Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   m210 

All textures in Polymost is not 8bit...it's 32bit - red green blue (RGB) + alpha
indexed 8bit data + palette will give RGB...in software renderer textures is always 8bit and you can change palette to make other RGB colors on screen.
In OpenGL 8bit texture loading with current palette and shade = 0, building RGB GLTexture and send it to VRAM, so you can't change palette in runtime.

This post has been edited by m210: 30 December 2018 - 12:00 PM

User is online   Phredreeke 

Isn't that how Polymost has always worked in BloodGDX, as well as in eduke32 before palette emulation was added?

User is offline   m210 

Yes, exactly

User is offline   Tekedon 

Would just like to point out that this latest version seems smoother than ever :) good work!

I have barely had any hitches or anything like that.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 30 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

User is online   Phredreeke 

So is RGB Polymost your term for old Polymost without shaders?

User is offline   m210 

Phredreeke, on 30 December 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

So is RGB Polymost your term for old Polymost without shaders?

Yes. But Im not sure that shaders will be in next release, there is a some troubles, that I need to fix

User is offline   Tekedon 

BloodGDX has come a long way. Stumbled upon this video on youtube by M210

Must be about the earliest footage of GDX in action.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 05 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   m210 

Tekedon, on 05 January 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

BloodGDX has come a long way. Stumbled upon this video on youtube by M210

Must be about the earliest footage of GDX in action.

Yep...and notice, that earlier version also doesn't support RFF of alpha version, just because my port not based on it.

This post has been edited by m210: 06 January 2019 - 12:30 AM

User is offline   asdf33 

Thank you so much for making this and RedneckGDX, m210. Playing these games in Dosbox was such a pain. It's absolutely amazing that we can play this in buttery smooth HD resolution now. It feels like a whole new game. An amazing effort to preserve these classics in all their glory.

User is offline   Drogoganor 

Hi, thanks for your fantastic blood port!

I held a 5 player LAN and while we had fun, the game would go out of sync in co-op or bloodbath + monsters almost instantaneously.

Version was the latest, v0.797

Is this known to be an issue? I'd really love to play through the coop with my friends!

User is offline   thricecursed 

I also have a multiplayer issue, Phantom Express will cause the game to crash to desktop. No major syncing issues, but will crash randomly.

User is offline   Avoozl 

I wish there was a way to disable the annoying siren in the The Siege map.

User is offline   Drogoganor 

Just an update on the out of sync issue I had - I played through a campaign cooperatively with one friend and it didn't go out of sync.

I don't suppose you'd be able to add an option to control the respawn rate of items? We found we were running out of ammo a lot. I'd like it if I could set it to instantly respawn so you could just max out your ammo if you stood on an item. That would be ace!

Another thing is that you lose all your items when you go to the next level. I'd love it if it could keep your items from the last map.

Thanks for the great port!

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options