Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#1321

 NightFright, on 10 November 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

The probability for it to ever become part of another commercial re-release is basically zero.

mostly this^

hard to sue you when there's no evidence that you're harming their sales (whoever 'they' are)
0

User is offline   Marya 

#1322

 Forge, on 10 November 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

mostly this^

hard to sue you when there's no evidence that you're harming their sales (whoever 'they' are)
Like some companies aren't harming their own sales, maybe they should sue themselves...(microtransactions)

Anyway Hope to see the update soon, it's looking good.

This post has been edited by Marya: 10 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#1323

probably Q1 of 2020.
the code work is pretty intense
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1324



The HUD code wasn't finished when I recorded, so it shows the aimbot goggles as "OFF" when they are actually "ON".

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 17 November 2019 - 12:33 AM

5

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#1325

https://i.imgur.com/EZnPZbO.png

Man this looks so legit. So I'm guessing Duke and Bombshell have a place to rest and mingle while they anticipate gladiator matches?
1

User is online   Phredreeke 

#1326

Ok, I'm gonna suggest that you put in cameos of the other Build game heroes in that bar. Maybe Bubba and Leonard playing cards with Caleb and Lo Wang?
3

User is online   Sanek 

#1327


0

User is offline   Major Tom 

#1328

View PostSanek, on 13 December 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:




Gotta love how he mentions the "actual voice acting" for Dr. Proton around the 10:51 mark.....I think that's the first video on the mod that highlights it!
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1329

View PostMajor Tom, on 13 December 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Gotta love how he mentions the "actual voice acting" for Dr. Proton around the 10:51 mark.....I think that's the first video on the mod that highlights it!


How come you didn't tell us that you were the original Dr Proton voice actor? :lol:
0

User is offline   Major Tom 

#1330

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 December 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

How come you didn't tell us that you were the original Dr Proton voice actor? :lol:


My secret revealed! :P

Amazing what a fake British accent and a few Audacity filters can pull off.... B)
1

#1331

Video's not working.

null
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.
0

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#1332

His editor screwed up and he'll be uploading a new video later.
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1333


8

User is online   Sanek 

#1334

He deleted the video for some errors-fixing reasons, here's a new version:


2

User is offline   Major Tom 

#1335

View PostSanek, on 15 December 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

He deleted the video for some errors-fixing reasons, here's a new version:




And he STILL thinks I'm the original voice actor for Dr. Proton :lol:

To be fair, I based my entire performance on the one line I remembered Proton saying from the trailer for "The Doctor Who Cloned Me"; his voice sounded vaguely British and also slightly synthetic, so I just ran with that. I'm pretty sure I used some combination of killeringer, voccoder and a Phaser effect (or possibly just two of the three) to get the right "synthetic" sound to my vocals; all were amped up considerably for Proton's last words.
1

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

#1336

View PostMajor Tom, on 15 December 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

And he STILL thinks I'm the original voice actor for Dr. Proton :lol:

To be fair, I based my entire performance on the one line I remembered Proton saying from the trailer for "The Doctor Who Cloned Me"; his voice sounded vaguely British and also slightly synthetic, so I just ran with that. I'm pretty sure I used some combination of killeringer, voccoder and a Phaser effect (or possibly just two of the three) to get the right "synthetic" sound to my vocals; all were amped up considerably for Proton's last words.


To be honest he wasn't the only one. When I first heard your voice I seriously wondered if AA had gotten the DNF VA or not. I knew it was unlikely but it sounded that spot-on. Special effects or not you're a dead ringer for the official Proton.
0

User is offline   Major Tom 

#1337

View PostNinety-Six, on 15 December 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

To be honest he wasn't the only one. When I first heard your voice I seriously wondered if AA had gotten the DNF VA or not. I knew it was unlikely but it sounded that spot-on. Special effects or not you're a dead ringer for the official Proton.


I take that as high praise indeed. If I lower the register of my voice, I can actually do a decent John Hurt impression (or in this case, one that sounds close to the VA for Proton from "The Doctor Who Cloned Me"); it was that kind of vocal styling that also landed me the role of Le Sang in Episode 3 of The AMC TC (which was recorded with a digital camera microphone, as opposed to the USB mic I use these days).
1

#1338

I was so excited about the new weapons, boss, map and all, but my brain.exe stopped working for some seconds when i misread "hold use to transForM Duke", i was so hyped "OMG he will dismember that poor monster now".

0

User is offline   Marya 

#1339

so any major or minor updates for this?
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#1340

I'm the only one done with my committed obligations (& I finished 2 weeks ahead of the projected end of December).

What does that mean for Seb and Dan's TC & the projected release in Q1 of 2020?
absolutely nothing

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#1341

been since July, so here's a gratuitous hallway shot

https://i.imgur.com/gDiKZSc.jpg
5

User is offline   Marya 

#1342

View PostMajor Tom, on 15 December 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

And he STILL thinks I'm the original voice actor for Dr. Proton :lol:

To be fair, I based my entire performance on the one line I remembered Proton saying from the trailer for "The Doctor Who Cloned Me"; his voice sounded vaguely British and also slightly synthetic, so I just ran with that. I'm pretty sure I used some combination of killeringer, voccoder and a Phaser effect (or possibly just two of the three) to get the right "synthetic" sound to my vocals; all were amped up considerably for Proton's last words.
maybe your the clone of the actor of DR.Proton? :blink:
0

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

  • Music Producer

#1343

 Forge, on 29 December 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

been since July, so here's a gratuitous hallway shot

https://i.imgur.com/gDiKZSc.jpg


Cool!
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1344

https://i.imgur.com/4Us9ays.png
7

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#1345

>lost "civilization"
>rooted in matriarchy

So that's why their planet degenerated into alien scum.
1

User is offline   Mark 

  • Honored Donor

#1346

.

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: sin.gif

1

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1347

My gender stereotypes are even-handed and good for simple broad stroke storytelling:

-The subterranean Matriarchal civilization is risk averse and stable. (Mostly) poor and (mostly) egalitarian, steeped in rigid tradition. Ruling class bans surface dwelling because meteors, which haven't been a problem in ages, but it's a good story for keeping things under control. Peaceful, boring, guys can play sports and hurt each other if they really want to, but they better not get any big ideas. Everyone is looked after.

-Some guys get to the surface anyway and make good. Anarchy up there, a man's world full of violence and exploration, conquest and discovery. Lots of wealth created, lots of poverty too. Chaos. Warlords fight warlords, businesses fight businesses, an emperor emerges. Less chaos. The adventurous come to the surface for good times. Those that stay behind, aren't enough. Raids from above don't help. Collapse down under. Space fleets built topside. Conquest of other systems, Earth. Fun times.
3

#1348

Hello! Happy new year to you guys.

This great AAD project is becoming more and more brilliant. It is really interesting these narrations.
1

User is offline   Marya 

#1349

 Trooper Dan, on 02 January 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

My gender stereotypes are even-handed and good for simple broad stroke storytelling:

-The subterranean Matriarchal civilization is risk averse and stable. (Mostly) poor and (mostly) egalitarian, steeped in rigid tradition. Ruling class bans surface dwelling because meteors, which haven't been a problem in ages, but it's a good story for keeping things under control. Peaceful, boring, guys can play sports and hurt each other if they really want to, but they better not get any big ideas. Everyone is looked after.

-Some guys get to the surface anyway and make good. Anarchy up there, a man's world full of violence and exploration, conquest and discovery. Lots of wealth created, lots of poverty too. Chaos. Warlords fight warlords, businesses fight businesses, an emperor emerges. Less chaos. The adventurous come to the surface for good times. Those that stay behind, aren't enough. Raids from above don't help. Collapse down under. Space fleets built topside. Conquest of other systems, Earth. Fun times.
It's an alien specie so whatever.... that's the way i look at it.
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1350

Wow, I can't believe that it's been almost a year since we released anything. We've been working on the next version with the new episode included for most of that time. We are looking at a mid-March release, which would put it a year after the last public update. I guess I shouldn't be surprised -- this new episode is very complex from a development standpoint and I've been the main bottleneck, since there are so many new systems and actors that needed coding.

In any case, we could use some more beta testers. Anyone interested please contact me or let us know on the public AA Discord server.

What you are getting with this upcoming release is a blend of several different types of gameplay. For the most part you are doing offline fake multiplayer matches with goodguy versus badkguy teams in DM, CTF, control and survival. It's kind of like playing UT '99 offline, except in Build, and with lots more different types of enemies and weapons with weapon upgrade options and other earnable perks. There is also a story which is mostly told while you explore the gladitorium -- an underground facility that houses the gladiators in between matches. And there's going to be a bit of traditional singleplayer gameplay. All of the old content from previous releases is also included, with some new features integrated. As for gameplay novelty, I don't know of another game like that which allows for instant character switching between the player and a bot controlled character. For example, if you are controlling Duke, and Bombshell grabs the enemy flag, you can press the character swap key and instantly you are in control of Bombshell holding the flag (on the other side of the map or wherever she is) whiile the AI takes control of Duke. I added a character boost with a cooldown to encourage this.
6

Share this topic:


  • 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options