Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked

User is offline   3D Master 

Managed to find 7 out of 10 secrets; can't find the remaining three; can anyone make a list?

E1M2 remade I find 5 out of 8, well, 6 out of 8; however the nightgoggles secret behind the stage, I don't think it's possible to get it. You used to just jump from the raised platform directly; the added railing though, makes it difficult to jump on time to begin with, and if you do manage to jump, you bump against the ceiling and fall down before you can get to the platform with the night vision goggles. Has anyone made this jump? You don't seem to be able to raise the second dancer platform either like in the original, which is weird. Anyone have a secret list for this, and a tip on how to get those goggles?

As for frame rate drops; isn't the initial drop through the ventilation shaft handled with the teleporter? Just like the tunnel to the new boss fight? Those are the only times eduke32 on my GTX 980 had a massive hickup; and then back to smooth sailing. From that I figure that eDuke32 just doesn't know how to deal with teleporters; it can't tell that it should add the area you will teleport to to the pipeline when you get close enough to a teleporter; the result is that eDuke32 essentially needs to build an entire area from scratch the moment you teleport, rather than have anything preloaded.

"I've got something to say; it's better to burn out, than to fade away."

"Gimme some sugar, baby."

3D Master's Story Homepage

This post has been edited by 3D Master: 31 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

The first time you run the mod it will hiccup in a few places. After that the cache is loaded and most but not all smooth out.

I don't think anyone, including me, made a list of the secret places. To be honest I don't remember adding any in Red Light District but maybe I did. I'll do a quick runthru of HH and see if I can find and list them.

This post has been edited by Mark: 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

User is offline   3D Master 

View PostMark, on 31 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

The first time you run the mod it will hiccup in a few places. After that the cache is loaded and most but not all smooth out.

I don't think anyone, including me, made a list of the secret places. To be honest I don't remember adding any in Red Light District but maybe I did. I'll do a quick runthru of HH and see if I can find and list them.

I played it twice, the second time still had the hiccups after the teleports.

"I've got something to say; it's better to burn out, than to fade away."

"Gimme some sugar, baby."

3D Master's Story Homepage

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options