

User is online   Mark 

OK. So I would still have to place the sprite on the wall? I hoped the def or con would blend the 2 and I would only need to place the texture already combined by the engine on the wall.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah it doesn't work like that, you need to place sprites. With what you're describing, you must as well batch-blend some textures in photoshop to create new ones.

Of course lighting is only only of the many applications.

User is online   Mark 

Having to make the new textures or placing sprites ( with our various transparency issues ) is what I was hoping to avoid. So I guess blending offers nothing for me at the moment. ;) But then, I'm not the most creative thinker out here so I could be missing out on some other usage.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Kiss all those Polymer bugs goodbye and bake lightmaps for all your models. Who needs dynamic lighting anyway?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

TROR planning. Sector 0 is the foundation, very important to get sector 0 right.

The void spaces are to become buildings, I layout outside first, then knock out space for TROR stairs, going to be making the first extension soon. This map has been a long time in my head, it feels good to finally start making it.

User is offline   BoowHow 

Posted Image

Apparantly Pigs Can't drive. (and shading is still missing ;))

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options