Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The other problem is that we are still using ancient, worn-out tech like MD3. There are all sorts of cool stuff you can do with normals that just aren't going to work with MD3 and how the current renderer treats gloss and spec maps.

Ferinstance.... this is a recent model by Mark for the Doomsday 2.0 project. It will look a lot like this in game.
Posted Image

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

It looks like we'll be hitting 500 downloads today for the project. I know it hardly compares to some previous releases from others but I'm quite pleased because at release time I was expecting maybe 200 max. Thanks to all of you that played the game. I hope you liked it.

Merry Christmas.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

When I added the prank phonecall bit from Shadow Warrior into HHR I thought I was being clever. Now that I played the Nuclear Winter mod I see its already been done. Have other mods used it before me too?

Although mine also had a responses from Duke in the call which was different. Plus one of the secret areas shows LoWang making the calls.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

View PostTea Monster, on 26 November 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

The other problem is that we are still using ancient, worn-out tech like MD3. There are all sorts of cool stuff you can do with normals that just aren't going to work with MD3 and how the current renderer treats gloss and spec maps.

Ferinstance.... this is a recent model by Mark for the Doomsday 2.0 project. It will look a lot like this in game.
Posted Image

Any links to some project page of forum regarding that model?
I think it looks awesome and I'm curious to see more Doom 3d model work done at that level of quality.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

You would be surprised at how great some of the models from HHR look in a better renderer. Teamonster probably knows the right Doomsday link. I just handed off the model to him. He is working with the Project leader.

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

View PostMark., on 22 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

You would be surprised at how great some of the models from HHR look in a better renderer. Teamonster probably knows the right Doomsday link. I just handed off the model to him. He is working with the Project leader.

But that's an Energy Cell Pack 3d model made after the original Doom sprite.
Is there no project page related to that model?
I would have expected to be some forum link somewhere, where more of that stuff is posted.
If you made it, then it looks very detailed, really like it.
Doom is in desperate need of detailed looking 3d models since forever.
I never to this day undestood how from such a popular game with such a huge modding fan community, was there nobody talented enough to actually go through with a full HRP for Doom, that's at least as good looking as the Duke Nukem HRP if not better.
Everything I've ever seen is very low quality and very amateurish looking.
I never used 3d models in doom, precisely because by my standards they're very low quality low poly, very poorly animated amateurish shit.

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 22 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Teamomster had a link to a short video with some new models in Doomsday. The latest update pack is still WIP and unreleased. I'm not part of the team so I'm not sure where an official forum thread is for that.

• Polymancer

There is an active thread on the Doomsday forum over here: http://talk.dengine....del-project/p10

We've tried to mention stuff a few times over on Doomworld, but I think that's a bit of a lost cause generally :(

I post pics occasionally on our own Doom thread here as well.

User is offline   Altered Reality 

Could you make a "lite" pack that only includes the new enemies and their textures, for use with the HRP?

If your brain tells you one thing and your heart tells you another, get rid of those silly doubts and listen to your brain.

• Polymancer

KuriKai assembles the packs, I'll ask him. In Doomsday, it's possible to turn on just the items you want, even though the whole pack has been loaded into Doomsday. So you can create a completely custom pack, just by turning off the items you don't want to play with.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options