Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 Scripting - Duke4.net Forums

• 87 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 Scripting  "CON coding help"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You can, but it's hacky. Spawning an SE will crash the game, so you spawn a different picnum, then change the picnum to SE, change the statnum to 3, and give it lotag 49, hitag for distance, xvel/yvel/zvel 0-255 for the RGB color you want. Importantly, make sure it gets deleted after a few tics, and that means you have to mark it for deletion in some way, have it use a timer and then delete itself in EVENT_GAME.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Say I have ACTOR1 and want to check if ACTOR2 has a per-actor gamevar set to a certain value.

How would I read (or write) another actor's per-actor gamevar? This seems simple and I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostReaper_Man, on 22 September 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

Say I have ACTOR1 and want to check if ACTOR2 has a per-actor gamevar set to a certain value.

How would I read (or write) another actor's per-actor gamevar? This seems simple and I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

It is simple, but you have to have the sprite ID number of the other actor in a gamevar first. That's the only part that can be tricky, depending on the context. But let's say you have done that already, by using findnearactor or by searching sprites via a loop or whatever.

Assume that "SPRITE" is a var that is set to the ID of the other sprite, and "VAR1" is a per-actor var. Then, in the code of an actor, you could write:

getactorvar[SPRITE].VAR1 VAR1

The above line would copy the value of VAR1 from the sprite SPRITE to the VAR1 in the current sprite (THISACTOR).

setactorvar[SPRITE].VAR1 VAR1

That would write the current copy of VAR1 in THISACTOR to the copy of that var in SPRITE

You can also abbreviate those commands to getav and setav

User is offline   Mark 

never mind, dan beat me to it

This post has been edited by Mark: 22 September 2020 - 09:04 AM

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Thanks guys, I had completely forgotten about get/setactorvar. I knew it was going to be something simple!

Share this topic:

• 87 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options