Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostPhredreeke, on 07 May 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Ok. I found this kinda amusing, Shelly got stuck inside a mirror

*snip*

i've played DukeBurger in duo mode at least a dozen times, and the companion bot gets stuck in the mirror in that map every single time.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Does the bot walk into the sector, or just suddenly appear there? If the player gets separated from the bot for a certain length of time, the bot will sneakily teleport to a nearby sector in order to catch up. It could be that it's picking that mirror sector as the catch-up point.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yeah, she got lost then teleported there. Not the only one who got stuck there though!

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hmm, enemies don't do the teleport thing. I'll just have to assume that part is a rare fluke. As for bots, if there's some kind of tag on the mirror sector I can easily prevent them from teleporting to it.

Yeah, I ended up in there myself too and had to noclip out =P Just finished Mr. Splashy (and missed the secret exit in Market Melee...)

User is offline   Marya 

Anything new?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMarya, on 09 June 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Anything new?

We're working on the next episode. If you got to the end of the enhanced DC add-on, then you know what it's about. It will have a lot of new content. If Forge or sebabdukeboss20 feel like posting a screenshot, maybe you'll see something. Everything is WIP though.

Wow, really? When I asked you if you had considered remaking the first two Duke Nukem games as Duke Nukem 3D episodes, you told me you were getting tired of working on Duke Nukem 3D stuff.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 09 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 09 June 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Wow, really? When I asked you if you had considered remaking the first two Duke Nukem games as Duke Nukem 3D episodes, you told me you were getting tired of working on Duke Nukem 3D stuff.

Yeah but I still want to finish what we started. That's perfectly consistent with not wanting to take on another new Duke Nukem project.

This next episode will be very different, though. There's more story and meaningful NPC interactions, and the gameplay will be focused on matches (DM, CTF, and more). That makes my job more interesting, since I have to create new systems from scratch.

As for Duke, he's still one of two player characters, but I don't want to emphasize him as much.

Well, when I suggested remaking the first two Duke Nukem games, I meant it as additional episodes for Alien Armaggedon, since you brought back Dr. Proton. But hey, fair enough.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 09 June 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Well, when I suggested remaking the first two Duke Nukem games, I meant it as additional episodes for Alien Armaggedon, since you brought back Dr. Proton. But hey, fair enough.

With the limited mapper resources we have, I would rather finish the storyline and make new stuff.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 09 June 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

When you suggested remaking something you wanted, Dan already had an entire story-board written out and sets of code framed. Also, a couple maps had been started and/or planned.
Most of it was rolling before AA 2 was released.
There were actually one or two more episodes that were planned as follow-ups to complete the story-board, but they'll probably never see the light of day due to the lack of available and/or dedicated mappers.

Dan already told everyone he was done with Duke for awhile after this project. Sorry you didn't get the memo.
(not to contradict Dan, but he said he would help WG if William decided to work on a new WGRealms - I don't know how binding that agreement was, but that was quite awhile ago before he decided he needed a break - that might be the one exception)

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on 09 June 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

There's actually one or two more episodes that were planned as follow-ups to complete the story-board, but they'll probably never see the light of day due to the lack of available and/or dedicated mappers.

One episode after gladiator is planned. I very much want that to happen. It wouldn't have to be a long episode, just 3 maps or so to finish the story and do it justice.

User is offline   Forge 

I know you mentioned one, but all those events could have taken 2 - if there were enough mappers to pull it off. It almost would have been episode 2 & 1 from the original game in reverse order.

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

WGR2020 is the most anticipated game for me right now.

User is offline   Forge 

Yeah?
I randomly tested a couple levels, there was some issue with level transitioning code, then he said he had to work on the maps. That was back in the first week of February. He could be working on it. Maybe. It's possible.

This post has been edited by Forge: 10 June 2019 - 09:07 PM

I was just asked this. The upscaling setting when using the classic renderer is unrelated to my upscale pack. That option makes the game render at half resolution then stretches it to twice the size, it's a performance boost at expense of more pixellised visuals.

It is AFAIK impossible to toggle between upscaled and original sprites in-game with AA.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 12 June 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

It is AFAIK impossible to toggle between upscaled and original sprites in-game with AA.

To make it possible I would have to put the upscaled sprites on different tile numbers from the low resolution sprites, and then rewrite the code and add an in-game menu for it. It just seems much easier for the player to make up their mind about it before starting the game, and launch with a .bat file if they want upscales. At some point we may get rid of the choice altogether and just use upscales. The new characters, enemies and weapons are all higher definition than the original sprites, anyway.

Also a reminder: the only reason code hacks are necessary for upscaled sprites is due to palette swaps. If we didn't care about using palette swaps, then all the upscales could be added via the texture def command like in the HRP, and that would be the end of it. But since we are using Lezing's extended palette and a lot of palette swaps, we really want to keep that feature.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting adding such a feature

View PostTrooper Dan, on 12 June 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

If we didn't care about using palette swaps, then all the upscales could be added via the texture def command like in the HRP, and that would be the end of it.

The upscaled sprites look a lot better in AA thanks to being able to use palette emulation (especially after my update to the fullbrights). I hope that Polymost will eventually be able to pass the hi-res sprites through the palette emulation shader.

Posted Image

User is offline   Marya 

Windows decided to go kaput on me so i'm reinstalling everything.. i guess i'll wait for AA before i reinstall duke.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMarya, on 15 June 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Windows decided to go kaput on me so i'm reinstalling everything.. i guess i'll wait for AA before i reinstall duke.

You are going to be sitting on your hands until the last couple months of the year.
Blame me.
Dan needed something done, and I was the only one who volunteered, then stayed around. The rest had lives to live and things to thing. I had no other obligations.
That doesn't stop me from being a piece a shit about getting anything done.

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's Forge's way of saying that he's been building a huge map central to the next episode, while sebabdukeboss20 continues to make art and I continue to code and scheme. It's coming together nicely, but yeah, it will be at least a few more months. And don't let his Eeyore impression fool you: this project wouldn't be possible without his talents and tireless dedication. We also have some new maps contributed by Jolteon and some new voice acting talent helping out.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 15 June 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

That's Forge's way of saying that he's been building a huge map central to the next episode, while sebabdukeboss20 continues to make art and I continue to code and scheme. It's coming together nicely, but yeah, it will be at least a few more months.
Eh i got other games.

User is offline   Forge 

Now I want an Eeyore sprite to hide in the map as an Easter Egg.

User is offline   Forge 

Khajit has wares

Posted Image

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

I have a question. In DAA, did you use a new key card of another color, or just a replacement? This could help me create a new access key.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 16 June 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

I have a question. In DAA, did you use a new key card of another color, or just a replacement? This could help me create a new access key.

I don't recall doing anything with keycards other than adding the keycard hand for Bombshell. Jblade has done lots with keycards on AMC, though.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

WIP deathmatch gameplay from Alien Armageddon: Gladiator. Note that some frames in the opening sequence didn't record because I alt-tabbed away for a moment to check on something.

Posted Image

Oops... It appears I screwed up in masking one of the upscales, there is a section of the explosion missing.

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 June 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I don't recall doing anything with keycards other than adding the keycard hand for Bombshell. Jblade has done lots with keycards on AMC, though.

If in the DAA files is the code of the key cards with the Bombshell image, I will look.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options