Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 August 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Related to that point: Now it will be obvious which direction it is facing, and when you walk into a room with a bunch of slimes, you will see them all instantly turn to face you, which will look weird.

Weird, or creepy as hell? Posted Image

Hey Tea Monster, if you're working on Duke models, would you consider going back and finishing the enforcer, trooper and pigcop you were working on?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, I believe it should be less of a distinct shape and more of a random blob of gelatinous lifeform. But only so much you can do with EDuke32 I suppose. Still it'd be nice to test the limits. I picture it leaving trails and big sloppy messes of something akin to the orange, blue, and white goo from Portal 2. The trail could have a highly slick appearance on the floor and you'd know when they're around (not that you wouldn't anyway).

I'm derailing.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Working on a massive refactoring of a lot of the Duke3D-specific code in EDuke32. It's a rewrite for readability in the hopes that it makes the code easier to understand and inspires more people who don't have a hardcore C programming background to contribute.

Reminds me of the creature in the 1987 film The Hidden.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Oh man, one of the few movies I could ever rate 10/10 on IMDb.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I love those ideas. When/if NG gets finished, the community should make their own 'sequel' to Duke Nukem featuring new enemies and settings.

As to the shape of the slimer, I followed the shape of the sprite pretty accurately. A lot of it's shapelessness will come from the animation.

Jeez Mark - once mentioned, can not be un-seen!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 14 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

The way the slimers sprites animate, I always pictured them to move like some kind of jelly blob, you know just without the jelly. Like, their moving forward actually comes from them moving part of their inner body forward inside their body. Hard to explain but I'm sure you know what I mean.

In that sense it would kind of weird if they all looked to the same, especially considering they often come in group. It's not something that was a problem with sprites but which would be with 3D models. Would be nice if you could have different moving animations with different shapes so they don't all look the same.

Then again I'm not your audiance, so don't listen to me.

• Polymancer

I want to make the game as 'cool' as possible, so that is a great idea. Having special behaviors is a good idea, but it would require special con code to achieve, which I know SFA about myself, but I don't mind doing some extra animations to the model (after the mod is released) if someone else can get the coding done.

How easy would it be to get the model to leave a trail of sprites, like Duke's footprints? If it could do that, we could create a 'slime trail' sprite that could be left behind as it travels.

User is online   Mark 

I took a look at the slimer model in the HRP and it seems to have a hardcoded spin along with the model's own pulsing animation. So having a noticable front may not look right. I guess we'll see when it gets in the game for testing.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Have some free time, working on little art pack for mods and maps. It will be totally free and useful. Unfortunately, I do not want to share with screens right now. Just want to warm up the interest. Posted Image

User is online   Mark 

8-bit?

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMark., on 14 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

8-bit?

yep.

User is offline   Jblade 

Sounds great, looking forward to it :P

User is online   Mark 

No pics? At least give us a hint if they are city based, space station based, enemies, weapons, etc...

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMark., on 14 August 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

No pics? At least give us a hint if they are city based, space station based, enemies, weapons, etc...

I really do not want to tell more info right now, you will see the pics before the release. Coming soon. Posted Image

• Polymancer

Interest is never a problem here :P

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostTea Monster, on 14 August 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

I love those ideas. When/if NG gets finished, the community should make their own 'sequel' to Duke Nukem featuring new enemies and settings.

Love this idea. And, for the record, I am onboard for music if it gets any interest and traction at all for somebody to start forming a team.

As to the shape of the slimer, I followed the shape of the sprite pretty accurately. A lot of it's shapelessness will come from the animation.

Please don't get me wrong. My comment about it being less of an actual formed shape lifeform and fears of the animation only underlining that was an observation of the limitations of EDuke32...unless that can be worked around somehow.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Just started working on next map. This is the starting area of the map.

Attached Image: capt0049.png

User is offline   Mia Max 

Finally I've found a CAD software that allows me to edit the mesh. (FreeCAD)

It's a bevel gear (overdimensioned) with 2716 triangles. It's still much, but there are a lot of curves.

Posted Image

I've also made a gear in mapster32.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Duke1.jpg
  • Attached Image: Duke2.jpg

Metal...Gear.... :P

I took CAD in high school, and the stuff I made (a truck I think?) did not look nearly that good.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMia Max, on 16 August 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

I've also made a gear in mapster32.

I'd recommend placing the rotation SE sprites in the bottom as well as the top. You can see there's a bit of a separation during the rotation, since there's a slight delay in TROR's updating. Putting the sprites in all sectors that rotate should fix that.

User is offline   Mia Max 

View PostMicky C, on 16 August 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

I'd recommend placing the rotation SE sprites in the bottom as well as the top. You can see there's a bit of a separation during the rotation, since there's a slight delay in TROR's updating. Putting the sprites in all sectors that rotate should fix that.

Thank you. I didn't recognize it before.

View PostJolteon, on 16 August 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Just started working on next map. This is the starting area of the map.

Attachment capt0049.png

Nice :P looks like we have similar ideas in mind, mines on a moonbase though. about two weeks from completion if all goes well. ( also starting area )

Posted Image

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 16 August 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Nice :D looks like we have similar ideas in mind, mines on a moonbase though. about two weeks from completion if all goes well. ( also starting area )

I find that is a coincidence that both of our levels are both prison levels. B) Anyways, your level is looking cool. :P

User is offline   BoowHow 

Small Update on that Map I'm working on:
Posted Image
Posted Image
For the Moment I'm building it as a Subway with some kind of Power Plant next to it.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Spiker 

What's that? Oh, wait Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Is that skin? Is this some kind of armour on a creature? I'm intrigued...

User is offline   Spiker 

it shows like max 2% of this awesome thing Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

That's what I'm gathering.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options