Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 325 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   11bush 

I made these for a Korean war thing I was working on, I could totally lose the parka and make it WW2, I have most of the frames done for it.

edit: Actually I just took the hour and made a new one, seeing as I don't have much going on right now, it's really early so far, and no detail added yet.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: TESTGUYWW2DUKE.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 08 December 2020 - 10:06 PM

User is offline   11bush 

Sorry for blowing it up, here is the last one, I get worked up when people make war mods :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: TESTGUYWW2DUKE.png

User is offline   11bush 

I have been going a little bit hard on this thing this afternoon. I just made everything new from scratch since I have some time :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ww2duke1.png

User is offline   11bush 

Ok, apologies again for all the posts, I finished up a BAR gunner :lol:

It's hard to get the colors right on the duke pal.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: rangerbar.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 09 December 2020 - 08:50 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Don't apologise, you're doing a great job!

If only you were there 15 years ago...we would have smtn like NAM HD at this point. :lol:

User is offline   11bush 

View PostSanek, on 10 December 2020 - 03:29 AM, said:

If only you were there 15 years ago...we would have smtn like NAM HD at this point. :lol:

Haha, I wish! I was obsessed with making things for NAM between like 1998 and 2000, then I stopped until a couple years ago when I came back and started obsessing again :lol:

I tried to make the character as close as I could to the original style as WW2GI, but military colors are really hard to get in the duke palette.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: rangerbarlowres.png

User is offline   Sanek 

View Post11bush, on 10 December 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

Haha, I wish! I was obsessed with making things for NAM between like 1998 and 2000, then I stopped until a couple years ago when I came back and started obsessing again :lol:

Do you ever released something for it, publicly? Would like to see it.

And yeah, I was obsessed with NAM too for a while.
WW2GI to a lesser extent (since the basic game is meh), but I always felt that it could be a great mod-making tool if only there would be more interest for the game. I dreamed about making some kind of stealth-based addon for it, when you sneak into the enemy's bases while trying to avoid the patrolmen. Ahh..

User is offline   11bush 

View PostSanek, on 10 December 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

Do you ever released something for it, publicly? Would like to see it.

And yeah, I was obsessed with NAM too for a while.
WW2GI to a lesser extent (since the basic game is meh), but I always felt that it could be a great mod-making tool if only there would be more interest for the game. I dreamed about making some kind of stealth-based addon for it, when you sneak into the enemy's bases while trying to avoid the patrolmen. Ahh..

I made a TC called the Tunnelrat TC with a bunch of other guys, but that was around 1999 so it's lost to time now :lol: I wish I could find it.
I have mostly been making weapons and characters, art, nothing major just stuff so I can get baked and play through the game again keeping it somewhat fresh.

User is offline   Sangman 

WIP

https://i.imgur.com/ygKya4J.png

https://i.imgur.com/RQ2v2Xv.png

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostSangman, on 11 December 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

WIP

Looks cool!

User is offline   Merlijn 

That looks sweet Sang! Also, as one of the testers I can't wait until Aleks releases his new work. :)

Here's another small preview from me, expect a lot of strong lightning/shadows and alternative pals in SG4.
Pal 2 is king!
Attached Image: duke0137.png

User is offline   brullov 

• BAZINGA!

My previous screenshot wasn't fake (as I usually post). Today I want to announce Duke Nukem 3D: Fallout Freeze — a mod that includes one user map for Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition with custom art and code. It’s a Christmas themed mod whose main task is to bring a holiday atmosphere, but keep the vanilla style. The level takes place in a captured by the aliens shopping mall “Queen's Mall”. Although the first part of the map is linear, the second part is designed for fully free exploration.

https://sun9-4.userapi.com/impg/IIdqsMZVYJJXLeezwYQ0jmlzCxPsH7eN_v22yw/98UV42sWRDM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=f9b3d5f1bb9b86807eea6e79def74dcb&type=album

https://sun9-65.userapi.com/impg/Ta3glwugL8KLNeeLMwz3RilpUcfeoy2-DAxyrQ/VR5D7P5pqVc.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=bfb43546cdadbb7f7c13be345ba67d15&type=album

User is offline   quakis 

@brullov: I'm loving the attention to detail and texturing, but Ithe lighting feels monotone across all three screenshots it may be reducing the potential visual variety between areas. The shopping mall scene posted earlier has enough lights to be more brightly lit in places and strong shadows in others. The warehouse area above could also possibly be broken up with small patches of light and several dark corners. Throw in contrasting variation between light and dark using bigger number values, I honestly believe that breaking up the monotony could be a compliment to the atmosphere to certain areas, so when you purposely need monotone lighting to depict a certain mood it won't feel like every other location we've traversed in the level.

Also great to know you're planning on releasing this one!

User is offline   Aleks 

@ Merlijn:

Thanks for mentioning it - if everything goes as planned, I'm hoping to release it on Monday, which marks 17 years since the release of Alex City ;)

Love how the shadows generate the ambience on that screen of yours!

@ Brullov:

Great screens, as with the previous one you posted, love the attention paid to details (the gradient light from the lamp on 2nd screen looks neat). Also, at least judging by these screens, it seems the new art blends nicely with original tiles, isn't overused and still leaves room for some creative texture use (like the post office door texture used for the poles of stairs on 1st shot).

@ Sang:

That first screen looks really cool, reminds me of something from Star Wars (thinking about it, there's something reminiscent of Star Wars on the 2nd one too). Maybe that ground texture on the bottom floor would look better without "extended" bit, so it's larger - as now the repeat pattern looks a bit weird with that characteristic thing.

• BAZINGA!

View Postquakis, on 12 December 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

@brullov: I'm loving the attention to detail and texturing, but Ithe lighting feels monotone across all three screenshots it may be reducing the potential visual variety between areas. The shopping mall scene posted earlier has enough lights to be more brightly lit in places and strong shadows in others. The warehouse area above could also possibly be broken up with small patches of light and several dark corners. Throw in contrasting variation between light and dark using bigger number values, I honestly believe that breaking up the monotony could be a compliment to the atmosphere to certain areas, so when you purposely need monotone lighting to depict a certain mood it won't feel like every other location we've traversed in the level.

Also great to know you're planning on releasing this one!

Thanks! Monotone lighting is done on purpose to make it feel dark, blend and serious in some way. The atmosphere I feel in early 2000s shooters.

User is offline   jimbob 

View Post11bush, on 08 December 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Man if you are making a ww2 mod, can I make anything for you? Totally cool if you want to do it on your own, but I have been working on some troops and stuff.

I've been working on some european style trees and stuff as well.

i can always use trees, bushes, grass and stuff. :)
possibly some general architecture textures, buildings walls etc.
and maps, as much as i like mapping, it soaks up a tremendous amount of time.

This post has been edited by jimbob: 12 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

User is offline   11bush 

View PostSanek, on 10 December 2020 - 03:29 AM, said:

You know what, I'm gonna try to make a NAM HD :lol:

• BAZINGA!

I've just reached the sprite limitation. I was so worried about the wall limit so I created a lot of things with sprites to save some wall count. Now I will have to cut some things to balance between those two limits and ship the mod. Sad, cause I have a lot of ideas which won't be present at this level.

https://sun9-22.userapi.com/impg/_kMDhtKgO6df0_gpdk6VRmwEBI0uSzk3AUb23A/OpcyzWQjUco.jpg?size=1169x676&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=d5fe90dc9e7185bc616514a6c1da2761&type=album

This post has been edited by brullov: 18 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postbrullov, on 18 December 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

I've just reached the sprite limitation.

That looks awesome, but keep in mind that hundreds of additional sprites spawn in during gameplay (decals, jibs, smoke, debris, bloodpools, etc.) Depending on the mod, it could even be a few thousand sprites at certain times. So if you have more than 12K sprites in your map, don't be surprised if you get "too many sprites spawned" crashes when playing.

• BAZINGA!

View PostDanukem, on 18 December 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

That looks awesome, but keep in mind that hundreds of additional sprites spawn in during gameplay (decals, jibs, smoke, bloodpools, etc.) Depending on the mod, it could even be a few thousand sprites at certain times. So if you have more than 12K sprites in your map, don't be surprised if you get "too many sprites spawned" crashes when playing.

Oh, looks like I will have to avoid using snow...

User is offline   jimbob 

Sweet jeebus that looks complex

User is offline   Sangman 

Makes me wish Mapster32 had more options to toggle visibility of elements in 2D mode. There is the greying out of sectors in a different TROR layer (or I think it might just be dependent on Z coordinates) but it doesn't quite go far enough IMO

User is offline   Gambini 

This page looks like from another time, lots of great screenshots!

Specially love that red thing Merlijn!

User is offline   Mark 

View PostSangman, on 20 December 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Makes me wish Mapster32 had more options to toggle visibility of elements in 2D mode. There is the greying out of sectors in a different TROR layer (or I think it might just be dependent on Z coordinates) but it doesn't quite go far enough IMO

Yes, it would be great to be able to toggle off the sprites when zooming in on the map.

User is offline   Paul B 

I'll just drop this right here. I really need to work on my shading with this map. That's one of my goals but I've just started up again.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by Paul B: 21 December 2020 - 10:59 PM

User is offline   quakis 

@Paul B - a new map in the works is great news. Played through your entire back catelogue this year and pretty much enjoyed my time with them all. Looking forward to this.

User is offline   11bush 

I'm just replacing the allies in ww2gi, I have most of my first frames done.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: rangerww2gi.png

• BAZINGA!

Almost done. Testing, fixing bugs etc. Preparing for the release.

https://sun9-33.userapi.com/impg/u7SXS5u5qG7d3xQ1vLlc54NgKZO5KCPj4SymsA/OjDMEMQgJ5E.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=a13db6efade6b5a71425012b1812422b&type=album

Update on the redesign. Still need to either add bones to the current hair. Or find a better hair that better fits the original girls long hair. Female model is from Duke Nukem Forever.

NSFW

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 27 December 2020 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   Mark 

No small, wimpy shark sprites here. Its scarier seeing them in motion. I still have to do the open mouth attack frames for when they get close.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0004.jpg

Share this topic:

• 325 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options