Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Dunno if anyone saw, but I fixed the Polymer issue yesterday. Still hunting for the cause of the bug affecting level progression.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Any progress on MD3 normals?

There is a reason I'm asking...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 02 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nice, a close-up of the Cycloid's Enormous Tool.

This latest push introduced a bunch more bugs and I need to study Zen Meditation in order to look through the diffs and find them all.

User is offline   Mia Max 

Here's an update on my Stirling engine. Almost done.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jolteon 

What level of mine would be complete without a freezer with a blue Octabrain in it? :D

Attached Image: capt0053.png

Probably the smallest (and most cramped) freezer that I've ever made so far.

View PostJolteon, on 04 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

What level of mine would be complete without a freezer with a blue Octabrain in it? :D

Attachment capt0053.png

Probably the smallest (and most cramped) freezer that I've ever made so far.

Looks a bit like the one from Missing Impossible, that one was quite cramped up as well ^^

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 05 September 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Looks a bit like the one from Missing Impossible, that one was quite cramped up as well ^^

Looks more like Hillary's vgina in the cold rainy night

View PostSanek, on 05 September 2016 - 01:59 AM, said:

Looks more like Hillary's vgina in the cold rainy night

Since I'm French this doesn't mean anything to me ^^;
Although it's true that Hillary has a fair bit of negative reputation over here but not as much as "You-Know-Who" >_>

BTW Jolteon you're working on an episode or just individual maps ? I believe it's an episode but I'm not sure IRC ...

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 05 September 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

BTW Jolteon you're working on an episode or just individual maps ? I believe it's an episode but I'm not sure IRC ...

I'm only working on individual maps now. However this map is actually a sequel to my other map EDF Outpost. Maybe one of these days, I could turn these maps into a episode (Although I'm not sure if Mars Donalds would fit in though).

User is online   FistMarine 

View PostJolteon, on 05 September 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'm only working on individual maps now. However this map is actually a sequel to my other map EDF Outpost. Maybe one of these days, I could turn these maps into a episode (Although I'm not sure if Mars Donalds would fit in though).

You could make Mars Donalds the secret level in the episode.

View PostFistMarine, on 05 September 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

You could make Mars Donalds the secret level in the episode.

That could work. I'll keep that in mind when I turn all these maps into a episode. (When I do so of course) :D

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 05 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

User is offline   BoowHow 

It's Time for an Update on my Map:
Updated the big Room (wich I'm now simply calling Main Subway Staion)
Posted Image
Other Side
Posted Image
Updated the Exit Room
Posted Image
Posted Image
An Office Room located a a different part of the Map [W.I.P]
Posted Image
Hallway leading to the Office [also W.I.P]
Posted Image
That's it for the moment.

PS: BTW how does the lightning look in comparison to my earlier pics?
Does it still look dull and unrealistic or does it look better?

Finally the Stirling engine makes some kind of sense :D It's already full animated. The dodecahedron is an alien radar that has to be destroyed.

Now it's time to make the map.
What do you think about the combination of highres-models/textures and classic style?
I'd like to keep the monsters, weapons etc. as sprites and use classic textures mostly.
This will keep the framerate high and loading times low.

Posted Image

EDIT: Oh, and the dodecahedron has 12 polygons only :D

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 07 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMia Max, on 06 September 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

What do you think about the combination of highres-models/textures and classic style?

I think it will look good as long as you have a consistent style that doesn't clash with the 8-bit assets. In your screen, for example, it looks fine because the model is very industrial, almost like it could be made out of sectors.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostBoowHow, on 06 September 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

It's looking much better now that you're adding lighting.

The only thing I could suggest would be to make sure that when you have walls that are perpendicular to each other, that you give one of them a different shade (2-3 values) different from the one next to it.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Flamethrower!

• Polymancer

No,that's not right at all, it dosen't look like someone has smeared paint on it, and it's wayyyy too high res :D

Mia Max - You can use Blender's edge split modifier to clean up those edges and make the flat surfaces actually look flat in game. The machines look good, but they stand out from the sprites and textures. Maybe pixelate your textures a bit or make the textures use a more contrasty skin to try and help them blend in a bit.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 06 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostFox, on 06 September 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Where does this sprite come from actually ?

Is it taken from the upcoming "World Tour" thing or is it an unused sprite for the what the Freezethrower was meant to be in beta with a higher resolution ?
Looks good either way, still better than just swapping colors

View PostTea Monster, on 06 September 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

No,that's not right at all, it dosen't look like someone has smeared paint on it, and it's wayyyy too high res :D

Mia Max - You can use Blender's edge split modifier to clean up those edges and make the flat surfaces actually look flat in game. The machines look good, but they stand out from the sprites and textures. Maybe pixelate your textures a bit or make the textures use a more contrasty skin to try and help them blend in a bit.

You have a very sharp look. I had forgotten to use the edge split modifier on some objects. Thank you :D

Do you know a other way to make surfaces look flat? In Blender, it is possible to mark sharp edges in Edit Mode. But this won't bring the same result.

This post has been edited by Mia Max: 07 September 2016 - 05:23 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 06 September 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

Where does this sprite come from actually ?

Is it taken from the upcoming "World Tour" thing or is it an unused sprite for the what the Freezethrower was meant to be in beta with a higher resolution ?
Looks good either way, still better than just swapping colors

It's an attempt to recreate it, but not sucking as much as it does in World Tour...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 07 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostFox, on 06 September 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

*Incinerator pic*

:D

Here is another pic of the original in "shooting stance" for comparison.

Edit : Someone please code it to work and behave like we can guess it does from the trailer video and screenshot!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: vlcsnap-2016-09-07-16h47m33s230.png

This post has been edited by MetHy: 07 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

User is offline   neoacix 

Damn, this whole World Tour thing brought me back to Duke once again.
And now I'm into mapster once again, mapping a new idea.
Fuck my life, don't know if I ever finish this map, don't know how exactly it should look like, but for damn sure:
It's gonna kick ass! :D

And for this time, it's gonna be a Duke3D vanilla map.

Edit: Draw the first section, want to make something cool and got bugs allready. ^^
Oh well, Duke3D, you're one kind of a beast!

This post has been edited by neoacix: 07 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

• Polymancer

View PostMia Max, on 07 September 2016 - 05:18 AM, said:

You have a very sharp look. I had forgotten to use the edge split modifier on some objects. Thank you :D

Do you know a other way to make surfaces look flat? In Blender, it is possible to mark sharp edges in Edit Mode. But this won't bring the same result.

The edge-split modifier usually works for me. You can just set all the faces to 'flat' rather than smooth, but you loose any control you have that way. Remember that with MD3's it will break smooth groups on UV islands. You can use that to your advantage and create islands of what you want flat. One other answer is to add more geometry.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Loke has made a teaser trailer for the AMC TC Episode 3. The episode is slightly past the half-finished mark. In case it isn't obvious, the egyptian levels draw a lot of inspiration from Powerslave and other egypt-themed games.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 08 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostMicky C, on 08 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Loke has made a teaser trailer for the AMC TC Episode 3. The episode is slightly past the half-finished mark. In case it isn't obvious, the egyptian levels draw a lot of inspiration from Powerslave and other egypt-themed games.

Groovy! :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostBoowHow, on 06 September 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

PS: BTW how does the lightning look in comparison to my earlier pics?
Does it still look dull and unrealistic or does it look better?

It looks great! Reminds me of 3DR maps now.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMicky C, on 08 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Oh boy look at all this Powerslave art! No, but I do like what I see.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Another idea I'm thinking about playing around with once I've finished Part 3.
Posted Image

Thoughts?

• Polymancer

I like the second one generally, but I think the first one will work better, and be more visible on the backgrounds you used in the first one.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options