Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Marya 

is the new episode released?

User is online   Phredreeke 

The new episode is space gladiators.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Version 3.1 is up

https://www.moddb.co...pace-gladiators

Changelog:

Spoiler

I'm hoping this is it until the next big update which won't be for a long time. Unless it isn't.

User is offline   jeremy7986 

LAMO Love this one

https://imgur.com/sLwLAxl

View PostTrooper Dan, on 11 March 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'm hoping this is it until the next big update which won't be for a long time. Unless it isn't.

Looking forward! This mod is a real masterpiece! ;)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am playing the original Duke3D episodes with Bombshell right now. It's an absolute delight. Not only due to the new weapons - since enemies are also different, it adds a certain surprise element which spices up things quite a bit.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjeremy7986, on 12 March 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

LAMO Love this one

https://imgur.com/sLwLAxl

I see you have unlocked the holoduke's true form, the holo t-bagger!

User is offline   ViDi 

Red card shrinker in Toxic Dump can't shrink Duke. But after one shot from almost any gun it suddenly works again.

The same goes for the boss of the first episode - he can't hit you from his minigun until you shoot him from a certain weapon.

This post has been edited by ViDi: 12 March 2020 - 05:51 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostViDi, on 12 March 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

Would you mind checking that with an earlier EDuke32 snapshot? I did throw in the latest just released snapshot at the last second for version 3.10. Could be unrelated, but I've seen some weird bugs caused by updates.

EDIT: Also I can't replicate it (at least the shrinker one -- the Battlelord is a little harder to get to so I didn't even try). I give myself the chaingun, stand that same distance in front of the shrinker in that level and it works on me without firing any weapons. Tested twice.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 12 March 2020 - 11:03 PM

• The Truth is in here

I just passed this with 3.01 and latest EDuke32 snapshot and had no issues getting shrunk in Toxic Dump. Need to try with 3.1.

User is offline   ViDi 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 12 March 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Would you mind checking that with an earlier EDuke32 snapshot? I did throw in the latest just released snapshot at the last second for version 3.10. Could be unrelated, but I've seen some weird bugs caused by updates.

EDIT: Also I can't replicate it (at least the shrinker one -- the Battlelord is a little harder to get to so I didn't even try). I give myself the chaingun, stand that same distance in front of the shrinker in that level and it works on me without firing any weapons. Tested twice.

I tried to replicate red card shrinker situation few times again, but now it works fine. Like nothing ever happened. Then I decided to check The Abyss, and guess what - the shrinker shots go through Duke like he's not even there. The same with the Battlelord - he wasn't able to hit me. I think this is an occasional thing, at least it looks like one.
Haven't tried other snapshots yet.

User is offline   ViDi 

I think I figured out what causing this - the situation occurs every time after the slide kick was performed. It goes for the Battlelord as well.

User is offline   Sangman 

I've had a blast with this, nice work ;)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Finally had time to start this mod now. Is it meant to be played with visibility maxed out? Because I can't see anything in the hub level.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I’ve finished the new episode, which is my first playtime with anything Duke related in quite a while, possibly since the 2nd version was released. It was a fun and fresh experience. It was nice to see some story given throughout. The voice acting was pretty good too.

I also agree that the hub level is too dark. I was also a bit disappointed that the hub was fairly static in that conversations didn’t change as you progressed through the mission.

The final boss fight was quite challenging and fun, which is a big accomplishment IMO. Who built the final maps?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRADAЯ, on 13 March 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Finally had time to start this mod now. Is it meant to be played with visibility maxed out? Because I can't see anything in the hub level.

I think you are exaggerating but yeah parts of it are dark. Might depend on your monitor, too, I have no trouble seeing my way around with default brightness.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostViDi, on 13 March 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

I think I figured out what causing this - the situation occurs every time after the slide kick was performed. It goes for the Battlelord as well.

Nice detective work. Now that you mention it, I'm sure you are right. You see, the slidekick is supposed to make shots miss you, but only while performing it. Must be a logic error allowing that to persist. If you want to be a beta tester in the future, consider yourself hired.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 March 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Nice detective work. Now that you mention it, I'm sure you are right. You see, the slidekick is supposed to make shots miss you, but only while performing it. Must be a logic error allowing that to persist. If you want to be a beta tester in the future, consider yourself hired.
hmm does quick kicking fix it?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMarya, on 13 March 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

hmm does quick kicking fix it?

Hittability gets restored if the slidekick runs its course, but if something causes it to cancel early then the code to restore hittability doesn't execute. Most likely he was tapping on the move backwards key to cancel out of it. Anyway I have already fixed it, just haven't updated the upload yet.

• The Truth is in here

Since I am sure this just requires some con tweaks: Is it possible to provide the slidekick fix separately as a patch file? Would be cool if it wasn't necessary to download the entire mod again just for a few KB that changed.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

Since I am sure this just requires some con tweaks: Is it possible to provide the slidekick fix separately as a patch file? Would be cool if it wasn't necessary to download the entire mod again just for a few KB that changed.

Yeah, try this:

https://www.moddb.co...lien-armageddon

I now realize that the same slidekick bug is responsible for those times when enemies would refuse to shoot at the player (they were checking the hitscan bit before firing).

• The Truth is in here

Splendid. Thanks a lot! Seems this was indeed an important find.

User is offline   ViDi 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 March 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

If you want to be a beta tester in the future, consider yourself hired.

Sounds interesting.

User is offline   Merlijn 

View PostMicky C, on 13 March 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

The final boss fight was quite challenging and fun, which is a big accomplishment IMO. Who built the final maps?

Forge built the ruins, I designed Illegal Alien. Although Dan added most of the gameplay, including the final boss fight.
Glad to hear so many positive responses! ;)

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

I'm having some issues here. After the Dukeboss logo, all I get is a black screen and audio. Apparently I still can interact with the menus despite not seeing anything, but once I start the game, nothing happens. The map never loads.

Attached File(s)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDr.Panico, on 14 March 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'm having some issues here. After the Dukeboss logo, all I get is a black screen and audio. Apparently I still can interact with the menus despite not seeing anything, but once I start the game, nothing happens. The map never loads.

I've heard that there are some systems that can't use the 32-bit renderers and get a black screen. Here's a report about that:

https://forums.duke4...post__p__337133

According to that report, if it's the same issue then you should be able to run eduke32 with versions 7241 and earlier. Unfortunately, AA requires features from later versions. Still if you want to try vanilla Duke 3D with the latest exe included in AA, you could at least confirm that it's an EDuke32 issue.

Go ahead and try using the software (classic) renderer and see what happens. As of AA 3.1, software rendering is pretty well supported.

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 March 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

I've heard that there are some systems that can't use the 32-bit renderers and get a black screen. Here's a report about that:

https://forums.duke4...post__p__337133

According to that report, if it's the same issue then you should be able to run eduke32 with versions 7241 and earlier. Unfortunately, AA requires features from later versions. Still if you want to try vanilla Duke 3D with the latest exe included in AA, you could at least confirm that it's an EDuke32 issue.

Go ahead and try using the software (classic) renderer and see what happens. As of AA 3.1, software rendering is pretty well supported.

It works! Thanks!

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDr.Panico, on 14 March 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

It works! Thanks!

Cool! I sure hope that the EDuke32 devs try to address the underlying issue preventing some players from using Polymost.

User is offline   Jim 

Is the entire space gladiator episode going to be multiplayer like? with respawns? Or will the later maps be more traditional single player?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Is there a description any where on how to play the ABC gladiator matches? I don't know what to do, other than the aliens keep winning.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRADAЯ, on 14 March 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Is there a description any where on how to play the ABC gladiator matches? I don't know what to do, other than the aliens keep winning.

Stand on the lettered sector until it turns blue. Badguys will try to stand on it and turn it red. Your team gets points per second depending on how many of the A, B, C sectors you control. You also get a few points for killing members of the other team, but mainly you kill them to keep them off your lawn.

I thought everyone automatically knew how to play Control / King of the hill ;)

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options