• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostManhs, on 12 June 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Curious but for later, BLOOD wasn't really made for the mutiplayer, people usually use the shotgun and napalmlauncher, will you work on a "balanced version" later maybe? Some weapons like zippo or tommygun weren't not so effective, maybe just some damage balance idk... The life leech is apparently very op (never tried it) in mp!

This kind of thing should be left to mods. Of course, making these things moddable is a task in its own right.

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostHendricks266, on 12 June 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

This kind of thing should be left to mods. Of course, making these things moddable is a task in its own right.

Yeah a vanilla version and a modded version! Indeed :(

This post has been edited by Manhs: 12 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostManhs, on 12 June 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

BLOOD wasn't really made for the mutiplayer

I don't think that's true. I think there was a lot of attention put into multiplayer.

Plus every multiplayer game has the "strong weapons" and the "weak weapons".

Blood couldn't be more balanced. Every player has the same stats and same opportunities. You have to rely on your agility, aim, and ability to control the map.

I believe you are fairly new to Blood, correct? In that case, I don't think you have enough experience to request changes. You just have to keep playing to get better at using weaker weapons.

I would like to hear feedback/suggestions from tenured players.

User is offline   Manhs 

Actually, i played everything of BLOOD, official maps on extra crispy 1life per map. (I suppose You played so much deathmatch with Blood so that's the reason of it :(
And i played with all the expansions and fan maps of blood freeminded (except for a few maps maybe and not Alone in the dark expansion) in Extra Crispy and 1life per map as well.
About pro stuff, you can check my run of Deaht Wish (version 1.3 who was harder than 1.4) here:
https://youtu.be/ieqi0E0x3HI 1life and extra crispy mode.

And i still think the multiplayer is not perfect (but still good) since the weapons were made for single player basically. I played deathmatch sometimes and people use the shotgun and napalmlauncher for the most, you can compensate it with the "no regen/shield item" option but compared to a game like Quake Live, BLOOD is far to be as balanced as it (Zippo is not useful where the alt of the shotgun do the job for the most) but maybe maps with less.
It' s like saying DOOM2 mp is balanced because you can handle stuff with taking the good weapons and that's it', too easy to say that. In a multiplayer game, you have to have all the weapons who are balanced compared to the others, even a pistol.

But Blood is not supposed to be like a Quake Live MP so i suppose it's not important, it can be helped with maps who don't have a ton of shotgun and shield where some weapons could have a lot of disadvantage (tommygun on megarmor, dynamite compared to napalmlauncher).
Without armor and items like that, the weapons are useful for a lot of them and the game is more balanced, the fact is when people use the megarmor, some weapons can be less useful like the Teslda gun.
Check real mp games like Quake Live and others and you will understand what i mean, you have a basic weapon when you have no more ammo and can have an ultimate rare weapon but usually all the weapons are at the same power and the armor change so much things on Blood Deathmatch.

It could be just via a mod, not with the normal game for sure, also for you have the autoaim who is dumb in a deathmatch game (but again, it was made basically for single player).
I could try maybe the other weapons but in the maps I played in deathmatch, shotgun and napalmlauncher seem to be really the best deal.

And it's the same with all the retro classic fps for the most who are based on the single player, even Heretic seem to be for me the most balanced but even that, projectiles are a bit too slow for deathmatch (even if you can deal with it easily if you aim well but it's a bit crazy then) so better to have maps who are not too big and i noticed the dragon claw is far the best deal to use (very strong hitscan on DM) even compared to the crossbow or firemace, just an exemple.

"blood dm is balanced, you have just to deal with the stuff, know the maps and find the items/weapons before the others and it's all good"
Actually, a multiplayer in fps doesn't work like that at all, that's why you have some camp at some items, imagine if Quake Live and some others fps were like that, not good.

This post has been edited by Manhs: 12 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

User is offline   Manhs 

Can't edit but i will say, it's not a big deal, if people make maps without 10 megarmor and balance the stuff IN the maps, it could be the good deal.
We can keep the retro fps deathmatch style (like SW97 dm), but the maps are better to be without a lot of megarmor and shotgun.
It's better to start with a flaregun/zippo than with a shotgun and an armor not far from you i think?

Playing BLOOD DM without the items (health+armor) is far more fair, if there is some health but not a lot, it could be good too but some maps are full of the best items.
But i suppose the actual BLOOD DM is made to have his own strategy style. I played a lot of mp games (Quake Live, Quake Champions, Toxikk) so maybe it could be better to keep it as it is now, people can still use some options (no items) or some maps to play DM without the "try to get the best items quickly", i prefer the paced of a Quake Live DM than BLOOD but yeah, it's different.
There is still some options basically, to play it as we want anyway :(

I played often BLOOD DM in the past but it was duel, pretty hard if you don't know the maps and don't have skill of the people who played duel for years :x
hum, maybe Blood deathmatch with 5 people or more could fix things too, 1 medic pack or 1 megarmor should not be a problem anymore.

This post has been edited by Manhs: 13 June 2018 - 12:18 AM

User is offline   Manhs 

Can edit...
Im open to debate, you don't need to talk like that to me, Spill
I can understand, maybe blood is balanced in his own way for deathmatch... but yeah i played more duel than dm and it was very hard, i suppose it needs to know the maps very well and some strategy and have some skills (really intense).
I will try to play deathmatch with some people later to see it, it was just an opinion, no need to be angry because that. "like, should the life leech be rebalanced for dm but it's an ultimate weap (i think)?" or this kind of thing
Have a good day.

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostManhs, on 13 June 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

you don't need to talk like that to me, Spill...

no need to be angry because that

I believe my communication was very respectful.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was angry.

User is offline   ocpjr 

I have been watching from the sidelines hoping to see a multiplayer release someday. Hopefully the source is kept unreleased to detour any cheating in bloodbath or at least a at game start version/file check of some sort. As for messing with the weapons...please don't. May as well call it something besides Blood if you do. Keep the original game play in tact. I tried an earlier version and must say I was quite impressed. Looked and felt like Blood. Keep up the good work. Only suggestions I can think of would be a spectator mode or recording demos similar to Dukes Demo Editor. Small, space friendly demo files. Or an ability to choose player teams. As far as modifying weapons? Pfft. I have to agree 100% with spill on that one. This isn't Quake and I wouldn't want it to be.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postocpjr, on 14 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Hopefully the source is kept unreleased to detour any cheating in bloodbath or at least a at game start version/file check of some sort.

This is the same misconception Jace Hall had when he made his famous visit to Posty. Obscurity is not security, and security can be achieved in open source code. Simplistic hDuke-style anti-cheat only serves to limit mods, and can also be hacked around.

User is offline   Manhs 

View Postocpjr, on 14 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

I have been watching from the sidelines hoping to see a multiplayer release someday. Hopefully the source is kept unreleased to detour any cheating in bloodbath or at least a at game start version/file check of some sort. As for messing with the weapons...please don't. May as well call it something besides Blood if you do. Keep the original game play in tact. I tried an earlier version and must say I was quite impressed. Looked and felt like Blood. Keep up the good work. Only suggestions I can think of would be a spectator mode or recording demos similar to Dukes Demo Editor. Small, space friendly demo files. Or an ability to choose player teams. As far as modifying weapons? Pfft. I have to agree 100% with spill on that one. This isn't Quake and I wouldn't want it to be.

He is gonna keep it like the original game, that's the point.
I was just talking if there could be some modding for some other possibilities of gameplay. Anyway i think a rebalance of weapons is maybe not needed even for that, what i would like in fact, could be a option mode to have only the health hearth who give 20hp to play it as an arena shooter but first, the original game yeah.

User is offline   m210® 

I made a new nettest with two PC's connected by Wifi

You can see some bugs on this video, which I need to fix

But gameplay part of multiplayer is almost completed

This post has been edited by M210: 15 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   ocpjr 

Looks excellent. Can't wait to try out Bloodbath. Great work on the whole project.

User is offline   ocpjr 

After you finish multiplayer my only hope will be that Poda will support Blood GDX on Meltdown.

User is offline   Manhs 

View Postocpjr, on 15 June 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

After you finish multiplayer my only hope will be that Poda will support Blood GDX on Meltdown.

but meltdown is not only for build engine games? (just curious)
It could be cool to have a list of servers for sure! :(
Seeing the new videos of the mp from m210 make me more enthousiastic every time hehe, very cool!

User is offline   m210® 

So, classic multiplayer code working fine, but requires a good internet connection

This post has been edited by M210: 01 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

Good work M210 :(

Will you be able to save and load during coop multiplayer?
I don't remember how it was in the original Blood.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 01 July 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Will you be able to save and load during coop multiplayer?
I don't remember how it was in the original Blood.

Load/save doesn't works in original game.
Feature is working, but it's shown player unsync after load. Loaded game can be completed, but with this message.
I still don't know, how to fix checksumm array after load game....so I also disabled this feature, as in original :(

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

View PostM210, on 01 July 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Load/save doesn't works in original game. Feature is working, but it's shown player unsync after load. Loaded game can be completed, but with this message. I still don't know, how to fix checksumm array after load game....so I also disabled this feature, as in original :(

I understand. Would be cool if you can implement it properly at some point :P

View PostM210, on 01 July 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

So, classic multiplayer code working fine, but requires a good internet connection

Since you called it "classic multiplayer code", do you intend to write a new multiplayer/net code?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 01 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Since you called it "classic multiplayer code", do you intend to write a new multiplayer/net code?

I want to write it...but time will show :(

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostM210, on 01 July 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

Great work! How good connection does it require? Just curious.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 01 July 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Great work! How good connection does it require? Just curious.

I think with ping about less then 100ms.

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostM210, on 01 July 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

I think with ping about less then 100ms.

Cool, no problem for me. I have a 300/10 mbit connection (in actuality about 350/12). But worse for my brother who is stuck with DSL which is 10/10.
Is the requirments for netplay in GDX something that can be improved on in the future? Or is it what it is?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 01 July 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Is the requirments for netplay in GDX something that can be improved on in the future?

What do you mean?

User is offline   Tiddalick 

I assume Tekedon means will the these high requirements (for playing online) going to stay the same, or will you work on them in the future.
In essence, are you going to work on the net code in the future.

I think you have already answered this.

I think the original netcode used IPX. Is this true?
So you must have done some changes anyway to make it work. That alone has probably improved the stability of the experience.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTiddalick, on 02 July 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

I think the original netcode used IPX. Is this true?

Setup.exe in dosbox showing IPX, yes :(
But JFBuild and other ports using UDP, so my code also using UDP.

I don't know, will I improved classic netcode. I think it will be easiest to write my own instead of understand how it works.

This post has been edited by M210: 02 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I made a new drunk effect today :(

Attached File(s)

User is online   Tekedon 

Pretty cool, maybe you could make options for switching between drunk effect modes?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 05 July 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Pretty cool, maybe you could make options for switching between drunk effect modes?

This is an only one drunk mode

User is online   Mark 

Did you discover that effect by accident?

User is offline   m210® 

I made a new revive system for coop :(
https://youtu.be/4lBa4RAFPrQ

Did you discover that effect by accident?

Why by accident? I reverse engeneered this function...it's just a renderer to texture

This post has been edited by M210: 06 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options