Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Forces -- THE Star Wars mod for EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Forces -- THE Star Wars mod for EDuke32

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hey that's pretty cool! Right now I'm finishing up the Tusken raider, after that maybe I will try adding the ion rifle. At one point I was going to add a Jawa, but unfortunately I discovered that the sprites I have are shit, mostly consisting of identical tiles without enough different ones to make a proper walking animation.

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

At one point I was going to add a Jawa, but unfortunately I discovered that the sprites I have are shit, mostly consisting of identical tiles without enough different ones to make a proper walking animation.

Not that complicated give a better walking, the legs are not seen so it should be enough to change the folds of the skirt on each frame to give the illusion. Or you could just paste the lower part of the tusken.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 05 February 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Not that complicated give a better walking, the legs are not seen so it should be enough to change the folds of the skirt on each frame to give the illusion. Or you could just paste the lower part of the tusken.

If you want to take a look at it, I have attached the jawa sprite folder with the duplicate sprites removed. I'm sure you are right, but it would still take me a good deal of time to add the animations and I'm trying to finish some other stuff more suited to my skillset.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  jawa.rar (66.61K)
    Number of downloads: 6

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

Ok here is my Jawa walk frames, only those are missing obviously. Obtained after a simple pixeling and de-pixeling and some copypasting.

Attached File  Missing Jawa Walking Frames.zip (54.61K)
Number of downloads: 6

That DF community Tusken has Melee mace and Thermal Detonator attacks, but Tuskens even uses guns like their Cycler Rifle http://starwars.wiki...n_Cycler_rifle. You would include a Tusken gunner? It seems rather easy to pixeling, It is almost a broomstick.

I wonder if it is possible add a game mechanic that spawns specific enemies in specific areas, for ex. if the the mod finds out that the map is full of a certain quantity of snow areas, it will spawn SnowTrooper in map instead of the regular ones.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 06 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 06 February 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Ok here is my Jawa walk frames, only those are missing obviously. Obtained after a simple pixeling and de-pixeling and some copypasting.

Thank you! I will look at those and code a jawa in the future.

That DF community Tusken has Melee mace and Thermal Detonator attacks, but Tuskens even uses guns like their Cycler Rifle http://starwars.wiki...n_Cycler_rifle. You would include a Tusken gunner? It seems rather easy to pixeling, It is almost a broomstick.

I finished coding the tusken based on the existing animations. Instead of a thermal detonator, I have them throwing a net which temporarily restrains the player (although he can still fire, and he can escape from it using lightsaber). Even though we don't see them using nets in the movies, I feel it is consistent with what we know about them and adds a new gameplay element. Thanks to Gambini for the net sprite!

I wonder if it is possible add a game mechanic that spawns specific enemies in specific areas, for ex. if the the mod finds out that the map is full of a certain quantity of snow areas, it will spawn SnowTrooper in map instead of the regular ones.

I have been doing that already in some respects. For example, Duke enemies are much more likely to be randomly replaced by Tusken raiders if they are outside (parallaxed ceiling in the sector). But it gets tricky when trying to determine the type of terrain, not to mention it requires tedious coding. With snow, for example: there are certain textures typically associated with snow, but mappers can be very creative and there is no way to be sure. There was/is a funny bug in Attrition which exemplifies this problem. Footstep sounds in that mod are based on the floor texture and pal, but some floors that look like snow are used for other things (e.g. the white lines on roads) and the snow stepping sound will play if you walk on them.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options