Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

  • Music Producer

#1231

 Forge, on 13 August 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

just for that I slap you with a pic of some unused underwater section

https://i.imgur.com/4rmIEbh.jpg


Now that it isn't gonna be used, can you place some scuba for me? at least in a secret area?
0

User is offline   Forge 

#1232

 Mike Norvak, on 14 August 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Now that it isn't gonna be used, can you place some scuba for me? at least in a secret area?

No can do.
Efficiency dictates that I must maximize reasons to moan.

If multiplayer ever becomes a reality for the port, then fighting over that one air bubble in the middle can be a thing.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

1

User is offline   Marya 

#1233

 Forge, on 14 August 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

No can do.
Efficiency dictates that I must maximize reasons to moan.

If multiplayer ever becomes a reality for the port, then fighting over that one air bubble in the middle can be a thing.
that would be very interesting... specially in dukmatch people rushing to the bubble only for one to get it and 3 others or so dies...



This post has been edited by Marya: 14 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

0

User is offline   Marya 

#1234

(Merge this with my former post please, forum won't let me edit)

Oooh oooh Forge charge him 10 bucks for scuba gear! or 5 for a new bubble. (Just kidding, going with that DLC joke in the mod.) :D

This post has been edited by Marya: 16 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

0

User is offline   Forge 

#1235

money?
meh.

I'd rather charge him an update to a certain map.
0

User is offline   Marya 

#1236

View PostForge, on 16 August 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

money?
meh.

I'd rather charge him an update to a certain map.
I forgot you don't get jokes too well....
0

User is offline   Forge 

#1237

View PostMarya, on 16 August 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

I forgot you don't get jokes too well....

He knows what I'm talking about - it's our inside joke.
0

#1238

This is by far my favorite Duke3D mod. After finishing the New Invasion content I was craving for more! Still need to play through the classic episodes and the expansions with it, so there's still lots for me to do. Fantastic work!
1

User is offline   Marya 

#1239

is there a list of what the upgrades do somewhere?
0

#1240

View PostMarya, on 16 August 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

is there a list of what the upgrades do somewhere?


Page 21:

Spoiler

1

User is offline   Marya 

#1241

Suggested upgrade for dukes devastator, and maybe bombshell's Alt fire switches from rockets'grenades to quick fireing shotgun shells... or some other alt fire mode for devestator.... (I think the HRP had this)

thank you btw why is that not on the wiki???

This post has been edited by Marya: 17 August 2019 - 03:36 AM

0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1242

View PostMarya, on 17 August 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

Suggested upgrade for dukes devastator, and maybe bombshell's Alt fire switches from rockets'grenades to quick fireing shotgun shells... or some other alt fire mode for devestator.... (I think the HRP had this)

thank you btw why is that not on the wiki???


The HRP doesn't change gameplay. I've added an auto-shotgun to the devastator on at least one of my earlier mods, which are frequently used with the HRP, so that must be what you are remembering.

Duke and Shelly's devastators each have upgrades you can purchase in the upcoming gladiator storyline.
0

User is offline   Forge 

#1243

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 August 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

Duke and Shelly's devastators each have upgrades you can purchase in the upcoming gladiator storyline.

microtransactions?

but I'm transphobic..........
6

User is offline   Marya 

#1244

View PostForge, on 17 August 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

microtransactions?

but I'm transphobic..........
I'm sure it's using some gladiator currency...(pretty sure your being sarcastic there.)
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1245



Who is this new NPC? An alien who fights alongside the player?
13

#1246

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 September 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:



Who is this new NPC? An alien who fights alongside the player?


WOW !!! It's very funny !
1

User is offline   Radar 

  • Zionist Shill

#1247

It's NPC 1754694215890.
0

User is offline   Zelanto 

#1248

Deanova looks great!
0

User is offline   jet_nick 

#1249

I'd like to see the guy from the old prey as a third playable character

http://duke4ever.altervista.org/prey/art1998/talon_brave_wgun.jpg
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1250

Current plans:

Galactic Gladiators episode should be released in late Q4 2019 or in Q1 2020. This will include lots of new weapons for Duke and Bombshell, new enemies and other new stuf, but no new playable characters. Deanova will be an NPC, and there will be a story with tournament style gameplay (deathmatch, capture the flag, control, horde survival) with teams made up of the player + CPU. There will also be a big gladiator complex for the player to explore between matches, and some regular singleplayer gameplay.

The final episode of AA goes back to Earth for an all-out war that will determine the fate of humankind. Team Earth will join forces with a band of alien rebels to take on the Emperor's invasion forces. At that point, we will probably have a third playable character which will most likely be Princess Deanova. Her playstyle will be different: quick powerful melee attacks, blocking, high jumping/climbing, cloaking/sneak attacks. No projected release date on that episode.
5

User is offline   Jim 

#1251

Add a weapon similar to the loverboy to AA?
0

User is offline   Marya 

#1252

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 September 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Current plans:

Galactic Gladiators episode should be released in late Q4 2019 or in Q1 2020. This will include lots of new weapons for Duke and Bombshell, new enemies and other new stuf, but no new playable characters. Deanova will be an NPC, and there will be a story with tournament style gameplay (deathmatch, capture the flag, control, horde survival) with teams made up of the player + CPU. There will also be a big gladiator complex for the player to explore between matches, and some regular singleplayer gameplay.

The final episode of AA goes back to Earth for an all-out war that will determine the fate of humankind. Team Earth will join forces with a band of alien rebels to take on the Emperor's invasion forces. At that point, we will probably have a third playable character which will most likely be Princess Deanova. Her playstyle will be different: quick powerful melee attacks, blocking, high jumping/climbing, cloaking/sneak attacks. No projected release date on that episode.
sounds good. But will these new weapons be available for use in the original episodes?

This post has been edited by Marya: 11 September 2019 - 01:16 AM

0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1253

View PostJim, on 10 September 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Add a weapon similar to the loverboy to AA?


No, but there will be a new rocket launcher that has multiple lock-ons.


7

#1254

Spider bomb, minigun upgrade, multiple lock on... where did i see these features before?

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 11 September 2019 - 12:24 AM

-1

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1255

Lots of different games? If you want I could dig up the discord convos that we had when discussing their additions, and I can assure you they were just regurgitations of old ideas that have been in many games before going back to the 90's. You seem to be insinuating something. Is this about your mod? I haven't even touched your mod since the first version you released and don't even remember what weapons are in it.

EDIT: Also, I coded my first minigun and rocket launcher with multiple lock-ons back in 2008 for WGR2. Spider-bombs have been in a hundred games. So no one gets any points for originality.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 11 September 2019 - 01:50 AM

3

#1256

Multiple lock on seemed to be the exact copy of devastator MTA module from KADuke. Sound, green blinking, timing.

Not a problem per se... ideas come from previous project indeed, expecially minigun and lock on from WG. There is no money involved, too, and we are a little community compared to other games and we don't need wars.
... but some players can confuse popularity and/or visibility for intellectual property, originality, X copied Y, awesomeness of content or mind behind the projects. Even in little details.
This could be unwanted or intentional, without knowing the truth. And time helps to forget the sources.

Historical fact: Italian people always feel somebody is stealing them something... a place of brigands. Plus life gave me multiple sources of depression and paranoia i'm slowly fighting, dedication to Duke involved. I'm going to improve my own KA medias btw.

Conclusion: if copypastas would ever happen, credit each other. Sorry for bothering you.
-2

User is offline   Radar 

  • Zionist Shill

#1257

I'm sure he was referring to seeing those weapons in WGR2. :) Nice to see them making a comeback.

Edit: just saw his post. Never mind?

This post has been edited by Radar: 11 September 2019 - 03:35 AM

0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1258

View PostRichardStorm, on 11 September 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

Multiple lock on seemed to be the exact copy of devastator MTA module from KADuke. Sound, green blinking, timing.


I literally don't even know what that is you are talking about. The lock-on sound is one I ripped from some game like 10 years ago and has been sitting in a folder on my hard drive for this kind of purpose. The blinking enemies was an easy way to show a lock-on which frankly doesn't even look very good (it would look better to have a separate targeting sprite around them like in WGR2, but I was being lazy). I'll probably change it now because you reminded me that it doesn't look very good. The timing is just some generic timing that I pulled out of my ass. Any resemblance to what you made is purely coincidental.

View PostRichardStorm, on 11 September 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

... but some players can confuse popularity and/or visibility for intellectual property, originality, X copied Y, awesomeness of content or mind behind the projects. Even in little details.
This could be unwanted or intentional, without knowing the truth. And time helps to forget the sources.


I know that. And I actively reject credit for anything that wasn't made by part of the project team. But it's still going to happen sometimes and it can't be helped. People are ignorant.

Quote

Conclusion: if copypastas would ever happen, credit each other. Sorry for bothering you.


I can count on one hand the number of times that I copied code from someone. I have used Lezing's motorcyble code (for example as basis for landspeeder in Duke Forces), sometimes modified it but always gave credit. I have used Muelsa's bike and his supertrooper in DukePlus (giving credit of course). I also used some code by Plagman for the map doubling feature in DukePlus, that was specifically written by him for that purpose. EDIT: And just remembered a few lines of code that were supplied by Helixhorned for weapon zoom that was first used in WGR2. The one case that is uncredited is there is a block of code for managing cutscene screens that was posted on this forum a while back that formed the basis for cutscene screen managing in AA -- I was just too lazy to look up who wrote it but I will credit it if I get the name.

And that's it, in 13 years of coding mods, unless you count the wiki example of how to make one actor face another. Even when it's something that I probably should look up, like how to make a radar, I still don't and choose to reinvent the wheel because that's fun for me. Locking onto enemies is very trivial, compared with say, writing pathfinding system that enables teams to play CTF, so there'd be no reason to look at code for it. It's actually faster for me to write new code from scratch for that than it would be to look up my own code from 2008, let alone try to look up someone else's code for it that I don't even know exists.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 11 September 2019 - 04:00 AM
Reason for edit: typos

6

User is offline   Radar 

  • Zionist Shill

#1259

DT, please consider fully integrating Phredreeke's upscales with the next episode. The quality on them is very high so I don't think they need to be separated out as an alternate batch file.
0

User is offline   t800 

#1260

Honestly, no offence but nope. I admit they are well made but still look different compared to original sprites and in fact they are using more system resources. So I prefer keeping them as optional. :)
0

Share this topic:


  • 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options