Duke4.net Forums: World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap  "My package arrives."

User is offline   JacketAU 

Honestly it's pretty inspiring how much this must be a passion project for you, with comments going so far back, reading through them has been quite a journey and seeing this project slowly evolve over time through that lens has been nice, do you have a discord group for your project?

User is offline   Massacher 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 October 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Option: Developer commentary. Use `setvar commentary <value>` in the console to configure. 0 - off, 1 - on, 2 - show but don't allow playback

[Polymer only] For the time being, normal maps only work with `r_pr_artmapping 0`, for the same reason texture filtering is incompatible with the artmapping feature.

What does don't allow playback mean?

What is polymer?

This post has been edited by Massacher: 30 July 2024 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I guess it would show the icons, but if you click on them, there wouldn't be any audio. (Even though I'm not totally sure what's the point of such an option.)
As for Polymer: That's a more modern, more demanding (but somewhat imperfect) renderer with advanced visual effects compared to the usual default, Polymost.

User is offline   t800 

Did normal maps feature got broken in more modern builds of Eduke32? I am using r10593-19c21b9ab (it got installed with Build Launcher I am testing right now). And I just cant get it displayed. Yes, I tried to toggle r_pr_artmapping to 0 in console but with no avail. Any help?

User is offline   t800 

OK, disregard my previous post. It is problem connected with way BuildLauncher utilizes Eduke32 and its stopgap patch. It just adds new dynamic lights but normal maps for textures dont work. But standart way of using stopgap patch in ordinary Eduke32 folder with all World Tour data still work correctly. So, it is not your problem at all. :)

This post has been edited by t800: 02 October 2024 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Will be fixed in the next version

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 03 October 2024 - 04:07 AM

User is offline   lwc 

View PostAdamputee, on 03 November 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

Warning guys, incoming update!!!

November 2, 2016
General
Restored original sound FX quality
Added option to disable auto-aim
Updated Duke3D.GRP file to work with source ports, and included original DUKE.RTS file
“Use” button now traces to the crosshair, removing the need to crouch to use low buttons
Widescreen aspect ratios now increase viewport width (rather than clipping height)
Fixed Prima Arena (E5L8) so players can get 100% kills
Improved sound ducking when listening to dev commentary
Fixed “Clear” and “Reset” buttons in the keyboard config menu having their functionality swapped
Pushing up on the right analog stick no longer toggles the run state

Is there anywhere to download just the patch itself? Does it work natively with EDuke32 even without Stopgap?
Thanks!

This post has been edited by lwc: 20 October 2024 - 02:12 AM

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options