• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   pagb666 

View PostTekedon, on 23 May 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Cannot remember the name of that specific map, was just a random map. But I found another example, it's a map called CruiseForACorpse.zip it's under Various\Incensed(AlastairPatersonAndPhilipRobinson) in BME's mappack 2018 http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=599

It happens when you turn around right at the beginning of that map.

Runs fine for me. A bit of graphical glitching with the glass and the sky, but that's it.

User is offline   Tekedon 

View Postpagb666, on 24 May 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

Runs fine for me. A bit of graphical glitching with the glass and the sky, but that's it.

That's strange. Maybe I should try re-installning.

Nope, definatly some bug in GDX. Tried an older version and did not happen. Also tried to re-install new version (both with and without java included) and bug was there. Also a strange version of this bug happened in one of my unreleased maps, the game would slow down in a big area and then speed up instead like it's compensating for the missed frames. So seems like it's somehow due to big areas.

Here is a video on what happens on my map. Youtube link

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 25 May 2019 - 03:11 AM

View PostTekedon, on 25 May 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

Nope, definatly some bug in GDX. Tried an older version and did not happen. Also tried to re-install new version (both with and without java included) and bug was there. Also a strange version of this bug happened in one of my unreleased maps, the game would slow down in a big area and then speed up instead like it's compensating for the missed frames. So seems like it's somehow due to big areas.

Here is a video on what happens on my map. Youtube link

It was something with the Blood installation itself, tried installning a fresh copy and works now. Still strange.

*UPDATE* Nailed the problem, it was due to the highres skyboxes, when using them the bug starts again, so definatly a bug. But is it's the skyboxes themselves or something else I don't know.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 26 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

User is offline   pagb666 

View PostTekedon, on 26 May 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

It was something with the Blood installation itself, tried installning a fresh copy and works now. Still strange.

*UPDATE* Nailed the problem, it was due to the highres skyboxes, when using them the bug starts again, so definatly a bug. But is it's the skyboxes themselves or something else I don't know.

I use the skyboxes, still no stutter here xD

View Postpagb666, on 26 May 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

I use the skyboxes, still no stutter here xD

Then I don't know...

User is offline   Phredreeke 

On my GPD Win, I get stutters in both eduke32 and BuildGDX when using skyboxes. So yeah that seems to explain it.

View PostPhredreeke, on 27 May 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

On my GPD Win, I get stutters in both eduke32 and BuildGDX when using skyboxes. So yeah that seems to explain it.

M210 needs to check this since it is still probably a bug in GDX that happens maybe only on certain setups. As I said before this does not happen in older versions and not in any other ports. And this isn't usual stutter, slows down to slowmo and then speeds up like it's in fast forward after like shown in my clip.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Probably not since it happens in eduke32 as well

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 May 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Probably not since it happens in eduke32 as well

I see, maybe his new renderer will fix it.

User is offline   Avenger 

How do I get the music and cut scene videos working in TekWar?

I have ripped the files from my disc, renamed them Track02-13 and placed them into the game folder but still nothing even with "CD Audio " selected in the settings.

As for the videos, I have the game set to "on" but still nothing and it's pretty detrimental to the game play experience as they tell you what your objectives are...

This post has been edited by Avenger: 29 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostAvenger, on 29 May 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

I have ripped the files from my disc, renamed them Track02-13

Where did you get that many? Original CD only has 4 music tracks. Anyway, I just checked, and it seems CD music isn't supported yet.

View PostAvenger, on 29 May 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

As for the videos, I have the game set to "on" but still nothing

You need to copy .SMK files into the game folder.

View Postfgsfds, on 29 May 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Where did you get that many? Original CD only has 4 music tracks. Anyway, I just checked, and it seems CD music isn't supported yet.

[size="2"]

You need to copy .SMK files into the game folder.

Thanks for the reply.

That solved the issue of the videos.

What is the extension of the music files? There's a possibility I used the wrong ones...

They need to Be converted to .ogg, correct?

If CD audio does not currently work, is another format supported at this point in time? MIDI? External?

Cheers.

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's ogg, but I can confirm it doesn't work. Better wait for the next release.
MIDI and external work, but there are no external music packs for this game.

View Postfgsfds, on 30 May 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

It's ogg, but I can confirm it doesn't work. Better wait for the next release.
MIDI and external work, but there are no external music packs for this game.

Alright.

On the disc itself though, what is the extension of the music files?

I will rip and convert them now so that I'm ready when the next release that supports CD Audio is ready.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostAvenger, on 30 May 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

I will rip and convert them now so that I'm ready when the next release that supports CD Audio is ready.

You'll probably need a .cue file too, keep it just in case after you rip the music.

Hey guys, I'm playing Blood in co-op right now and whenever I press shift to run, Caleb stands completely still and stops reacting to any input at all. Same for my 2 friends. Is there any workaround for this bug?

View PostMr. Matt Eastwood, on 31 May 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hey guys, I'm playing Blood in co-op right now and whenever I press shift to run, Caleb stands completely still and stops reacting to any input at all. Same for my 2 friends. Is there any workaround for this bug?

Also, every time we finish a level, we're out of sync in the next one. Is BuildGDX multiplayer simply not ready for prime time yet?

Noticed some bugs in multiplayer while playing with my brother this evening. Some items do not spawn even if items are set to spawn, the ones I notcied are "jumping boots" and "life seed" and my brother said also the superarmor does not spawn.

Also the left shift key seems to lock all control inputs, if you hold down shift in multiplayer you cannot move or do anything at all, this does not happen in single player.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 08 June 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Noticed some bugs in multiplayer while playing with my brother this evening. Some items do not spawn even if items are set to spawn, the ones I notcied are "jumping boots" and "life seed" and my brother said also the superarmor does not spawn.

Also the left shift key seems to lock all control inputs, if you hold down shift in multiplayer you cannot move or do anything at all, this does not happen in single player.

Ok, I will check it

Hey m210, do you think you could implement an option where all the config files are saved in the same folder as the BuildGDX files, not in the user\M210Projects folder. It would be awesome to have an easily portable version of BuildGDX.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Matt Eastwood, on 20 June 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Hey m210, do you think you could implement an option where all the config files are saved in the same folder as the BuildGDX files, not in the user\M210Projects folder. It would be awesome to have an easily portable version of BuildGDX.

I will think about it, but BuildGDX already has the portable mode

View Postm210®, on 01 July 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

I will think about it, but BuildGDX already has the portable mode

Hey, I didn't know that. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but could you post a quick guide on how to activate portable mode?

This post has been edited by Mr. Matt Eastwood: 01 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMr. Matt Eastwood, on 01 July 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Hey, I didn't know that. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but could you post a quick guide on how to activate portable mode?

It only works if you put the port files into a game folder.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I didn't get anything when I searched for the obvious terms.
Is there a way to save settings? I have to manually select every option I want both in the proceeding menu and in-game in both Blood and Tekwar. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 if that affected anything.

User is offline   Necrobitz 

Something very strange is happening to me, I made a test skybox, I loaded it in bloodgdx with the corresponding def, it worked ok, dimensions 1024x1024. I decide to make a version of the first level skybox, tile 2500, I do it in photoshop just like the test one and with other file names I include it, first I leave the definition of the previous one as a comment / * * /.
I go into bloodgdx and it turns out that I get the first one, I delete the images and the complete comment of the zip, I start again and the first skybox continues, I move the zip to the desktop and prepare one with only the images of the skybox and a def with Only the lines of the latter. I start bloodgdx and I get the default skybox !!!!

I return to photoshop and export again, this time in PNG 24 without transparency or anything, I create from scratch the def, the zip, start and nothing! The default one still appears.

I go back to the initial zip and review everything, no trace of the images of the first test skybox or any reference to the def file, but I still see the first one I did! Although I already directly deleted the jpg in a desperate attempt.

I do not understand anything, does bloodgdx have any type of buffer?

I was trying to put other zips with skyboxes and they all load well!

I am very lost ...

Edit. - Of course at all times there was only one zip at a time in the autoload folder.

This post has been edited by Necrobitz: 01 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Here are the zip file of skybox plus the bloodgdx.log

skybox_no_load.rar

by the way, I have no problem with other files, it loads everything well, this in principle was part of a modification of the HRP of Blood TC,
all textures, models and voxels were loaded correctly except this skybox, much of the material was mine and the method to create it was
the same as these jpg and everything loads well.

Edit1. - I've tried other sizes, 512x512, 960x960, 2048x2048, 256x256... No one works.

Edit2. - yes, it's on windows xp, I need it on this machine, all woks ok.

This post has been edited by Necrobitz: 01 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's Rar, not Zip.

It's a rar, inside is the skybox zip and the bloodgdx log

User is offline   fgsfds 

Attached File  scr-e2m1blood.ini-0000.png (1.46MB)
Number of downloads: 20

Works for me. 2500 is not "first level skybox" it's episode 2 skybox.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options