Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's from Rebels series.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Which is otherwise decent.

I'd say it was hit and miss in most cases. I wish it had more care or love put into it, but Disney was way too cheap to invest more into it which you can see even from the quality of models in the show. The Clone Wars was better, even though it too had pretty stupid moments, some of that also messed with lore of the third episode. Really enjoyed it and hate that they haven't finished it.

But Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was the real shit, Grievous alone was great in there at least because he was competent compared to Grievous in Filoni's The Clone Wars, hated him the most in the late seasons. It's a shame 2003 series was so short though, the only downside in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 26 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

The Clone Wars is getting finished now, though. They're taking all the unfinished episodes that were being made and finishing them. It's going to air on Disney+ in Feb.

I'm psyched for the Boba Fett vs Cad Bane episode.

Clone Wars the cartoon was....a bit odd. Just a ton of battles and not much story. It was interesting, but it's a bit of a slog to sit through more than once.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

I remember. But I don't really trust them to make it the way it was supposed to be, Disney wouldn't be Disney after all if things were perfect. I'm expecting changes, but still hoping for the best.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 26 August 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Clone Wars the cartoon was....a bit odd. Just a ton of battles and not much story. It was interesting, but it's a bit of a slog to sit through more than once.

This is pretty much what I meant by saying it's way too short.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 26 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

That's cool.

• The Sarien Encounter

The Mandalorian is very good. It's nice to be looking forward to Star Wars stuff again. Wow.

User is offline   Forge 

because the movie franchise is ruined. not going to get better either, the disease is terminal.

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

That's why they cancelled all movies. Both trilogies by Benioff and Weiss and Rian Johnson. Iger said all future Star Wars movies are "put on hiatus." That's PR-speak for "alright alright they're not going to make any money because people hate these writers so they're all cancelled now."

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 November 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

The Mandalorian is very good. It's nice to be looking forward to Star Wars stuff again. Wow.

Yes, it is very good. The storytelling and characters are simple but classic and compelling. The effects are grounded and not overdone. The world is believable and stays true to the original trilogy, with plenty of references but nothing jarring. Above all, I can relax and enjoy myself when I'm watching it. I don't feel like I have to constantly brace myself because I'm about to get slapped in the face with cringey moralizing or pandering. This could change with further episodes, but so far, so good.

• The Sarien Encounter

The world building is textbook Star Wars. Like, ANH levels. I wasn't really expecting that. I was finding it familiar as Star Wars in ways I didn't expect to.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

The world building is textbook Star Wars. Like, ANH levels. I wasn't really expecting that. I was finding it familiar as Star Wars in ways I didn't expect to.

For example, in the second episode we learned some more about Jawas, it was interesting and yet believable and consistent with everything we already knew about Jawas. It sounds easy, and it should be, but I'm pretty sure that the recent movie teams would have fucked it up somehow. Like, they would have had them all worshipping a fat Jawa empress who looks like Oprah or they would have told us that the Jawas were heavily into recycling to protect the environment or something ridiculous like that.

User is online   Steve 64 

Flinn: They fly now

Me: Ummm You are high or something they been flying since which one should I do return of the jedi or revenge of the sith serious disney YA ARE FUCK UP IN THE HEAD SERIOUSLY WATCH THE FUCKING FILMS.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why does baby Yoda have black eyes but all other appearances Yoda has had human-like eyes?

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostJesus is King, on 26 November 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Why does baby Yoda have black eyes but all other appearances Yoda has had human-like eyes?

In episode 3 you can see a bit of "whites" on the sides when it looks side to side. The size of eyeballs never change when you age so they look bigger on babies than in adults. This is true for humans as well as Yoda-ians apparently. It hasn't grown into its eyes yet.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 November 2019 - 05:13 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 26 November 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

In episode 3 you can see a bit of "whites" on the sides when it looks side to side. The size of eyeballs never change when you age so they look bigger on babies than in adults. This is true for humans as well as Yoda-ians apparently. It hasn't grown into its eyes yet.

The eyes are still just black instead of being human-like.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJesus is King, on 27 November 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

don't be distracted from the important issues.
Is Yoda male or female & how does zer identify?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Star Wars sucks. The entire franchise.

Spoiler

• The Sarien Encounter

The Mandalorian is actually good though. No, like actually.

View PostJesus is King, on 27 November 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

Perhaps in Yoda's species it takes time for the colour to develop around the pupils.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 27 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The last few episodes of Mandalorian have been meh for me. Not bad, but nothing special. The main problem is that they aren't advancing the plot or developing the characters much. The show has settled into a pattern where it tells a little western style story each episode, and there's not much to say about it. A little disappointing, but not terrible.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostJesus is King, on 26 November 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The Mandalorian came back strong in episode 6, arguably the best episode of the series so far.

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 07 December 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 18 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options