Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJimmy, on 02 August 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

Nah dude. You know older people trying to keep up with woke culture. They're grimacing and going along, hoping not to get canceled. Young wokers fucking love that shit.

I know people in a large range of ages. A few of the older lefties are as you described, but the younger lefties I know definitely have real woke tendencies and beliefs. Even among them, though, there is a difference between how they "love" that shit, and how they react to things that genuinely entertain them. When it comes to woke content, they will publicly praise it but then quickly lose interest and quietly walk away from it. That's why the ratings on their shows is so low -- even they can't really stand to watch them. I think the only enjoyment they get out of those shows/films is a fleeting feeling or moral superiority and the satifaction of knowing that its pissing off some conservative somewhere.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostDanukem, on 02 August 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

I know people in a large range of ages. A few of the older lefties are as you described, but the younger lefties I know definitely have real woke tendencies and beliefs. Even among them, though, there is a difference between how they "love" that shit, and how they react to things that genuinely entertain them. When it comes to woke content, they will publicly praise it but then quickly lose interest and quietly walk away from it. That's why the ratings on their shows is so low -- even they can't really stand to watch them. I think the only enjoyment they get out of those shows/films is a fleeting feeling or moral superiority and the satifaction of knowing that its pissing off some conservative somewhere.

That's the most accurate description of woke audiences I've heard so far.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Consider yourself lucky then. I'm surrounded by veritable castratos.

Me after watching the Star Wars Visions trailer:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 August 2021 - 11:50 AM

When a Halloween Lego special looks better than the entire Sequel Trilogy.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostLazy Dog, on 09 September 2021 - 10:52 AM, said:

When a Halloween Lego special looks better than the entire Sequel Trilogy.

apparently animated shows don't need "forced" inclusive agendas

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

or
"How to Keep Milking the Mandalorian Fans"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Jury's out if it'll be good. I'm definitely going to watch it with my family because they're all psyched, but my hype has died considerably since Gina's dismissal and unjust cancellation. Favreau's still doing good stuff IMO.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 September 2021 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

So, Star Wars Visions released. I liked it, I though it was pretty good. Have anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts on it?

• The Sarien Encounter

Haven't seen it yet. Cancelled my Disney+ this month to save a bit of money. Getting it back next month. Will check it out then.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostForge, on 30 September 2021 - 07:29 AM, said:

or
"How to Keep Milking the Mandalorian Fans"

It's weird

It's like Disney failed to pull off a cinematic universe for Star Wars, so they are pushing for a cinematic universe of the Mandalorian alone

User is offline   Aleks 

I think no one would care for Mandalorian in the first place if it wasn't for Boba Fett - so yeah, I'm quite hyped for actual Boba getting his own series.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostAleks, on 01 October 2021 - 01:27 AM, said:

I think no one would care for Mandalorian in the first place if it wasn't for Boba Fett Baby Yoda

ftfy
my wife cares little for star wars and sci-fi in general, but she wanted to watch that series for one reason

View PostFox, on 30 September 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

It's weird

It's like Disney failed to pull off a cinematic universe for Star Wars, so they are pushing for a cinematic universe of the Mandalorian alone

it's typical disney. the same people that gave us the live-action versions of the animated classics, which nobody asked for

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 October 2021 - 06:19 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

^ What he said.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Has anyone watched the Book of Boba Fett here? If you did, how much did you hate the 3rd episode?

• The Sarien Encounter

I hated the Power Ranger speeders from the image I saw alone. I'm not watching this.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I watched the first episode and found it boring. Then we thought we'd give it a shot again the next day, also boring. Nothing to really HATE but it's just like.... This is what you do with Boba Fett? He got his ass kicked the entire first episode. The mystery of Boba Fett is feeling better than the story of Boba Fett, and that's been true since the Prequels. The more we learn about him, the less interesting he is.

User is offline   Forge 

I cancelled after Disney exercised hypocritical employment policies with their Mandalorian cast.

It might be a good show, but I don't care to find out.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image
you got no legs anakin

So I watched the 6th episode of the Book of Boba Fett yesterday. It boogles my mind that

1.- The show makes a complete 180 at the half of the series.

2.- The show gets better when fucking the fucking main character isn't on screen.

Has anyone watched episode 6 yet? What are your thoughts on where this could go after that cliffhanger?

Spoiler

But I have no hope because we live in the worst timeline.

• The Sarien Encounter

I haven't bothered watching it. I saw the screenshot of the Power Ranger gang speeder bikes and said "nuh uh." Many are saying they are purposefully diluting established characters to prop up the new ones so they can replace the old characters (whether out of spite or not having to pay George royalties I don't know). As for
Spoiler

They're not de-canonizing the sequel trilogy. I'm convinced of that now. All roads lead there. Not that that stops me from enjoying something good. I can enjoy something in isolation in the moment without worrying about where it's going. The first two seasons of Mandalorian I think are mostly pretty good to great. Another thing I don't like is
Spoiler

In regards to the series itself, after that episode with the Power Ranger bikes the whole series makes a very sharp 180 turn both in terms of tone and quality. If nothing else I would suggest you pirate the episodes if you are a tiny bit curious. Now in regards to the spoilers:

1.-

Spoiler

2.-

Spoiler

I'm still clinging onto a little bit of hope that they'll try and steer this were the DT doesn't make sense canonically. NOw I personally thing they are going to do this in a not so overt way (changing a character or lore piece here or there), so as not to fuck over the DT. Kind off like Warner is doing with their DC movies.

So, about that jedi temple...

This is a screenshot from starwars.com:

Attached Image: Screenshot_20220209_031840.png

• The Sarien Encounter

:'(

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I knew all along it was too good to be true.

So... about that episode 7. It was fine, even good at times. However it had this very campy bits and it's clear that unless they pull the time traveling shenanigans from that Star Wars cartoon show I keep forgetting the name of (Rebels?) this is gonna end the way of the sequels. I'm still gonna watch Mandalorian season 3 (pirated, as I have done with all the previous seasons) but I'm out after that.

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm disappointed in The Decision that was made which just causes things to stagnate with the same formula. That was the wrong choice for more reasons than just leading to the sequel trilogy.

That said, I'm not going to allow the ST to keep me from enjoying something that's actually good. Book of Boba Fett for me seems to be a total miss, but hopefully Kenobi will be better.

THAT said, after seeing how the mighty have fallen with Mando S2 to BoBF, I no longer have high hopes. I had hoped/expected Ewan to carry it entirely himself, but even he can't save terrible writing. I'm afraid I'll just be disappointed again. They just keep getting the tone all wrong. Which is surprising because Mando S1 and most of S2 really was nailing it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 February 2022 - 12:58 PM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options