• You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNewken, on 24 January 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Mouse resetting to center when you open menu or console

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This is not a problem or bug, but a technical question:

Assuming I have several addon files in the same directory, would they get in conflict with each other if they contain assets with the same name (e.g. tiles015.art in more than one addon) or is BloodGDX "smart" enough to only use assets from within the zip file which is currently loaded?

I am wondering this because if I integrate an .ini file into an addon, I expect BloodGDX to load stuff only from within that zipfile, but I am not sure if it works that way. It would allow you to have all addons within the same folder and just switch between them by picking different .inis, regardless of "duplicate" assets (CD tracks, sounds, art, maps etc.). If it's not like that right now, it'd be a nice idea for a future update.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 25 January 2019 - 02:29 AM

User is offline   Newken 

View Postm210®, on 24 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Mouse resetting to center when you open menu or console
I don't have a problem with it.

The crosshair should not move automatically after closing the main menu. In that video, I'm not moving the crosshair, but somehow it remembers the cursor position from the main menu and makes a move.

User is offline   fgsfds 

That's how it works right now. Addon should be self contained in a zip archive or a separate folder, and the game will only load stuff from this zip/folder, prioritising it over an autoloader folder.

Would it be possible to make controls more context sensitive?

I was playing with my Xbox controller, and I had jump set to A, and interact set to X. However, when I'm in the menu, I have to use X to select a menu item when I'd like to use A. Also, I'd like to use B to go back, but I have to use Start.

I see that you already have custom gamepad menu actions for MENU_UP, MENU_DOWN, MENU_LEFT, and MENU_RIGHT.

However, there are other actions that are tied together that I think should be separated, such as OPEN/CLOSE_MENU, and OPEN / MENU_ENTER.

The OPEN / MENU_ENTER bindings should be separated into two OPEN and MENU_ENTER actions, so I can set OPEN to X and set MENU_ENTER to A.

OPEN/CLOSE_MENU should be be changed so that the only thing it does is Open/Close the menu, no matter how deep you are in the options, and a new MENU_BACK binding should be added for going back in the menus, so I can set OPEN/CLOSE_MENU to Start and set MENU_BACK to B.

EDIT: I also just realized that when you finish a level, it says press any key to continue. However, no button on the controller works, I have to hit an actual key on the keyboard. I would like the controller to be registered there, please. Thanks.

I love the work you are doing, nonetheless! One of my favorite games of all time, brought to us in modern times! :)

This post has been edited by ChristianTheSatanist: 26 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

• The Truth is in here

Two issues in "Death Wish":

1) E3M4 "Bogey Beach": Door of the start room does not open. This worked for me after reloading a savegame from previous level and entering E3M4 again. May still be worth checking out.
2) E3M9 "Nightmare": Leading a summoned Gill Beast across the platform to open the nearby gate doesn't work ("cha cha cha" sound does not play, nothing happens in general --> showstopper!). I was only able to continue via noclip cheat.

Tested with:
- BloodGDX v0.799
- Death Wish v1.5.10

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 January 2019 - 07:08 AM

View PostNightFright, on 28 January 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

Two issues in "Death Wish":

1) E3M4 "Bogey Beach": Door of the start room does not open. This worked for me after reloading a savegame from previous level and entering E3M4 again. May still be worth checking out.
2) E3M9 "Nightmare": Leading a summoned Gill Beast across the platform to open the nearby gate doesn't work ("cha cha cha" sound does not play, nothing happens in general --> showstopper!). I was only able to continue via noclip cheat.

Tested with:
- BloodGDX v0.799
- Death Wish v1.5.10

Have you tested this on previous versions? I've played DW all the way through on GDX before and remember both of those levels -- there were no issues when I played them. That was probably several versions ago, though. I'll have to queue it up again in v0.799.

EDIT: Just tested both. I can't reproduce the door not opening, but I can confirm that the Gill Beast does not properly trigger an event like it should. Does it work as intended in DOS? If it doesn't, then it's a bug in DW, if it does, then there might be something wrong with GDX.

This post has been edited by ChristianTheSatanist: 28 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

• The Truth is in here

Well, the videos I have linked above were made with BloodGDX, presumably with a version that was available at that time (Nov 2017, probably something like v0.779). So it used to work at some point. However, since new versions of both the mod and the port have been released, it's hard to say which change is to blame. At least, after having finished Death Wish today, I can say this is the only problem I was able to find. There are other maps in DW in which it is required to lead monsters to certain spots, but these worked without issues.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

User is offline   Mariusz 

Yes, this is a mistake in death wish 1.5.10
In version 1.5.9 this problem does not occur.

• The Truth is in here

Ah, so it's an issue with the mod and we need to wait for the next DW update, I guess. For the time being, I guess you could use dwe3m9.map from v1.5.9 to avoid the problem.

User is offline   malvado 

View Postm210®, on 24 January 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

As Nachuro said, you can switch between drivers in 0.799 version.

Awesome, thanks! It runs great now, no freezes at all, and the sounds are real Blood sounds, too, awesome job.

User is offline   Nachuro 

View PostNightFright, on 29 January 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

Ah, so it's an issue with the mod and we need to wait for the next DW update, I guess. For the time being, I guess you could use dwe3m9.map from v1.5.9 to avoid the problem.

Bloatoid tested this issue himself and found that the interaction worked without issue.

"tested it in DOSBox
works fine
works in GDX 0.794
works in GDX 0.799"

He'd post that information himself, but he is currently unable to reply on this thread.

• The Truth is in here

It also worked with latest DW release? One way or the other, it doesn't change the fact it didn't work for me. So there IS a problem somewhere.

DW 1.5.10 works well in DOSbox
however, something is wrong, under Gdx 0799 dw 1.5.10 it does not open the door
in gdx 0.799, DW 1.5.9 works well.

• The Truth is in here

OK, if latest DW works in DosBox but not with latest BloodGDX, it must be assumed it's a port-related issue after all and needs to be investigated.

I played on the previous version of gdx 0798 in dw 1.5.10, and everything went ok
I will continue to test different variants of gdx and dw

This post has been edited by Mariusz: 30 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

In the most recent version as of this post (v0.799), loading a save game (including hitting the use key after dying) re-enables slope tilting despite the setting you choose. If you change it back and forth in the menu after this occurs, it will follow the selection. Alternatively, starting a new game respects the setting too. I'm not sure if this bug has been around for a while or only recently, but it's a bit disorienting.

Also, would there be any means to manually adjust the crosshair to be perfectly centered on the screen?

This post has been edited by Fists Akimbo: 08 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I already noticed slopetilt bug. I will fix it in the next release.

View PostFists Akimbo, on 08 February 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Also, would there be any means to manually adjust the crosshair to be perfectly centered on the screen?

No, crosshair depends on weapon dynamic model.

Any chance you'll consider improving the controller options I requested?

User is offline   PH4N70MMm 

hey, m210, i noticed a bug/problem with bloodgdx v0.799.
whenever i would load any save file, be it quickload, or with the menu, the 'slope tilting' seems to automatically turn on. and even when loading once, and going into the settings, it would say off, but i would often have to flicker it just to get it back to normal. i found this bug a long time ago in v0.798 as well. i don't remember anything like this happening with v0.797. having to manually go into the settings and flicker it on & off is annoying, and i was hoping you could at least fix it for the v0.800 release of bloodgdx.

have a nice day. :)))

View PostPH4N70MMm, on 09 February 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

hey, m210, i noticed a bug/problem with bloodgdx v0.799, the 'slope tilting' seems to automatically turn on.

Actually, I've noticed this, too. I hate slope tilting, but had no idea what was going on when my character would slope tilt even though the setting was off. Very annoying when trying to move around and the screen keeps shifting.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostChristianTheSatanist, on 08 February 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Any chance you'll consider improving the controller options I requested?

Yes, I can add a button commands for gamepad

User is offline   Kamika007z 

I'm seeing the same issue regarding slope tilting also.

I would have to enable and then re-enable within the game to disable it again.

Thanks m210!

This post has been edited by Kamika007z: 10 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostFists Akimbo, on 08 February 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

loading a save game (including hitting the use key after dying) re-enables slope tilting despite the setting you choose.

View PostPH4N70MMm, on 09 February 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

the 'slope tilting' seems to automatically turn on.

View PostKamika007z, on 10 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

I would have to enable and then re-enable within the game to disable it again.

I can understand it the first time.

View Postm210®, on 08 February 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

I already noticed slopetilt bug. I will fix it in the next release.

User is offline   Devon 

Hi!

ever since 798 was released i have had alot more issues with stable frame pacing and/or stutter.

until now i have been using the borderless gaming program to achieve windowed fullscreen.

And that has been my only way of getting bloodgdx to run perfectly smooth.

Now after 798.

13. Borderless mode will enable if windowed desktop resolution is choosed.

With this change i cant run it smooth as it used to be.

Is there a console command to disable this ingame borderless mode?

Best regards!

User is offline   Kamika007z 

View Postm210®, on 11 February 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

I can understand it the first time.

Thanks m! You're the best. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier response about it. We really appreciate it.

Any other updates/fixes or features you're adding in v800+ that we can expect?

A few things I have also been noticing in addition:

1. Have you been getting any reports of audio cutting out with certain things such as jumping and landing on the ground? It seems as though, ever since version 797 or version 798 audio is being handled differently, causing it to "miss" certain sound effects from playing, such as jumping and landing. I know the game originally would miss a few things here and there based on the environment, but I'm noticing it more than ever now since the newer releases of GDX.

2. Another is when crouching and firing. I have my keys set to press and hold LCTRL to crouch and when I fire, Caleb does his Alt Fire and not the single/regular fire when crouching. I checked all my key binds and they all check out but I have been noticing this being the case on v799.

3. Creating a save game and then creating another newer save game but with the same name doesn't overwrite the original (it should ask to I think) so you can load either saved games with the same name, but when saving while in the game you're only presented with the one saved game name (not both) with only one thumbnail showing of the last/current game loaded. So the thumbnail might be incorrect if you loaded one but then loaded the other save.

Thanks again!!

This post has been edited by Kamika007z: 12 February 2019 - 05:33 AM

User is offline   pagb666 

View PostDevon, on 11 February 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Hi!

ever since 798 was released i have had alot more issues with stable frame pacing and/or stutter.

until now i have been using the borderless gaming program to achieve windowed fullscreen.

And that has been my only way of getting bloodgdx to run perfectly smooth.

Now after 798.

13. Borderless mode will enable if windowed desktop resolution is choosed.

With this change i cant run it smooth as it used to be.

Best regards!

I'm on the same boat here

(Finally, my account has been validated. It only took like 4 tries)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDevon, on 11 February 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Best regards!

No yet, but maybe I will add it.

This post has been edited by m210®: 13 February 2019 - 07:46 AM

User is offline   SonicB00M 

I too would like to see an option to disable automatic Borderless Window. I'm using another software for that and it works better on my system than the built in one.

User is offline   m210® 

I want that you try this version. Maybe this version will better handle vsync

http://m210.ucoz.ru/...oodGDX_test.jar

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options