Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Merlijn 

Lots of member berries in the new trailer. I have to admit it looks good… but so did the trailers for The Last Jedi. So that's not saying much. :lol:
Also, apparently Palpatine will be in the movie? Hopefully just as a ghost or a vision or something like that.. Retconning his death from ROTJ would be really stupid.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but together, I know WE can discover it".

disposable characters are disposable - they'll kill him by throwing him down another hole.

Palpatine did nothing wrong.

User is offline   Forge 

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostKathy, on 13 April 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

In case of Plasma I see no problem.

Her purpose was to become an iconic character or a "meme" hence they in the end were trying to force her through everything in media which was one of many big mistakes they did. The problem is that those people are clueless how to artificially make something iconic like Han Solo or Boba Fett, for example. Moreover, ironically they made it even harder to succeed by choosing Phasma who is a woman among other things. For incompetent "writers" it's insanely difficult to write likable, non-bland or in other words good woman characters, let alone memetic.

Some would say that it's impossible to make something popular artificially, but I think it is possible while challenging and takes big efforts with care, something those people lack of. In fact I consider her salvageable because they didn't ruin her completely.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 14 April 2019 - 08:00 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Star Wars is like Matrix now. Yes, the Jedi can make maybe time move slow for themselves ... but there was a reason for no such crap in the orignal trilogyy (and even not in the pregquel trilogy).

EDIT:

PS: Rise of the Skywalker would have had a better rhythm than The Rise of Skywalker and also had more punch.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 14 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Palpatine is alive?

well, another reason to not give a shit about Disney Star Wars.

what's next, they gonna build another Death Star?

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 14 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 14 April 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but together, I know WE can discover it".

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postfuegerstef, on 14 April 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

PS: Rise of the Skywalker would have had a better rhythm than The Rise of Skywalker and also had more punch.

Yeah, but then it would have EXACTLY the same acronym letters as Revenge of the Sith.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHank, on 14 April 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

He will become a real ghost.

Posted Image

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yeah, but then it would have EXACTLY the same acronym letters as Revenge of the Sith.

Or Return of the Jedi ... bringing all third installments of each trilogy in line. :lol:

User is offline   Kathy 

Huh, am I missing something? Rise Of The Skywalker(ROTS) would be bad because it's the same acronym as Revenge Of The Sith(ROTS). ROTJ isn't even on the table here.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

"M-maybe if I say that I didn't watched any sci-fi/fantasy/nerdy movie in my life and I spend my money in luxury stuff they will think I'm a winner and I will be able to overcome my ego problems"
Posted Image

Last time I checked it's very popular to be nerdy in the States or even in Europe. But honestly who the fuck cares what you watch or don't? Attention whores will be always whores no matter what they do.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 20 April 2019 - 06:50 AM

Hmm, I don't know about that, maybe popular to pretend to be nerdy, but real nerds have brains and the poser types run a mile in fear when they actually encounter someone who isn't just parroting, it scares them because they know how stupid they're about to have made themselves look. It's funny, because I'm just old enough to remember when being nerdy, or playing video games, made you some kind of outcast, you were weird and nobody wanted anything to do with you as this somehow made you defective - they may have had a point.

As for Star Wars, I don't know what the big deal is or why it's still around, nor do I understand people really expecting anything else out of a kids' cash-in movie trilogy which was later adapted and marketed to adults who never grew up.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 20 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHigh Treason, on 20 April 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm just old enough to remember when being nerdy, or playing video games, made you some kind of outcast, you were weird and nobody wanted anything to do with you

soooooo....this morning?

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHigh Treason, on 20 April 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

real nerds have brains

You mean autism...

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

• The Sarien Encounter

Been waiting for this! Haven't watched it yet. Will later tonight probably.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

I think nothing going to top this.
Posted Image

What is that from? Why would you make that? Why would they need that when they could just force jump away? I feel like staring at that too long could cause my brain to explode.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options