Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 Scripting - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 Scripting  "CON coding help"

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

It sounds like you pasted the code into the middle of a state or event or something. See what happens if you remove the actor, then paste it in at the absolute bottom of the SUBURBS.CON file.

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

Thats where it is now. After the enda of the previous actor. I triple checked to make sure there wasn't an extra enda somewhere in the middle of the dog code. There wasn't. And this dog code works fine in Graveyard. There has to be a simple explanation of something I did wrong elsewhere to cause this seemingly impossible problem.

This post has been edited by Mark: 08 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Try putting an extra carriage return at the end of the file. Maybe what the error is saying is that it could not find the "enda" for the actor, and maybe it's not reading the last line for some reason.

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

I just found the problem. The only thing I did when transferring the code to Suburbs was comment out an attack sound that isn't in the assets folder yet. The damn sound line had a brace after the sound command. Silly me. :wallbash:

This post has been edited by Mark: 08 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

I had a laugh when I uncommented that sound in the dog code. Instead of a dog bite sound the dog was saying "eat lead", one of the lines from the thugs in the game when they shoot.

User is offline   Firefly_Trooper 

View PostMark, on 09 February 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

I had a laugh when I uncommented that sound in the dog code. Instead of a dog bite sound the dog was saying "eat lead", one of the lines from the thugs in the game when they shoot.

Eat lead ? OUAF OUAF !!! :lol:

User is online   Zaxtor 

Is there a code to reduce a little bit how how far the player can look up or down.?

Like changing the limit a bit (depending how you set it)

Default is

299 is looking all the way up and -99 way down.

But making example a new limit in the horiz thing

Trequonia TC's Status:
Levels : 100% done - Textures : 100% done - Sounds : 100% done - Musics :100% done
Mod is finished, going to test it.
Trequonia's Official website

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 17 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options