• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostM210, on 13 January 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

I forgot, that original RFS file in BloodLines has a script typo, and console message you about it:

Open SND.rfs, find
data "BLUDLINE\RAW\SHOT.SFX as 9010: 100, 0x10000, 0x0, 1, -1, "shot";
and replace it to data "BLUDLINE\RAW\SHOT.SFX" as 9010: 100, 0x10000, 0x0, 1, -1, "shot";

After this changes bloodlines will work correctly

Do you need to do this to the BLUDLINE.RFF file that you posted earlier? Or only to the Bludline files that you would get elsewhere on the net?

User is offline   m210® 

You don't need do something with blood.rff, because this is a RFF. You need fix rfs archive, if you will launch unpacked bloodlines version.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

This ROR sector is broken in E1L2 of Cryptic Passage, looking down the trap door on the theater stage:
Attached File  Blood1.jpg (160.52K)
Number of downloads: 25

I also never noticed that when first entering this room Caleb says the line "There's no business like show business", but the line is messed up and partially repeats itself. This also happens in the original (through DOSbox) as well. Is there any way to fix this in BloodGDX?

As always, keep up the great work :dukecigar:

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Death, on 15 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

. Is there any way to fix this in BloodGDX?

I don't know

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMr. Death, on 15 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

"There's no business like show business", but the line is messed up and partially repeats itself.

I was never sure if it's intentional or a bug. Anyway, it can be fixed by editing the original sound file, I guess.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 16 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

BloodGDX v0.687 - Super Secrets do not add to secret count value. I have message "secret found" (when find super secret) but counter doesn't change its value. Not map-related bug, I've seen videos of this map with some previous version of BloodGDX, and everything is OK there.

View PostMere_Duke, on 25 January 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

BloodGDX v0.687 - Super Secrets do not add to secret count value. I have message "secret found" (when find super secret) but counter doesn't change its value. Not map-related bug, I've seen videos of this map with some previous version of BloodGDX, and everything is OK there.

The video shows that bug at 12:28.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Dynamite throwing bug.

1. Press left mouse button (primary) to throw dynamite
2. As soon as the left mouse button is released, press and hold the right mouse button
3. Then quickly follow and press and hold the left mouse button.
4. Caleb will loop his hands like he is throwing dynamite (hand is empty), no dynamite is thrown.

User is offline   junker95 

Would it be at all possible to use https://github.com/libgdx/packr for future builds?

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I will try it.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTiddalick, on 27 January 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

Dynamite throwing bug.

1. Press left mouse button (primary) to throw dynamite
2. As soon as the left mouse button is released, press and hold the right mouse button
3. Then quickly follow and press and hold the left mouse button.
4. Caleb will loop his hands like he is throwing dynamite (hand is empty), no dynamite is thrown.

You can just hold altfire for see this situation :dukecigar:
So, it's fixed now

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMere_Duke, on 25 January 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Counter shown simply secrets only, it's not a bug

This post has been edited by M210: 07 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Messed around with Bloody Pulp Fiction and the intro to Episode 2 does not play correctly even though there is nothing wrong the file itself.

User is offline   m210® 

When I worked on new version of Tekwar, I fixed smacker library. I think it will working property now.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 09 February 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

When I worked on new version of Tekwar, I fixed smacker library. I think it will working property now.

Cool, I'll test it with the next release and report back then.

View PostM210, on 07 February 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Counter shown simply secrets only, it's not a bug

But the total amount of secrets is still == secrets_count + supersercrets_count.
That's why at the end of the level you will see 6/7 (not 6/6) even if you found all secrets.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostZaxx, on 10 February 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Cool, I'll test it with the next release and report back then.

Just checked. Cutscenes now work in both BPF and CWHHROT.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postfgsfds, on 10 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Just checked. Cutscenes now work in both BPF and CWHHROT.

They work, some just don't play correctly: for example the second episode's intro in BPF plays but the image gets all jumbled like if the encoding was bad but when you play it outside the game it's perfect. But as I've said I will check it out again in the NEXT release (not the current one) and report back.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 February 2018 - 02:44 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

I mean, they work properly in the next (unreleased yet) version.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postfgsfds, on 11 February 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

I mean, they work properly in the next (unreleased yet) version.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, it's good to know.

User is offline   malvado 

Hi, BloodGDX cutsenes aren't working for me. Only the initial cutscenes work (the logos) but the actual in-game cutscenes don't. Any help? Thanks.

Edit: I found the fix and I followed the instructions, but the cutscenes still don't work and it completely screwed up the colours of my game for some reason. Provided a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/RwOBG

This post has been edited by malvado: 12 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   Jim 

The mother spider's position in Blood E3M3 seems to be different between GDX and Dosbox. Can somebody check? What I meant is that it can clip into the ground at the bottom of the Pool

This post has been edited by Jim: 14 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

User is offline   Ceekur 

View PostJim, on 14 February 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

The mother spider's position in Blood E3M3 seems to be different between GDX and Dosbox. Can somebody check? What I meant is that it can clip into the ground at the bottom of the Pool

I can confirm that this happens on both versions. Something up with the texture and sector "hitbox" I guess. Interesting to note that the edges of the pool (mainly the side closest to the key and Napalm Launcher) doesn't have the clipping issue.

Spoiler

User is offline   Manhs 

Not sure if it's bug but it happened, 1 or 2 rat didnt see me and i was in front of them, i had to be really close to make them attack me.... again, not sure but in case!

Another bug, i don't know if it was said, but for the music, sometimes midi, cd mp3 and external are switched, like, i put "midi" and i have the "mp3 version instead" it happens sometimes.

This post has been edited by Manhs: 16 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

User is offline   SPILL 

Hey Ceekur, I believe it is because they set that sector to have a depth value (Like walking in mud or water with no lower stack). It is probably just an error left in the game on accident. I can confirm by looking in mapedit.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 16 February 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hey Ceekur, I believe it is because they set that sector to have a depth value (Like walking in mud or water with no lower stack). It is probably just an error left in the game on accident. I can confirm by looking in mapedit.

What do you think, maybe it's need to disable depth flag in underwater sectors?

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostM210, on 17 February 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

What do you think, maybe it's need to disable depth flag in underwater sectors?

I would leave it just in case a future map-editor wants to utilize the depth function underwater. I'm not sure what exactly they might use it for but just in case. Plus it is just an artistic error not necessarily a bug or glitch.

User is offline   Ceekur 

View PostSPILL, on 16 February 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Fortunately it's just a visual thing (mostly just hides the fish swimming). I suppose the map could be touched up if the user wanted to have the hitbox line up. But I think the most important goal of GDX is making sure it's as accurate to the original as we can get it, unless it's something game-breaking like the difficulty inversion or optional such as custom difficulty.

Hey M210, I'm finding a fairly consistent flare alt-fire bug in the latest version.

https://gfycat.com/g...eficialCapybara

Occasionally the starburst will spawn a whole new set of stars upon impact, each of which does almost as much damage as the normal altfire is supposed to (80-90 fire damage). The starburst impacts properly, dealing damage, but then spawns new flare-stars in random directions.

User is offline   m210® 

Yeah, I already fix this bug :dukecigar: Also I noticed crash logs from people who have original dos savegame files in game folder. I fix this crash too, so I released the next version soon

User is offline   Caleb 

Ever since 0.786, I can see the top edge of the sky boxes when I look up. The background above the skybox is dark grey. Before 0.786, the original skyboxes were stretched, but I wasn't able to see the edge on top of the screen. I am not using the HD ones included in previous versions. I'm currently using 0.788 in 1920x1080, 32bit on a clean GOG install of Blood.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options