Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 Scripting - Duke4.net Forums

• 88 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 Scripting  "CON coding help"

User is online   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

Try having the game check to see if the gib is in an invalid sector, and if so, break and killit.

View PostJimmy, on 28 October 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

Try having the game check to see if the gib is in an invalid sector, and if so, break and killit.

The issue is that I'm not sure how to do that.

User is offline   jimbob 

hey, havent been to this site in ages, but i had the urge to make some duke mods and was wondering about a few things.

1, i want to add new reload animations to a custom weapon wich replaces the chaingun. it behaves like the chaingun/ripper except it needs a 30 round magazine, and some reload animations
i have all the artwork in place, might need some tweaking, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to tell the game when to reload, where the artfiles are and how long the animation needs to last, tried looking at the wiki and use the 'manual reload' tutorial, but it just jiggles the gun infinetly.
i have the new reload animation, 7 frames long at tile 2582, and basically it is an oscillation of pulling out a mag, and sticking it back in.
for the weapon i use these gamevars.
// thompson
gamevar WEAPON3_WORKSLIKE 3 0
gamevar WEAPON3_CLIP 30 0
gamevar WEAPON3_RELOAD 60 0
// gamevar WEAPON3_FIREDELAY 1 0
gamevar WEAPON3_TOTALTIME 10 0 // was 10
// gamevar WEAPON3_HOLDDELAY 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_FLAGS 73813 // 85
gamevar WEAPON3_SHOOTS CHAINGUN
// gamevar WEAPON3_SPAWNTIME 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SHOTSPERBURST 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_INITIALSOUND 0
gamevar WEAPON3_FIRESOUND CHAINGUN_FIRE
gamevar WEAPON3_SOUND2TIME 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SOUND2SOUND 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SPAWN SHELL

2, i have an actor wich spawns at a certain point, goes through an AI routine, but i want this actor to litteraly keel over and die after X seconds, after wich i want the corpse to be removed after a while.
i have the routines down, and even the corpse cleanup code but the game refuses to use 'count' if it is going through other routines, or if it moves. i have a a cleanup state as follows
state cleanup
cstat 2
ifcount 330
{
cstat 514
}
ifcount 360
{
killit
}
ends

this kicks in after the actor has been shot and is dead on the floor ( aparently if movement is 0 it starts counting )

i trier adding something like
ifcount 1000 action GIDROPDEAD ( the actors falling dead animation )
strength 0
state GIDYING ( check the DYING state of the actor for ifhitweapon etc )

but because it keeps going through its routines and keeps moving it never reaches the count number, or, when it dies it keeps looping its dying animation.

User is offline   jimbob 

i thought about it for a bit, and perhaps substracting health every other state will eventually drain the actors health, causing it to quite litterally die, this would give some random amount of time before this happens, and wil definatly cause the actor to die eventually.

another thing, how do i change the offset for the ejecting brass, right now it spawns in an incorrect location.

and since where on the topic of editing existing things, the muscle flashes used with the chaingun have three different offsets so they animate in front of each 'barrel' of the gun, i'd like to change this to one location for my new gun.

Share this topic:

• 88 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options