Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think it's appropriate that a rebel character is played by someone who is a real life rebel.

User is offline   jkas789 

The more time passes, the more the rumors get more interesting. I wonder what will become of the IP in 2 years. At the moment the Mandalorian was a adrenaline injection however the franchise is not out of the woods yet IMO.

I am of the same idea that going hard reboot would be the best action in the long run. Solo lost money, the star wars disney park bombed and Disney is AFAIK on financial straights. They need Disney plus to succeed and it is obvious that both Marvel and Star Wars are going to lead the platform forward, for good or ill. However in the political climate I guess this could be difficult to achieve.

COVID really fucked us over, in more ways than one.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

The magic of good writers and direction ;)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 01 February 2021 - 10:22 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

To people who don't understand how it works, it is magic I'm sure. lol

Not mentioning any names of people currently and recently involved with LucasFilm or anything...

So I just discovered this:

Now I want an 80s anime of Star Wars.

Fun fact, there is a manga of star wars and IMO it is all right.

User is offline   Outtagum 

jkas789, on 02 February 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

Now I want an 80s anime of Star Wars.

https://twitter.com/...175537593282560

Star Wars: Visions, an Original Series of animated short films, celebrates the StarWars galaxy through the lens of the world’s best Japanese anime creators. Coming in 2021 to DisneyPlus.

jkas789, on 02 February 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

Now that's what I call Rooting for the Empire Posted Image Cool movie, though :)

Huh. This could be a fun development. Probably.

Man the EU, that brings up a lot of good memories. i never did like that Anakin Solo got axed.

• The Sarien Encounter

Mara Jade was my biggest loss.

Many think that Thrawn might be the next big bad that will culminate all these other Filoniverse shows. And especially with the recent cameo at the end of season 2 of Mandalorian, they think they might be ramping up for some kind of retelling of Heir To The Empire/Dark Force Rising/The Last Command Thrawn Trilogy books. I won't dare get my hopes up that high, though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 February 2021 - 06:05 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Pellaeon for life

Gina Carano got fired from the Mandalorian studio.

• Duke Plus Developer

Firing their one token conservative actor over mildly edgy tweets makes zero sense at first glance -- they will lose potentially millions of subscribers and other revenue from disgusted consumers such as myself for whom this blatant example of the double-standard is the last straw.

My guess is that Disney is expecting a huge bailout from their allies in the new administration so they really don't care about sales. Why earn money when you can steal it?

Honestly I wish Gina Carano had exercised a little bit of caution. I love to shitpost (everyone who looks my username in the discord knows I like to make myself a nuisance) however I think she should have played this one safer. At the end of the day, she was fired, and how that will impact the direction Star Wars takes shape in the future is something that we should keep an eye on.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If I was paying for Disney+ I would cancel it.

User is offline   Forge 

Gina posted that Epstein didn't kill himself

that is as anti-disney pedo culture as you can get. No wonder she was canned.

• The Sarien Encounter

I think she knew it and went down swinging. Not out of spite but while she still could make a point. And her final nail in the coffin PROVED exactly what she was trying to say. Meanwhile Pedro Pascal actually does what they're accusing Gina of doing (and didn't) and he still has jobs and job offers (like the new Last Of Us series).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 February 2021 - 10:06 AM

To be fair The Last of Us is a shit story IMO (a The Road knock off with mushroom zombies) that is "inspired" by much better works and relies on emotional manipulation to be interesting.

Also have you seen the casting? Pedro Pascal + the actor of Arya (snrk) for GoT?

Blegh. I have better things to do with my time than watch that shieet.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

jkas789, on 11 February 2021 - 12:36 PM, said:

To be fair The Last of Us is a shit story IMO (a The Road knock off with mushroom zombies) that is "inspired" by much better works and relies on emotional manipulation to be interesting.

Someone once had the gall to tell me last of us 2 had a better story then spec ops: the line....

I don't trust his opinions anymore.

• The Sarien Encounter

Also have you seen the casting? Pedro Pascal + the actor of Arya (snrk) for GoT?

Blegh. I have better things to do with my time than watch that shieet.

Not Arya. I read it was that little girl head of that one house. The one who took down a giant in the last season.

User is offline   Forge 

To be fair

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

picture of an E-Woke performing a cleansing ritual prior to presenting their virgin child sacrifice to Lord Jack Dorsey
colorized
circa 2019
Posted Image

Rogue One was Imperial propaganda, trying to make it seem like it took a great deal of effort for the Rebellion to get the Death Star plans. In reality Kyle Katarn showed up, killed 600 Storm Troopers and left with the plans 15 mins later.

Lazy Dog, on 02 August 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

Rogue One was Imperial propaganda, trying to make it seem like it took a great deal of effort for the Rebellion to get the Death Star plans. In reality Kyle Katarn showed up, killed 600 Storm Troopers and left with the plans 15 mins later.

Amen. I still can't believe they had the audacity to retcon Kyle motherfucking Katarn.

User is offline   Forge 

Disney will not be putting out anything worth watching until they decide to start hiring screenwriters and directors that are qualified based on skills instead of how many boxes they check off on an intersectional inclusivity list.
scripts also get vetted using the same criteria.

This post has been edited by Forge: 02 August 2021 - 11:58 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

I have enough connections to woke people and the things they watch to know that even woke people don't like toxic woke content. No one really wants to see weak emasculated men being sidelined/humiliated. They want to see cool/strong/funny guys doing their thing, just like everyone else. And look, you can have progressive shows with powerful ladies while still also having strong men. A good example of this is Witcher season 1. But the hacks given control of Disney shows and movies for the most part can't resist going a step further and making it toxic and anti-male -- because they prioritize that over storytelling. It's starting to hurt their bottom line now and this will only accelerate as the last remnants of good will evaporate.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Nah dude. You know older people trying to keep up with woke culture. They're grimacing and going along, hoping not to get canceled. Young wokers fucking love that shit.

• The Sarien Encounter

Mandalorian is great. Favreau's doing good work.

Danukem, on 02 August 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

A good example of this is Witcher season 1.

The Witcher was a mess though. Also I was not a fan of the race swaps but I'm a lore purist so by definition I'm a loser.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options