Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   m210® 

Can you try to switch resampler to linear? It will sounds like 1.15.1 (old driver)

User is online   Tekedon 

Any chance you can add palette emulation?

User is offline   t800 

^ This.
Since GZDoom added support for palette emulation for its OpenGL renderer, it looks much more bereable for my retro-tinted eyes. :)
And along the way, if you would consider adding support for dynamic lights and similar modern graphic effects, you could have best of both worlds.
(Correct me if I am wrong here, but is renderer of BloodGDX based of Eduke32's Polymost?)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 16 December 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

Any chance you can add palette emulation?

everything has its time

View Postt800, on 16 December 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

(Correct me if I am wrong here, but is renderer of BloodGDX based of Eduke32's Polymost?)

Not exactly. BloodGdx based on JFduke's polymost, with my additions and optimizations, and some features from eduke polymost, like sprite offsets. Today I rewrite widescreen support, eduke's widescreen code was disabled.

I planning to start writing a new texturecache for polymost, which will be use with polymost and other gl renderers.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostM210, on 16 December 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

everything has its time

Not exactly. BloodGdx based on JFduke's polymost, with my additions and optimizations, and some features from eduke polymost, like sprite offsets. Today I rewrite widescreen support, eduke's widescreen code was disabled.

I planning to start writing a new texturecache for polymost, which will be use with polymost and other gl renderers.

Question: For Blood's music, what audio formats does BloodGDX support and what folder are the files supposed to go in?

User is offline   VGA 

Are you asking how you can use custom music?

View PostVGA, on 16 December 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Are you asking how you can use custom music?

Doesn't Blood use CD Audio, like Shadow Warrior does?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMaster O, on 16 December 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Doesn't Blood use CD Audio, like Shadow Warrior does?

if you have Gog or steam version, bloodgdx will detect it automatically. Support format is *.ogg

User is offline   m210® 

Hi. I'm working on a new feature for BuildGDX - Hires support :)
But this feature for addons and user content - each addon can use own HRP

User is offline   J432 

View Postm210®, on 21 December 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

Great news. BloodGDX looks quite good on 65-inch 4K tv, but some graphics improvements would definitely be nice. :(

View Postm210®, on 21 December 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

But this feature for addons and user content - each addon can use own HRP

You're doing great work. Keep it up.

Stick it to Warner Brothers as much as possible.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Will the software renderer be included in the next release? I'm eager to try it out!

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Death, on 21 December 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Will the software renderer be included in the next release? I'm eager to try it out!

I don't think so, SW haven't fullscreen mode yet, and has a bugs and crashes, transparent objects not working yet, has geometry distortion, etc. I need to make a lot of work before release it.

User is online   Phredreeke 

View Postm210®, on 21 December 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

has geometry distortion

But isn't that inherent in the software renderer? Or do you mean something other than Z-shearing?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 22 December 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

But isn't that inherent in the software renderer? Or do you mean something other than Z-shearing?

I mean wrong ported code...with errors

User is offline   Ggd07 

Hello there,

I am running a Steam Version of Blood and was able to successfully launch BloodGDX by following the instructions in the read me.

Performance and stability looks great, but the game has a graphical glitch (glitched colors).

I tried several things like full screen, windowed, borderless, different resolution settings, killing explorer.exe, applying other registry fixes for similar color glitches in other game, but nothing seems to work.

Did any other user here had a similar glitch, and if so, is there a way to fix this, or it's a problem with BloodGDX it self?

Specs are:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I have the latest Java, and tried everything I could think of and find online.

EDIT: I apologize for posting this here instead of the bugs section, but was in a hurry because I have limited time and was waiting for an hour to get approved by an admin after the frustrating registration process!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Ggd07: 23 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostGgd07, on 23 December 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Hello there,

I am running a Steam Version of Blood and was able to successfully launch BloodGDX by following the instructions in the read me.

Performance and stability looks great, but the game has a graphical glitch (glitched colors).

I tried several things like full screen, windowed, borderless, different resolution settings, killing explorer.exe, applying other registry fixes for similar color glitches in other game, but nothing seems to work.

Did any other user here had a similar glitch, and if so, is there a way to fix this, or it's a problem with BloodGDX it self?

Specs are:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I have the latest Java, and tried everything I could think of and find online.

EDIT: I apologize for posting this here instead of the bugs section, but was in a hurry because I have limited time and was waiting for an hour to get approved by an admin after the frustrating registration process!

That image should be called "Psychodelic Blood!"

In all seriousness, though, that's definitely a strange bug.

User is offline   VGA 

I am not at the PC but isn't there an option to change the color depth between 16bit and 32bit? Maybe that will help with the palette corruption.

User is offline   Ggd07 

That image should be called "Psychodelic Blood!"

Indeed :)

I am not at the PC but isn't there an option to change the color depth between 16bit and 32bit? Maybe that will help with the palette corruption.

Well, no, I wasn't able to find such options.

I just tried removing my graphics drivers and installing them fresh, that didn't resolve the issue.

I tried re-downloading BloodGDX and that did not help at that time. I tried verifying the game cache from Steam, and that did not help as well. I tried reinstalling the game completely and that did not work.

I restarted my computer, reinstalled java, tried a bunch of compatibility settings in Windows, that did not work.

All of this did not work upon trying and trying and then I changed the download region in my Steam Settings, Uninstalled Blood again, Installed it into a different Hard Drive, re-downloaded BloodGDX (again), Extracted, and after launching it this time.. it works...?

I don't understand what happened for the issue to disappear. I thought some files may have been corrupted.. but by running the original Blood (through DosBox) the palettes weren't glitched, only through BloodGDX...

Well.. never the less, now it works and it's candy for the eyes.. performance on 120hz is astonishing.. I will just enjoy it.. Thank You !

And Thank you for the suggestion meanwhile!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Ggd07: 23 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

User is offline   VGA 

Were you messing around inside steam's folders? You are supposed to only get the needed files from there amd copy them over to a new folder where you set up BloodGDX and some portable Java.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 24 December 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Were you messing around inside steam's folders? You are supposed to only get the needed files from there amd copy them over to a new folder where you set up BloodGDX and some portable Java.

This is absolutely unnecessary surgery. Or maybe it for portable Java? I'm not using it

User is offline   Ggd07 

View Postm210®, on 24 December 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

This is absolutely unnecessary surgery. Or maybe it for portable Java? I'm not using it

I didn't mess with anything.

1. Downloaded game from steam.
2. Copied BloodGDX in Blood folder.
3. Extracted movies folder from blood.gog
3. Ran BloodGDX.jar
4. Had the problem with colors.

After that, I mentioned what I did to fix it above, but I am not entire sure what fixed it.

I know some people have the same problem from the Steam Forum.. I suppose it could have been corrupted files

This post has been edited by Ggd07: 25 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hi guys! I need to test my new BuildGDX before I release a new version.
http://m210.duke4.ne...DX_2018beta.jar

This is not official version with Engine refactored (not fully)
This version has new TextureHandler (maybe decrease freezes), new Model Loader and OOP Model renderer, new Polymost viewport (bye-bye eduke's corrections)
New OOP DefScript code (for user addons HRP support)

And in BloodGDX I fixed multiplayer team channel (RX10)

So, waiting for crash reports, if it exists :)

This post has been edited by m210®: 29 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

User is online   Tekedon 

Not sure if it's just me. But mouseaiming seems a bit more "floaty" Like there is a millisecond of delay or something like that. I don't have this problem in the last release.

*Forget this, problem was on my end it seems..

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 29 December 2018 - 08:44 AM

User is offline   Newken 

No crashes so far. :)

User is online   Tekedon 

No crashes here yet either. Seems to work fine.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

I played through the first episode and have not experienced any crashes or bugs.

Everything is working smoothly so far :)

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, its good :) How about hrp? It seems I forgot to fix filename seaching...maybe in zip

User is offline   m210® 

Polymost of BuildGDX will support shaders too
there is still has a troubles with 2D elements rendering

On second screenshot, there is a shader handling too, but with disabled shades
As you can see, RGB polymost not distorsing colors
It just get palette with shade = 0

Attached File(s)

User is online   Phredreeke 

Can you clarify what RGB Polymost means?

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options