Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You ever get the feeling that Overlord DVD might be working for Disney to pacify the fandom?

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostJimmy, on 10 February 2022 - 01:23 PM, said:

You ever get the feeling that Overlord DVD might be working for Disney to pacify the fandom?

At this point, I think even Doomcock has lost faith in Star Wars as a whole. At least going by his review of the last episode and his latest video uploaded.

I think the worst think is that Star Wars is already fucked up, Star Trek is trash beyond repair and now they are going for Lord of the Rings.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah but just a few months ago Mando/Book of Boba Fett/Ahsoka etc was going to "save Star Wars and eject those destroying SW" and it seemed like it was true for a long time and then that 180° turn quickly went 360°.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nah. Overlord DVD was just an optimistic fan holding onto hope to the bitter end. I respect that. I was too for a while. Certainly longer than the rest of the Fandom Menace. I'm even still holding out for Kenobi, though I don't know why at this point.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 February 2022 - 09:33 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postjkas789, on 11 February 2022 - 12:12 PM, said:

At this point, I think even Doomcock has lost faith in Star Wars as a whole. At least going by his review of the last episode and his latest video uploaded.

it has already been brought up numerous times: disney promotes diversity in their writting staff. They have openly admitted they've taken excellent scripts written by white men and thrown them away in favor of poorly written hackjobs penned by someone who's checked the appropriate boxes

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 February 2022 - 09:58 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

To be fair, Rise of Skywalker was written by whte men and it's by far the worst writing ever done for Star Wars. ;)
"Somehow Palpatine returned" anyone?

On a more serious note, you'd think they would learn and try to improve after that disaster of a movie. I guess not..
I wonder if there's anywhere left to go with Star Wars because in the end it always reverts back to the same imagery and the same conflicts.
Should be a huge galaxy with enough oportunities to branch out but always ends up feeling rather small.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMerlijn, on 12 February 2022 - 02:09 AM, said:

To be fair, Rise of Skywalker was written by whte men and it's by far the worst writing ever done for Star Wars. ;)

the mary-sue women are smart and powerful while all men are boisterous idiots series?
it still had boxes to check and agendas to fulfill

not sure if you're simply trying to be a contrarian, or you're pointing out that Kennedy's anti-man sentiments are also a major influence on the final product

It is programming that is by BIPOC storytellers, for BIPOC audiences, curated by executives of color, high-level leaders inside of our organization
-Walt Disney Television’s chairman of entertainment Dana Walden ca. Apr. 2021

The DGE (Disney General Entertainment Content) Writing Program is a highly selective, annual TV staffing program. The goal is to staff emerging and diverse television writers on DGE scripted series.
White males need not apply.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 12 February 2022 - 08:48 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

do you suffer from:
Posted Image

you better (not) check the appropriate boxes or you going to mandatory 'camp' for three weeks so you can concentrate on how to be a better ally
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 12 February 2022 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMerlijn, on 12 February 2022 - 02:09 AM, said:

Correction, two Jews and two white guys.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 12 February 2022 - 09:18 AM, said:

Correction, two Jews and two white guys.

sooo.... four white guys.
at least according to whoopi goldsperg

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

I have to give this a chance because I've been wanting Ewan back in this exact time period for a long time. Maybe it'll suck, but this teaser was not bad at all. I just don't like how they brutalized the design for the Grand Inquisitor who is supposed to be a Pau'an (seen in Ep3) and looks nothing like that. Interested to see where it goes. I won't be paying for Disney+ to see it, though.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this. This series is in my opinion the one that will make or break the future of Star Wars. The Mandalorian , Bad Batch, where lucky breaks while the Book of Boba Fett was IMO a loss of all the good will Lucas Films/Disney had regained after the Disney trilogy. If they fuck something as high profile as a Obi Wan movie, I don't see how the franchise could recover.

This is Star Wars' Star Trek Picard. If they fuck this up, the franchise will be dead in the eyes of fans and will be put on life support by Disney or even canned. This is the make it or break it moment in my pedestrian opinion.

Fingers crossed I guess. I'm not that confident in it's success.

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postjkas789, on 11 March 2022 - 11:02 PM, said:

If they fuck this up, the franchise will be dead in the eyes of fans and will be put on life support by Disney or even canned. This is the make it or break it moment in my pedestrian opinion.

The money will keep coming no matter what shit they do, so you will see a fuckton more Star Wars shows either way. Disney+ is there for a reason. I have only watched Mandalorian from SW series and thought it's good, but it wasn't anything groundbreaking or anything, just a funny action show to watch and chill. I've seen die-hard fans being both super into Clone Wars and Bad Batch, while the others were saying they couldn't make it past the first few episodes of it. But the shit is selling, so there will be more anyway.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostAleks, on 12 March 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

But the shit is selling, so there will be more anyway.

the chinese have lots of money.
especially from the sale of organs harvested in their concentration camps

• The Sarien Encounter

Sadly, Aleks is correct.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostAleks, on 12 March 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

I've seen die-hard fans being both super into Clone Wars and Bad Batch

Clone Wars were pretty nice to watch from what I remember (I've seen only several early seasons though), and I believe Bad Batch is about in the same vein.

I don't know. I was never a fan of 3d clone wars or Ahsoka in general but it's a hell of a lot better than the sequel trilogy. In regards to bad batch I have the same opinion. Rebels was surprisingly ok though.

• The Sarien Encounter

The Clone Wars starts getting really good after season 3. It's legitimately a good show. Ahsoka really grew on me after she grew up. If you haven't watched it through, give it a chance. It left the same impression on me as Batman TAS. The movie and the first two seasons are just bleh really though.

I didn't think Bad Batch was quite as good though. Rebels had a couple great moments but most episodes are kind of filler too.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 April 2022 - 12:55 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 April 2022 - 12:52 PM, said:

The Clone Wars starts getting really good after season 3. It's legitimately a good show. Ahsoka really grew on me after she grew up. If you haven't watched it through, give it a chance. It left the same impression on me as Batman TAS. The movie and the first two seasons are just bleh really though.

I didn't think Bad Batch was quite as good though. Rebels had a couple great moments but most episodes are kind of filler too.

I will have to watch it just for your recommendation. I just hope it stands up to the OG Clone Wars.

• The Sarien Encounter

OG Clone Wars was great animation-wise, but it was just battles non stop. Not a lot of stories to speak off. A little zany. TCW is much more story focused. I do like how OG Clone Wars explained things like Anakin's scar and Grievous' cough though. Too bad it's not "canon."

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 April 2022 - 05:10 AM

So apparently Scalpers Set Their Sights On LEGO Star Wars Deluxe Edition 'Blue Milk Luke' Minifigure.

They are fucking scalping this piece of trash:

Attached Image: blue-milk-luke-img.large.jpg

I fucking hate this so, so much.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Aleks 

Attached Image: beepboop.png

View PostAleks, on 18 April 2022 - 12:02 PM, said:

Sorry Aleks! I meant to give you a like but my stupid third world dumbass ended up disliking the post on accident. Man I wish we could revert the like/dislike thing.

And yeah, Obi Wan was very brutal with Anakin at the end of episode 3.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

I just watched yesterday the episode 2 of the Obi Wan series. It's decent, if not overly predictable. Leia is annoying as fuck (but we have to have a cute child character in every damn star wars series now so fuck me I guess) and there are a lot of little lore inconsistencies? Like:

Spoiler

I don't know, at this point I think I'm a masochist.

EDIT: As a side note, apparently a lot of people on twitter were getting triggered because they equated the starting scene

Spoiler

with the Texas shooting. People really can't separate reality from fiction.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 30 May 2022 - 09:17 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't mind Leia. It's Reva I can't stand. Totally one-note 2-dimensional character. So, of course fans are criticizing her character and, of course, Disney is bringing out anti-hate Tweets and drudging up Ewan to make a video taking a stand against hate blah blah blah. I'm glad I'm not paying to see this.

It'd be nice if Disney tweeted anti-hate messages about Gina Carano or even Rosario Dawson. Or John Boyega regarding his airbrushing-out of the Chinese Ep7 poster and neutering of his character in all the sequels.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 June 2022 - 05:19 AM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options