Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 December 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

Very cool! That's a great choice. Also love the sexy tour-guide. Does she have additional behaviors like the other civilians in the mod or does she just stand at the sign?

She's just a cardboard cutout. I did make a few more babes. But they're a surprise, and usually tucked away in a secret area.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostYoko, on 02 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

i would think it'd be like touching an electric socket in the game....

Thank you for guessing, but I'm actually looking for a specific answer so a specific fix can be implemented, if necessary.

Appreciate it ever so much for trying to be helpful though.

This post has been edited by Forge: 02 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostForge, on 02 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Deadly? In what way?
Asking for a beta-tester friend.

Sure, now I can't find the video of someone repeatedly jumping into the sign and getting crushed to death... Feck.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 December 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Sure, now I can't find the video of someone repeatedly jumping into the sign and getting crushed to death... Feck.

That's what I thought might be the problem, because it's in a wall recess.
I tried that a whole bunch of times with eduke32 & a real old version of eduke32 (using the original version of the DC "grp") & couldn't recreate the issue.

Do you recall if the squishing was maybe experienced in DOS or Megaton?

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 02 December 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

I tried that a whole bunch of times with eduke32 & a real old version of eduke32 (using the original version of the DC "grp") & couldn't recreate the issue.

i'll try it in megaton right now.... nothing as far as i can tell i get into the sign but i'm not dieing..

This post has been edited by Yoko: 02 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostForge, on 02 December 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

I don't even know. There was just a video I saw on Youtube of some guy jumping into the sign over and over and the description said something like "another undocumented bug/feature of the Build engine."

I can't find it now, and frankly i'm started to wonder if I friggin hallucinated the whole thing...

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 December 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

I don't even know. There was just a video I saw on Youtube of some guy jumping into the sign over and over and the description said something like "another undocumented bug/feature of the Build engine."

I can't find it now, and frankly i'm started to wonder if I friggin hallucinated the whole thing...

It probably was an issue once upon a time.
There are subtle, and not so subtle, differences between the physics in megaton, dos4gw, and eduke32. Eduke32 has also gone through a lot of changes over the years.

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 December 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

i do know there were usermaps that had that sort of issue, i don't recall if it was Dos or megaton though likely Dos.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

User is online   Mark 

I wish I had even a small fraction of the creativity I have seen in these forums here the last couple of months. Ion Maiden, Alien Armaggedon, Mr. the killer, and other WIP mods.

User is offline   Shelia 

world tour much with that laser?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostYoko, on 05 December 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

are you implying that he ripped off duke3d wt?
aside from sharing a common descriptor name, they look and behave nothing alike

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 05 December 2018 - 12:34 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostYoko, on 05 December 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

User is offline   Forge 

“COOK ‘EM GOOD!”

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 05 December 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

are you implying that he ripped off duke3d wt?
aside from sharing a common descriptor name, they look and behave nothing alike

[img]http://www.todolocoo...incinerator.jpg

I meant it as a reference not a rip off.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostYoko, on 05 December 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I meant it as a reference

best reference ever

View PostTerminX, on 24 May 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

I think the worst flamethrower is the one in WW2GI. As I've said on IRC in recent days, it looks like a giant black fire-spewing cock.

• Judge Mental

View PostForge, on 05 December 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

best reference ever

It is a giant fire spewing cock. That's hwat happens when you sleep with the whores in Saigon!

• Duke Plus Developer

I realize that the gun is slightly to the right of where the bolts come out, I will fix that later. It's a little tricky because it also has to align with the sprite version if the player is using classic renderer.

Awesome. You even got the sound right too. And the rate of fire sounds exactly like in T2.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 07 December 2018 - 02:39 PM

User is offline   Shelia 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 07 December 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

Awesome. You even got the sound right too. And the rate of fire sounds exactly like in T2.
So i'm curious about a few things.
1. so can you get killed by splash damage when shrunk now?
2. anybody know how to make a permanently shrunk lizard trooper, without cheats or modifying the game?

This post has been edited by Shelia: 07 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostShelia, on 07 December 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

So i'm curious about a few things.
1. so can you get killed by splash damage when shrunk now?

The enemies can be blown up when shrunk, but not the player. If the player could be blown up while shrunk, that would not make the game more fun.

View PostShelia, on 07 December 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

2. anybody know how to make a permanently shrunk lizard trooper, without cheats or modifying the game?

That's off topic for this thread, but, you would need to modify a game script to make a permanently shrunk lizard trooper.

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 December 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

The enemies can be blown up when shrunk, but not the player. If the player could be blown up while shrunk, that would not make the game more fun.

That's off topic for this thread, but, you would need to modify a game script to make a permanently shrunk lizard trooper.

odd because i could shrink the captured women in dukai suishi and save them from the explosions, but i can't do it in AA.

2.actually if you freeze a shrunken lizard troop he will stay permanently shrunk, you can't squish him though....

• Duke Plus Developer

If you wanted to report a bug about a freeze/shrinking combo, then why didn't you just say so? I thought you were literally asking how to do it; stranger things have been asked on this forum.

User is offline   Forge 

be careful how close you get Dan & make sure someone always knows where you're at

Posted Image

• Duke Plus Developer

Well, I just tested it, and when I freeze a shrunken liztroop it thaws and unshrinks just fine. Possibly this was a bug that got fixed since the last public update, which was several months ago after all.

EDIT: Or maybe he was talking about a bug in the original game that never existed in AA in the first place?

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 07 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 December 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well, I just tested it, and when I freeze a shrunken liztroop it thaws and unshrinks just fine. Possibly this was a bug that got fixed since the last public update, which was several months ago after all.

EDIT: Or maybe he was talking about a bug in the original game that never existed in AA in the first place?
mainly i was asking about the shriking thing making things immune to explosions like how i use to be able to shrink the captured women in Dukai sushi in the map raw meat and save them from the explosives by doing that.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Speaking of which, what about a DN64-style option where babes are invincible?

(BTW, the Raw Meat geishas are statues, not women, otherwise DN64 wouldn't let you destroy them, besides they break into glass when destroyed so...)

• Judge Mental

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 December 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=EWYfRlmPSyA

I realize that the gun is slightly to the right of where the bolts come out, I will fix that later. It's a little tricky because it also has to align with the sprite version if the player is using classic renderer.

Oh, dude. Fuggin saweet!

You know there's only one minor detail missing:

Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 09 December 2018 - 05:09 AM, said:

Oh, dude. Fuggin saweet!

You know there's only one minor detail missing:

... What is it? Is there a joke I'm missing or something?

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 11 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

• Judge Mental

He's holding two of em, broski.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options